SoCRA Creativity Presentation
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of SoCRA Creativity Presentation
- 1. Working on Your Creativity Muscle
- How to improve your creativity and become more innovative in your organization.
- Bill Evans
- Bridge Design
- San Francisco
2. 3. 4. 5. Who wants to be more creative? 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. Risk Failure: high, medium or low risk experience? 11. Risk Failure: what you just promised 12. Learn to Draw Representative Realistic 13. Left Brain Logical Sequential Rational Analytical Objective Looks at parts Right Brain Random Intuitive Holistic Synthesizing Subjective Looks at wholes No Brain 14. 15. 16. 17. Learn to draw: and you learn to see things more as they are 18. Do a creative writing class 19. 20. 21. 22. Do a creative writing class: and youll improve the way you observe and understand things as well as the way you try and communicate these things to other people. 23. Do an Improv workshop 24. Its not stand-up comedy 25. 26. Listening is more than simply not talking when the other person is talking: How is what you do next, after they finish talking, influenced by what they just said or have said previously? (exactly like the Story-lineexercise from a minute ago) It looks and feels like ordinary conversation but it isnt 27. Do an Improv workshop: and youll become a better listener (and observer but we didnt get to that exercise today) 28. Play improvised music with other people 29. 30. 31. 32. 33. 34. You got to sing like you don't need the money Love like you'll never get hurt You got to dance like nobody's watchin It's gotta come from the heart if you want it to work. "Come From The Heart" by Susanna Clark & Richard Leigh Play improvised music with other people: ..and learn the power of non-verbal communication in creativity and life 35. Creativity and innovation are risky but potentially rewarding activities that are very paradoxical: You risk rejection to get accepted Youve got to let go to catch something 36. Dont forget the promise you made.
- email me with your experiences and feedback .
- The presentation is on my bloghttp:// www.bridgedesign.com /blog/