Some Common Pest Infestations and How to Control them
Embed Size (px)
Pests are known for the most irritating part of your home. They can decline the actual value of your home and are known to cause numerous diseases. It has been reported that pest infestation is a major problem for many homeowners and business owners.
Transcript of Some Common Pest Infestations and How to Control them
- SOME COMMON PEST INFESTATIONS AND HOW TO CONTROL THEM?
- Pests are known for causing nuisance and havoc around the world. They damage property and belongings and are known to cause a number of diseases. Pest infestation is a major concern of many home owners and business owners. Lets have a look at some of the most common pests we are most affected from.
- ANTS Ants are a common pest problem faced by many. With 88% infesting office buildings, 83% found in restaurants and 82% attacking apartments and single family homes. Carpenter Ants are most common in the North while Argentine Ants found in Southern US and in California.
- GERMAN COCKROACHES German Cockroaches are a major pest problem around the world. These notorious creatures dwell in and around kitchens, food plants, residences, offices, hospitals and other buildings. They are known for carrying various diseases. Studies show that 78 to 98 percent of city homes have cockroach infestation.
- HOUSE FLIES House flies were named so because of their dwellings around most households. They are a very major pest concern for many. House flies are usually found around decaying fruits, vegetable, human and animal feces, grass and dumpsters. They live and feed upon moisture and transmit various diseases.
- HOUSE MOUSE These seemingly friendly rodent pests are considered a major nuisance in most residential and commercial areas. House Mouse is known for damaging property and belongings of many households or office buildings. Their urine is highly contaminated and can cause various diseases; around 80% of American households are contaminated with mouse urine.
- SUBTERRANEAN TERMITE Termites cost millions in damage around the world every year. They are one of the most common pest found in most areas of US except Alaska. The worker termites among these are mainly responsible for extensive wood damage. They are found in and around properties specifically wood doors, frames, windows, floors. Swarmer termites are attracted to light and can be visible. They also shed wings, which is a sign of termite infestation.
- BEDBUGS 99.6% bed bugs infestation is reported to pest control professionals. A common problem; bed bugs are considered most difficult to treat. They are usually found in residential setups, apartments and single family homes. Bedbugs are carried through people, pets and various other things. One bedbug can grow into a huge number in just some days.
- HOW TO CONTROL THEM?
- The easiest and most beneficial of prevention practices is, keeping your vicinity clean. Dont leave any sort of moisture or food decaying in or around your area.
- Make sure all holes, cracks and crevices are covered. Dont even ignore the smallest of holes or cracks as this may provide them access to enter your property and cause havoc.
- Keep an eye on pest activity in and around your property. Droppings, wings, rodent gnawing, chewed food are some of the signs of a possible pest infestation.
- When pest infestation has grown to a large extent it is best to hire a professional pest extermination expert. A professional pest control service provides you with an integrated pest management solution, minimizing the risks and damages.
- THIS PRESENTATION IS CREATED BY B&C PEST CONTROL, AN AFFORDABLE PEST CONTROL SERVICE PROVIDER IN LARGE AREAS OF CENTRAL FLORIDA INCLUDING LAKE MARY, SANFORD, LONGWOOD AND WINTER PARK. FEEL FREE TO CALL US AT 407-330-2644