Thomas Carney - Growth Hacking Meetup #5 - The underrated role of pricing in driving SaaS revenue...
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Thomas Carney - Growth Hacking Meetup #5 - The underrated role of pricing in driving SaaS revenue...
- 1. The underrated role of pricing in driving SaaS revenue growth
- 2. Wordpress Hosting 10 /month 1 /month 500+ /month
- 3. Three Levers of SaaS Growth Growth = Acquisition x Pricing x Retention
- 4. Importance of Customer Success
- 5. 5 Ways to Go $0 to $100M Source: http://christophjanz.blogspot.com/
- 6. Planio Pricing Schema in January
- 7. Planio Pricing Schema in January Silver Gold Diamond Platinum Enterprise Team Members 9 30 60 100 Unlimited
- 8. Distribution of # of Users 010203040 Boxplot of users
- 9. Insights from the Analysis 75% of our customer base only needed Gold or lower 50% of our customer base only needed Silver Account with 10 team members was paying the same price as an account with 30 team members. Conclusion: Our pricing scale was not calibrated to our customers.
- 10. New Pricing Scheme Silver Gold Diamond Platinum Enterprise Team Members 5 10 20 45 100
- 11. The New Pricing Plans
- 12. Grandfathering Dont force any pricing changes on existing customers
- 13. What happens when you dont grandfather
- 14. Tool vs Solution You can charge multiples for a solution compared to a tool, even if the underlying software is the same.
- 15. Pricing as Part of User Research Great pricing comes from deeply understanding your customers.
- 16. Pricing Questions to Use: At what monthly price point does ACME start to become expensive, but youd still consider purchasing it? At what monthly price point does ACME start to become a really good deal? At what monthly price point does ACME start to become so cheap that youd question the quality of it?
- 17. Charge more for software!
- 18. Resources to Check Out SaaStr.com PricingIntelligently.com http://christophjanz.blogspot.com http://thomascarney.org
- 19. Thanks!