Click here to load reader
Embed Size (px)
Toyota and Its Logo History
Transcript of Toyota
- TOYOTA Background
Toyota Motor Corporationcommonly known simply asToyotaand abbreviated asTMC.
Headquartered inToyota City,Aichi, Japan.
Founded byKiichiro Toyodain 1937.
- TMC is part of theToyota Group, one of the largest conglomerates in the world.
A spinoff fromhis father'scompanyToyota Industries.
In 1934,Toyota Industries, Created its first product, theType A engine.
- Toyota Motor Corporation group companies
Along with several "non-automotive" companies.
- 1867, Birth of Sakichi Toyoda.
1924, Invents Toyoda Model
G Automatic Loom.
- In 1929, Automatic-loom patent is sold to a British company.
In 1930, Begins research on small gasoline-powered engine.
- In 1933, Automobile Department
Toyoda Automatic Loom Works, Ltd.
- In 1936, The AA Sedan
Toyota Motor Co., Ltd.
- In 1938,
In 1950, Company faces a financial crisis; Toyota Motor Sales Co., Ltd. is established.
- In 1951, Suggestion System begins.
In 1955, The Toyopet Crown, Toyopet Master and Crown Deluxe are launched.
- In 1957, first of the Crown prototypes exported to the United States.
Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A., Inc..
- In 1959, MotomachiPlant begins production.
- In 1965, Wins Deming Application Prize.
In 1966, Corolla launched &
Business partnership with Hino Motors Ltd.
- In 1967, Business partnership with Daihatsu Motor Co., Ltd.
- 1974, Established Toyota Foundation established.
1982, Toyota Motor Co., Ltd. and
Toyota Motor Sales Co., Ltd.
are merged into
Toyota Motor Corporation.
- 1984, Joint venture with General Motors begins production in USA.
1988, Toyota Motor Manufacturing,
USA, Inc. (present TMMK)
- 1992,Begins production in UK.
- In 2000, Sichuan Toyota Motor Co., Ltd. begins China
In 2001, Begins production in France.
- In 2002, Toyota enters Formula One World Championship.
Tianjin Toyota Motor Co., Ltd. begins production in China.
- In 2008, Worldwide Prius sales top 1 million mark.
In 2010,Worldwide Prius sales top 2 million
Toyota and Tesla Motors agree on joint EV
- In 2010, employed 317,734 people worldwide.
Was the world's largest
by production in 2010.
- Logo history
In 1936, Toyoda Automatic Loom Works Ltd. launched first passenger car.
Needed a new trademark to commemorate the launch.
- Competition was held to establish a logo.
Received 27,000 entries.
To Promote the companys vehicles.
Express the feeling of speed.
- Thus, changed name from Toyoda to Toyota.
Toyota gave the logo a sleek look.
Japanese word Toyota (eight) means to bring luck and prosperity.
- Original Toyota logo is still used as the companys emblem.
Logo given all new joinee.
The current Toyota logo consists of the name TOYOTA in roman type.
- With three ovals in red and white color scheme.
The two perpendicular center ovals represent a relationship of mutual trust between the customer and Toyota.
- These ovals combine to symbolize the letter "T" for Toyota.
The space in the background implies a global expansion of Toyota's technology.
And unlimited potential for the future.
- The logo started appearing on all printed material, advertisements, dealer signage, and the vehicles themselves in 1990.
For your Attention