Target audience research
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Target audience research
- 1. Target Audience Research
- 2. When creating my magazine I based it more about my own preferences therefore by doing my audience research this enabled me to have interests from a wider amount of different individuals. In addition I wanted to make sure my content was appropriate and others similarly like me would be interested. Before doing my audience research I already knew the basic demographics of my magazine which were; 16-19 year olds, upper class and females with an indie/hipster edge whilst incorporating the charts. I wanted to find out whether it would interest my audience by having the charts? How often it should be published? How much their willing to pay? What colours theyd like featured? What would attract them on the cover? And finally who their favourite artist was? By finding out this information it will give me a brief summary of what should be incorporated which would increase my revenue and attract my target audience most. I believe this question was one of the most important ones for me. I strongly thought that there isnt a magazine on the market currently which incorporates the charts with fashion. By producing these results I decided to not include any form of chart music. This was a good that I did my audience research otherwise my product may not have succeeded or became an established magazine. I did my research my using a site called survey monkey. This is an online site which enables you to create and complete surveys. It allows you to do many different methods of answering questions such as multiple choice or just a simple answer of your choice. I believe this site was most suited to do my audience research because personally I believe computers are so vital in my targeted audiences lifestyles therefore theyd be more inclined to do my survey in comparison to a paper based option.
- 3. I believe this question was one of the most important ones for me. I strongly thought that there isnt a magazine on the market currently which incorporates the charts with fashion. By producing these results I decided to not include any form of chart music. This was a good that I did my audience research otherwise my product may not have succeeded or became an established magazine.
- 4. Here it shows results in which I didnt want to happen. My most popular results for this particular question was fortnightly and never. I am going to take another approach to how often id like it to be published which will be monthly. This is my second most chosen answer. I have chosen to go against my research because it is an upper class magazine therefore it will be priced relatively higher than other magazines but my target audience wouldnt have the money to afford it fortnightly. Also Vogue and Elle which I compare my magazine too most, publishes monthly. This may potentially decrease my revenue but most of my audience will be also Vogues and Elle magazines therefore I think it will open up to a wider audience.
- 5. Red, green and purple were most common including yellow, pink and black following behind. This gave me a good idea to include red, purple and black for my magazine.
- 6. Here it shows that a large percentage of my audience are 16-21 years old which is ideally who i am aiming my product at. This is a good indication of that my magazine will be profitable.
- 7. Here it shows that my audience is more females than males which is why i choose to go for a feminine magazine incorporating fashion.
- 8. When considering what should go on my cover i was extremely unsure on what would work best. My audience research decided that a band or artist was the best option, this is why i choose to go for Millie on my cover as shes an upcoming artist and also it gives a feminine edge by having her on my cover.
- 9. When looking at other products on the market such as Vogue and Elle i noticed they often give out freebies therefore this gave me an idea to incorporate this question. As shown my audience would be interested in this.
- 10. All my questions were based on answers i felt would be best for my magazine therefore this is why i took another approach to here what the audience would like included. However i went against the answers as i felt none of them were best for my magazine and i believe my own ideas would be more profitable.