Spredfast e book-the-social-experience
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Spredfast e book-the-social-experience
12 Leading Brands & Visionaries Explore
the Elements of Great Social Programs
The Social experience
2 | The Social experience
Features Great Social experiences
20radioShack is Giving customers what they likeThe electronics retailer is driving in-store traffic with Facebook offers, tying loyalty to business impactBy Cosmin Ghiurau
16Going local with Social: how Whole Foods Builds engaged communitiesDoes your brand treat customers as equal partners in social conversations? here is why you shouldBy Natanya Anderson
The Social experience is brought to you by Spredfast.
Editors-in-ChiefCourtney Doman Jordan Slabaugh
Art DirectorAmanda Donaldson
Copy EditorsBrittany EdwardsAdrianne Gallman
Contributing WritersNatanya AndersonJay BaerSam DeckerCosmin GhiurauSandeep Gill Ann HandleyJackie HubaBrian MarksJon SanderAndy SernovitzJennifer StaffordBrian Stokoe
Please send us your comments and suggestions to @Spredfast
18U.S. cellular is answering the call for Social customer careWhat does it take to make social care great? Sonny Gill outlines U.S. cellulars approachBy Sandeep Gill
8constructing content that Drives awareness and loyaltycaTs Brian Stokoe reminds readers that great social content serves both the new fan and loyal followerBy Brian Stokoe
21Why Being helpful is Better than Being amazing The difference between helping and selling is just two lettersheres why those two letters make all the differenceBy Jay Baer
22incorporating Social into your Sales ToolkitSee how iBM and others are using social media to drive demand and connect with B2B prospectsBy Jon Sander
9a cautionary Tale on authenticity (or the lack Thereof)Why it isnt worth it to write fake reviews online. (and why it is to respond to the real ones.)By Andy Sernovitz
135 Ways to Wreck your content Marketingcontent is a huge opportunity for brands in social mediaavoid these 5 pitfalls on your path to successBy Ann Handley
26an inside look: The 3 Keys to araMarKs Social Successinsider tips to turn your social presence into more of a social business and less of a social activityBy Brian Marks
11paid, owned & earned: Marketings new Triple Threat Trying to align your converged media strategy? Take note from these three big brandsBy Sam Decker
24Would you like your own private island? homeaways approach to testing and measuring content is maximizing fan engagement and growing awarenessBy Jennifer Stafford
7ask Jackie: customer loyalty is the holy GrailJackie discusses the importance of customer loyalty with a marketer making the case for more social TlcBy Jackie Huba
6letters to the editorsWhy is your brand social? We asked social practitioners from todays top brandssee what they had to say
3 | The Social experience
1. natanya anderson is the Director of Social Media and Digital Marketing at Whole Foods Market. She has been working with new media for over a decade with a focus on both strategy and execution, helping organizations change the way they engage and communicate with customers. Through her non-profit work with the Austin Food Blogger Alliance, Natanya is helping shape the future of social content creation, as well as brand/blogger relations.
2. Sandeep Gill is the Social Media Manager at U.S. Cellular where he helps lead social business and marketing strategies. While at U.S. Cellular, hes helped develop & implement its social customer service and customer advocacy programs. Sonny has been immersed in and evolving the marketing & social industry for over eight years, with experience in telecommunications, higher education, and automotive.
3. Jackie huba is the author of Monster Loyalty : Creating Customer Evangelists, and Citizen Marketers. Named as one of the 10 most influential online marketers, Jackie co-authors the award-winning Church of the Customer blog. Her work has frequently been featured in the media, such as the Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Businessweek, and Advertising Age. She was a founding Board Member of the Word of Mouth Marketing Association.
4. cosmin Ghiurau leads the Social Media Practice at RadioShack Corporation with over 6,000 locations and 35,000 employees. Prior to RadioShack, Cosmin established and led Samsung Mobiles Social Media practice that led to record-breaking profits and standing for Samsung Mobile within the Mobility space. Cosmins experience spans retail, telecommunications, automotive, agency, and non-profit work.
5. Brian Stokoe is the Social Media Strategist for Caterpillar Inc. With 10+ years in various traditional and digital marketing roles for Caterpillar, Brian helps define the way customers in very diverse industries perceive and interact with Caterpillar across Blogs, Forums, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and many other social networks.
6. andy Sernovitz teaches word of mouth marketing and social media. He is the New York Times bestselling author of Word of Mouth Marketing: How Smart Companies Get People Talking. He leads SocialMedia.org, the community for social media leaders at the worlds greatest brands, and WordofMouth.org, where marketers and entrepreneurs learn to be great at word of mouth marketing.
1 Natanya Anderson | Director of Social Media and Digital Marketing, Whole Foods @NatanyaP2 Sandeep Gill | Social Media Manager, U.S. cellular @sonnygill
3 Jackie Huba | author, Monster loyalty @jackiehuba 4 Cosmin Ghiurau | Director Social Media & Digital Strategy, radioShack @cosguru
5 Brian Stokoe | Social Media Strategist, caterpillar inc @Brian_Stokoe 6 Andy Sernovitz | ceo, SocialMedia.org @sernovitz
4 | The Social experience
7 Sam Decker | ceo, Mass relevance @samdecker 8 Ann Handley | chief content officer, Marketingprofs @MarketingProfs
9 Jay Baer | president, convince & convert @jaybaer 10 Jon Sander | Digital Strategy Director, Mason Zimbler @thejonsander 11 Jennifer Stafford | Social Media Manager, homeaway @jennstafford 12 Brian Marks | Senior Manager, Social Strategy, araMarK @bmarks
12 7. Sam Decker is Co-Founder and CEO of Mass Relevance, a social engagement platform that discovers, filters, and displays real-time content anywhere. Prior to Mass Relevance, Sam was founding Chief Marketing Officer at Bazaarvoice, the leader in Software as a Service (SaaS) social commerce technologies serving over 1,000 brands, where he was responsible for building the companys brand, products, and platform.
8. ann handley is a veteran of creating and managing digital content to build relationships for organizations and individuals. Ann is co-author of the best-selling Content Rules: How to Create Killer Blogs, Podcasts, Videos, Ebooks, Webinars (and More) That Engage Customers and Ignite Your Business.
9. Jay Baer is a hype-free marketing strategist, speaker, and author and President of the social media and content marketing consultancy Convince & Convert.
A digital marketing pioneer, Jay has consulted with more than 700 companies since 1994, including Caterpillar, Nike, Visit California, Allstate, Petco, Columbia Sportswear, and 29 of the Fortune 500.
10. Jon Sander is the Digital Strategy Director at Mason Zimbler, a Harte-Hanks company, an international creative demand generation agency. He is responsible for leading the overall digital strategy and social media plans for a B2B client-base that includes the likes of IBM, Sage Software, and CenturyLink Business.
11. Jennifer Stafford is the Social Media Manager at HomeAway.com. She has worked at HomeAway since 2007 in both SEO and social media, and managed social media efforts for the 2010 and 2011 Super Bowl ad campaigns. She manages social media strategy, advertising, analytics, vendor and social network partnerships, global corporate communications for social media, and the employee social advocate program.
12. Brian Marks has over a decade of experience working with businesses to find solutions for their web, digital, and social media efforts, using these channels to help meet business goals and objectives. Brian leads a digital center of excellence at ARAMARK for social media, sharing and building resources, designing strategies and success measures, and developing scalable tools and rules of engagement for the companys businesses. He also builds and executes live and online social media training sessions for the enterprise.
5 | The Social experience
LEttEr from tHE EDitorS
This belief is foundational to everything we do at Spredfast. We are energized to be in an industry where the nature of communication between brands and their customers is fundamentally changing. And we see a huge opportunity for brands to create social experiences that are useful, unique, fun, touching, or otherwise meaningful, because we believe the sum of these individual social interactions is greater than its parts. Its about better relationshipsmore open, more loyal, and with more valuefor both your customers and for your business.
There are a seemingly endless number of questions that brands face as they continue to expand their social programs. Where are we going to build presences? On what channels should we engage? What are our campaigns going to look like? Who inside of our organization is going to
Courtney Doman & Jordan Slabaugh@cjdoman, @jordanv
work on social? How do we stand out creatively in a sea of social conversations? How do we measure success?
In the pages of this eBook, we have gathered opinions and insights from todays leading social brand strategists and visionaries that address many of the