1. Ebola survivor Sontay Massaley, 37, smiles upon her release from the Doctors Without Borders (MSF), Ebola treatment center on Oct. 12, 2014 in Paynesville, Liberia.
2. The Most Uplifting Photos of 2014 all photos belong to their original authors TIME's photo editors present this year's heart-warming images
3. NASA astronaut Reid Wiseman, crew member of the mission to the International Space Station, ISS, gestures with his daughter, from a bus as they leave from a hotel prior the launch of Soyuz-FG rocket at the Russian leased Baikonur cosmodrome, Kazakhstan, May 28, 2014.
4. Wounded members of the Ukrainian forces, Ukrainian paratroopers Ruslan Yarish (R) and Oleksandr Ponomaryov (L) kiss their brides during their wedding in the central military hospital in Kiev, Ukraine, July 9, 2014.
5. Hands hugging trees are pictured as participants take part in an attempt to break the Guinness World Record for the most number of people hugging trees for two minutes in Kathmandu June 5, 2014.
6. LAUREN FLEISHMAN FOR TIME
7. Holocaust survivor Moshe Roth, 81, a writer and painter born in Nancy, France, relaxes after smoking medical marijuana in the Hadarim Nursing home in Kibbutz Naan, near Rehovot, Israel, April 27, 2014.
8. Xolani Nxumalo (19) holds a young boy as he jumps on a trampoline while children watch in the Alexandra township in Johannesburg, South Africa, June 24, 2014.
9. 110-year-old Hector Gaitan kisses his wife Nora Campo inside his home, at an abandoned station of the Nicaraguan Railway Company, the country's defunct railway, located on the outskirts of Managua April 8, 2014
10. A detail from Konrad Lars Hastings Titlow, a picture named after the photograph's son, and taken on June 25, 2014 which won the 2014 Taylor Wessing photography prize.
11. A girl plays with the water curtains that have been installed by firemen to bring relief to local people suffering from scorching heat on Piotrowska Street in Lodz, Poland, May 24, 2014.
12. A teenage girl from the Santa Marta "favela" slum holds a pair of high heels before the start of a debutante ball organized by the Pacifying Police Unit from her neighborhood in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Aug. 29, 2014.
13. A sun bear takes a nap in one of Free The Bears' hammocks at the Phnom Tamao Wildlife Rescue Center, Sep. 5, 2014.
14. Palestinian youths practice their parkour skills at the Shati refugee camp in Gaza City April 27, 2014.
15. North Koreans gather to dance in downtown Pyongyang, July 27, 2014 in North Korea.
16. A water park on the outskirts of Erbil,Iraq, Sept. 8, 2014.
17. Iwan Carpenter receives hug from his mum Amanda as he sits on Brookehall Glimpse after competing at the Royal International Horse Show on July 30, 2014 in Hickstead, England.
18. Air Force Academy graduates throw their caps into the air as F-16 jets from the Thunderbirds make a flyover, at the completion of the graduation ceremony for the class of 2014, at the U.S. Air Force Academy, in Colorado, May 28, 2014.
19. King Felipe VI of Spain waves to the crowds during the royal procession down the Gran Via on June 19, 2014 in Madrid, Spain. The coronation of King Felipe VI was held in Madrid. His father, the former King Juan Carlos of Spain abdicated on June 2nd after a 39 year reign.
20. Malala Yousafzai, Pakistani girls-rights and education activist, accepts flowers in Birmingham, England, after being named a Nobel Peace Prize winner (with Indias Kailash Satyarthi) on Oct. 10, 2014.
21. Bill and Hillary Clinton cuddle their first grandchild, Charlotte Clinton Mezvinsky, at a New York City hospital on Sept. 27, 2014.
22. Wing Commander Matt Radnall, Officer Commanding 7 Force Protection Wing, carries a carefully folded Union Flag under his arm and back home to the UK as he walks out towards helicopter as the last British boots to leave Camp Bastion, Helmand Province, Afghanistan, Oct. 27, 2014
23. A cancer patient poses for a photo during her "Quinceanera" (15th birthday) party among other celebrants at a hotel in Managua Sept. 20, 2014.
24. The boat at center front, carrying George Clooney and his wife Amal Alamuddin is surrounded by media and security boats as they cruise the Grand Canal after leaving the Aman luxury Hotel in Venice, Italy, Sunday, Sept. 28, 2014. George Clooney married human rights lawyer Amal Alamuddin, out of sight of pursuing paparazzi and adoring crowds.
25. Gay rights supporters form a giant pink dot at "Speakers' Corner" in Singapore on June 28, 2014.
26. Chinese tourists take pictures near Tiananmen Square on the 65th National Day on Oct.1, 2014 in Beijing, China.
27. A Turkish couple share a romantic sunset at the back of a ferry on the Bosphorus, in Istanbul, on October 17, 2014 .
28. Children play with coloured water during "Huranga" at Dauji temple near the northern Indian city of Mathura March 18, 2014. Huranga is a game played between men and women a day after Holi, the festival of colors.
29. Bastian Schweinsteiger of Germany celebrates with the World Cup trophy after defeating Argentina 1-0 in extra time during the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Final match between Germany and Argentina at Maracana on July 13, 2014 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
30. An activist from the "Right Sector" anti-government protest group presents a bouquet of flowers to his girlfriend in front of fellow activists near the site of previous clashes with riot police in Kiev Feb. 13, 2014.
31. A boy plays with a paper plane at the corridor of the Emporium kindergarten in Koriyama, west of the tsunami-crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant, Fukushima prefecture Feb. 28, 2014.
32. A girl sticks out her tongue during snowfalls on a street in Hefei, Anhui province Feb. 13, 2014.
33. U.S. President Barack Obama gives a hug to Dallas nurse Nina Pham in the Oval Office of the White House Oct. 24, 2014 in Washington, DC. Pham, a nurse who was infected with Ebola from treating patient Thomas Eric Duncan at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas and was first diagnosed on October 12, was declared free of the virus.
34. Gay couple Peter McGraith (left) and David Cabreza kiss outside Islington Town Hall after getting married shortly after midnight in one of the UK's first same- sex weddings on March 29, 2014 in London, England.
35. Pope Francis celebrate the wedding of 20 couples in St. Peter on 14 Sept. 14, 2014.
36. Uyghur children play with balloons on the Eid holiday on July 29, 2014 in alleyway in old Kashgar, Xinjiang Province, China.
37. Yellow ribbons line Main Street as the hometown of Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl awaits his homecoming on June 1, 2014 in Hailey, Idaho. Sgt. Bergdahl was captured in Afghanistan in 2009 while serving with U.S. Armys 501st Parachute Infantry Regiment in Paktika Province. He was released after a swap for 5 prisoners being held at Guantanamo Bay was arranged.
38. Former Masters champion Gary Player of South Africa reacts after a putt on the ninth hole during the Par 3 Contest ahead of the 2014 Masters golf tournament at the Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, Georgia, April 9, 2014
39. Zookeeper Nadezda Radovic kisses a three week old white lion cub at Belgrade Zoo, Serbia, Oct. 17, 2014. The two white lions cubs, an extremely rare subspecies of the African lion were recently born at the Belgrade Zoo.
40. A Solar halo appears in the sky over Lhasa, capital of southwest China's Tibet Autonomous Region, May 5, 2014.
41. Afghan boys take flight on swings at a fair set up in a field near the Sahki Shrine during Nowruz festivities which marks the Afghan New Year in Kabul on March 21, 2014
42. Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, and her husband Britain's Prince William, watch as their son Prince George looks at an Australian animal called a Bilby, which has been named after the young Prince, during a visit to Sydney's Taronga Zoo April 20, 2014.
43. North Korean leader Kim Jong un (C) plays with children during a visit to the Taesongsan General Hospital in this undated photo released by North Korea's Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) in Pyongyang May 19, 2014.
44. A Palestinian man and his daughter are seen amongst wild mustard flowers which grow in the untilled fields across the Gaza Strip, on March 20, 2014, as the official start of spring is marked by the by the Vernal Equinox.
45. Wearing traditional Belarus costumes girls jump over a bonfire as they celebrate the Ivan Kupala night, an ancient heathen holiday, held in the countryside near the town of Turov, some 260 km southwest of the capital Minsk, on July 6, 2014.
46. People dive into the Mediterranean Sea on a hot summer's day in Nice, southern France, 21 July 2014.
47. In this photo taken Saturday, Feb. 8, 2014, a dancer performs in the crowd at the Mayak cabaret, the most reputable gay club in Sochi, Russia, host to 2014 Winter Olympics.
48. Lukas Michul, a member of the 'dream walker' group jumps from atop the rugged rocks overlooking the azure waters of Navagio beach, one of the Greece's most renowned leisure spots on the popular tourist island of Zakynthos on June 23, 2014.
49. Angelina Jolie, actor and humanitarian, is presented with honorary damehood by Britains Queen Elizabeth II in London on Oct. 10, 2014, for her services to U.K. foreign policy and her campaign to end sexual violence in war zones.
50. A boy carries a couple of turtles at a river near a check poi