The indian mela quiz finals 2013
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of The indian mela quiz finals 2013
- By Tanay
- Again, Mythology Entertainment Literature Arts related to India
- WRITE BROS.
- Rules 1o questions 6 Amar Chitra Katha comic covers you have to identify the title names 4 Indian postal stamps you have to identify the person depicted + 5 points for getting each correct There is a non-exhaustive connect between the answers to the stamps, if you get that connect, write it in your sheets. +10 bonus for getting the connect
- AMAR CHITRA KATHA
- EXCHANGE SHEETS
- Connect : All the 4 people shown in the stamps are Bharat Ratna Recipients
- INFINITE BOUNCE ( with Pounce)
- Rules 10 Questions +10 for getting a direct question or a question on the bounce correct, no negatives for a wrong answer to a direct question or a question on the bounce +15 for correct pounce, - 10 for wrong pounce Pounce closes 10 seconds after quizmaster stops reading the question
- 1. Video.mp4
- What is the name of this movie and it has been made to commemorate which event ? (Complete Answer on the pounce, part points on bounce)
- Bombay Talkies 100 years of Hindi Cinema/Bollywood
- 2. The festival was started in 1953 on a small scale, to commemorate the first death anniversary of Pt. ______ _______, the acclaimed Hindustani Classical vocalist of the Kirana Gharana. The festival played a key role in the development of Hindustani Classical music in India's post-independence cultural history. Prior to Indian Independence, Hindustani Classical musicians were supported by monarchs under patronage as court musicians since the beginning of the Mughal Empire. After independence, the political division between India and Pakistan culturally alienated many Hindustani musicians. The newfound Indian Republic resulted in an end to the patronage of musicians. Classical musicians were forced to find new methods of sustaining themselves and their art. Public performances of Classical musicians rose as a result, where the ______ _____ _______ Music Festival played an integral role in establishing a regional audience for Indian Classical music. Pt. Bhimsen Joshi lead the organization of the festival since its beginning until 2002.
- Sawai Gandharva Bhimsen Festival
- 3. The era of Neo-romanticism in Hindi literature, particularly Hindi poetry was marked by an upsurge of romantic and humanist content. It was also marked by a renewed sense of the self and personal expression, visible in the writings of time. It is known for its leaning towards themes of love and nature, as well as an individualistic re-appropriation of the Indian tradition in a new form of mysticism, expressed through a subjective voice. This era is preceded by Bharatendu Yug (18681893), and Dwivedi Yug (18931918), and is in turn, followed by the Contemporary Period, 1937 onwards. Some of the famous works of this era are Kamayani, Nihar and Madhushala By which name do we know this era ?
- 4. Devyani is the lead character, who from humble beginnings went on to become a very successful businesswoman. The story begins with an aged Devyani, now a 60 year old mother of two grown-up sons Jai and Sameer and grandmother of Kunal, attending a ceremony to celebrate her life achievements. The story shifts between Devyani in New Zealand and in Mumbai where a lookalike of Devyani named Avni is introduced. The story also goes in flashback of Devyanis younger years and the men in her life including Arjun and Amar. This is the plot of an Indian serial first broadcast on Sahara One on 25 August 2003 and lasted over 262 episodes ending in October 2004. Directed by Anurag Basu, this serial had an all-star cast and the roles of Devyani and Avni were played by the same actress What is the name of this TV series ?
- Karishma The Miracles of Destiny Just Karishma will fetch full points
- 5. X was born in Delhi and educated at Miranda House. Her first husband was a British actor of Indian origin, seen in movies like Shatranj Ke Khiladi and Chashme Buddoor. X won the Best Actress Award at the Berlin Film Festival in 1965 for her performance in Shakespeare Wallah. She also acted in The Perfect Murder alongside Amjad Khan and Naseeruddin Shah. Apart from being an actress, she is also the noted author of cookbooks of Indian, Asian, and World vegetarian cuisines, many of which have become bestsellers. She has presented several cookery series on television, including X's Indian Cookery in 1982, X's Far Eastern Cookery in 1989 and X's Flavours of India in 1995. Identify X.
- Madhur Jaffrey first husband was Saeed Jaffrey, daughter Sakina Jaffrey is seen in the US TV Series House of Cards
- 6. What is this called ?
- The Manganiyar Seduction
- 7. The drama was directed, written and produced by Shyam Benegal with cinematographer V. K. Murthy in 1988 for state-owned Doordarshan. The series dramatically unfolds and explores the fivethousand year history of India from its beginnings to the coming of the independence in 1947. It's cast include Om Puri, Roshan Seth and Tom Alter, and Om Puri provides the narration. Its first episode is also the name of a song from the movie Shanghai (2012) Which television series, currently aired on Lok Sabha TV ?
- Bharat Ek Khoj based on The Discovery of India by Jawaharlal Nehru
- 8. Padma Shri (1977) Sangeet Natak Akademi Award (1987) Dadasaheb Phalke Award (1992) First Indian to win Best Music for the film Rudaali at the Asia Pacific International Film Festival in Japan (1993) Padma Bhushan (2001) Sangeet Natak Akademi Fellowship (2008) The highest civilian award by Bangladesh Government (posthumously, 2011) Padma Vibhushan (posthumously, 2012) Accolades by which Assamese singer, who collaborated with Kalpana Lajmi in two National Award winning movies, Rudaali and Daman ?
- Bhupen Hazarika
- 9. What is being depicted in this rock carving from Halebid, near Belur ?
- Abhimanyu entering the Chakravyuh
- 10. Give funda Video 1.mp4
- Mohammad Rafi sings for Kishore Kumar
- SHORT CONNECT
- Rules 7 Questions, back to back The answer to each of them forms an exhaustive list Points for getting the connect decreases after every question Negatives for getting the connect wrong at any stage
- 1. Story behind which mythological characters birth ? + 40/ -30 Gautama Maharishi had a grandson called Shardwan . Shardwan was born with arrows, making clear he was a born archer. From his early childhood, he was more interested in archery than in the study of the Vedas. He meditated and attained the art of all types of warfare. He was such a great archer that no one could defeat him. This created panic amongst the gods. Especially Indra, the King of the Gods, felt the most threatened. He then sent a beautiful Apsara from the Heaven to distract the celibate saint. The nymph, called Janapadi, came to the saint and tried to seduce him in various ways. Shardwan was distracted and the sight of such a beautiful woman made him lose control and Janapadi gave birth to a son & daughter. But, Shardwan left his wife and children and went to the forest for penance. Coincidentally, King Shantanu, the great-grandfather of the Pandavas, was crossing by his hermitage and saw the children by the wayside. One look at them was enough for him to realize that they were the children of a great Brahmin archer. He took them back to his palace The son grew up to be an important figure in the battle of Mahabharata.
- 2. + 35 / - 25 This festival is celebrated in Kerala to commemorate which kings homecoming ?
- 3. + 30 / - 20 Yudhisthira crowned himself as the Emperor of