Strong@Heart - Harnessing the Power of Social Media
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Strong@Heart - Harnessing the Power of Social Media
- 1.HARNESSING THE POWER OF SOCIAL MEDIALisa Tate, CEO, WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease Robert Schumm,Marketing Director, Bayer Consumer Care ePatient ConferenceOctober 26, 2009
- A womens advocacy campaign that encourages increased self-awareness of heart disease and advocates for active risk-reduction strategies optimizing aspirin utilization
is 2 http://www.facebook.com/strongatheart 3.
- The nations only patient-centered advocacy organization serving the 41 million American women living with, or at risk of, heart disease
- WomenHeart: real women
- living with heart disease the boots on the ground
3 WomenHeart is http://www.facebook.com/strongatheart 4.
- 27,000 members and electronic newsletter subscribers
- 450+WomenHeart Champions , heart disease survivors trained as community educators/spokespersons at the WomenHeart Science & Leadership Symposium at Mayo Clinic
- 60+ local Support Networks meeting monthly (and growing)
- Website with 100,000 unique visitors monthly www.womenheart.org
- Active online patient community with 2,600+ registered members
- Founding partner of National Heart, Lung & Blood InstitutesThe Heart Truth /Red Dress campaign
4 WomenHeart Today http://www.facebook.com/strongatheart 5.
- Empower women to be their own best advocate for heart health
- Collaborate with a high-quality sponsor in the social media arena to educate women about heart disease
- Expand our reach and visibility among target audiences
- Continue to develop on-line educational materials and content for women
WomenHeart Joined This Initiative to http://www.facebook.com/strongatheart 6.
- Aligned missions and goals
- Tools in place to promote program and Facebook page/increase fan acquisition
- Relevant, desirable and meaningful premium
- Compelling messengers
- Including strong professional and patient advocates
- Strong media call-to-action
A Meaningful Partnership http://www.facebook.com/strongatheart 7. Our First Forayinto Social Media 8. 2 http://www.facebook.com/strongatheart Program Goals Program Goals Messengers Compel women to identify their risk , advocate for their own heart health and, as appropriate, reduce their risk by using aspirin as directed by a doctor Raise awareness of aspirin as a lifesaver and springboard for a discussion around itsrange and relevance of benefits forwomen, including heart attack, prevention and protection Sandra Revill Tremulis:WomenHeart Championand patient advocate Kathy Berra, MSN, ANP: WomenHeart Scientific Advisory Council; clinician, Cardiovascular Medicine & Coronary Interventions, Redwood City, CA and Stanford Prevention Research Center 9.
- The target is online
- We need to continue the conversation
- Social media success = ongoing consumer/patient involvement and engagement
- Heart Month
Why Social Media for? 7 http://www.facebook.com/strongatheart 10.
- Created online community of women with an interest in CV health
Facebook Page 8 http://www.facebook.com/strongatheart 11. Marketing Mix 9 http://www.facebook.com/strongatheart Bayer Newsletter WomenHeart Newsletter eNewsletters HeartSAFE Dramatic Difference Media Outreach RNR Video Podcast Online Community 12. SHOULD YOU TAKE ASPIRIN DAILY? Fan Highlights: Spikes & Success 10 http://www.facebook.com/strongatheart 13. Social Media Traditional Media Dont forget on Facebook,WomenHeart Strong @Heart ! doctors said theaspirinprobably saved her life. TheBayer Aspirin Brandhas replicated [Sandras aspirin] holder called theStrong @Heart HeartSAFEthat can easily attach to a key chain or purse and should be carried by anyone at risk of a heart attack. What Success Looks Like:Advancing Education & Inspiring Advocacy 11 http://www.facebook.com/strongatheart 14. Viral Marketing Patient Resources I have passed this along to my Central Maryland Support Group. WomenHeart SupportGroup Leader It's a strong and simple message--I'll definitely [share it with] my friends. What Success Looks Like:Advancing Education & Inspiring Advocacy 11 http://www.facebook.com/strongatheart 15. Proven Partnerships Yield Strong Potential for Future Success 12 http://www.facebook.com/strongatheart