Social media marketing, best practices
Embed Size (px)
Designed for Kingston Chamber of Commerce. Event sponsor: VIVA productions.
Transcript of Social media marketing, best practices
- Best practices: Cross-platform social media marketing design + development tips a presentation by Sidneyeve Matrix image: fd
- successful social media marketing requires that we go where the people are... image: child of Atom
- image: Danny Perez Photography and once we're there, we need to share great content that attracts interest in other words, it's about inbound marketing
- and ideally, the ROI will be measurable value added to your bottom lines
- but which bottom lines? it's imperative to define your objectives set criteria by which to measure success of SM efforts image: melissa gray
- because your objectives determine your channels and content strategy image: bluman
- Social media platforms are content aggregators and community networks image: Guillerm
- today I'll present some best practice tips for engaging on these channels, and across them go where the people are. image: rogersmj
- FB business page ranks high on Google (higher than your webpage?) image: Franco Bouly
- are your clients on this site? visitors by age 19% 50+ years 32% 34-49 23% 25-34 27% 24 & under source: comScore 2009
- if so, you should be there too because FB brand affiliates are more likely to buy.
- some keys to a successful FB page image: .krish.Tipirneni.
- image: "iPad Stand" by Veronica Belmont vanity URL 25 likes required http://www.facebook.com/ http://www.facebook.com/PetSmart pages/Wilmington-DE/Trolley- Square-Pet-Store/69131727923 much better! so long!
- FBML customized and optimized landing page oops! 1 problem: no more "Become a Fan" button. We "Like" fresh graphics. example 1 of 2
- mmm fresh custom/optimized landing page example 2
- interactive open wall with regular calls to action
- call to action
- guidelines for participation part of your crisis communication strategy for example image: Angelina :)
- think cross platform once you have a Facebook page you can drive Likes if you add LIKE box to your website/blog
- some best practices image: priscila_tonon
- customized wallpaper check out the balanced followbacks
- varied & valued tweets: post updates of newsworthy items from your industry, + your original content, + retweet/promote your followers' content image: fdecomite
- image: le vent le cri reciprocity followback and create lists of your VIPs
- active & continuous network development weekly tasks: add new tweeps to your lists and networks & unfollow dormant, irrelevant, or nonreciprocal tweeters
- to raise clients' satisfaction index, provide consistent engaged interaction ask for input & add value image: dotbenjamin
- example of asking for input: polling slide 1 of 3 Why do you read WWE Magazine?
- results: wow 4+ votes per minute!
- example of adding value: digital coupon slide 1 of 2
- here's the digital coupon from Twitter well, not *entirely* digital, redemption requires print
- example of adding value: mobile coupon slide 1 of 3
- (think cross platform) tweeted link points to Facebook page with QR code
- scanning QR code opens smartphone coupon image: vfowler
- company listing delivers Increased visibility for your company, products and services & opportunity to promote events image: Josh Bancroft
- business profile
- telework Establish your expertise by responding to discussion questions Network with potential and current business partners and clients Recruit talent image Leonard John Matthews
- (think cross platform) widgetize your personal profile add LinkedIn tab to Facebook profile & add LinkedIn URL to eMail signature
- video marketing shooting for virality image: brittney bush
- image: Laura Mary Don't make a ad. Tell a story.
- A short story. atomize your content 30-60-90 seconds image: B_Zedan
- types of videos how-to tutorials product reviews behind the scenes, making-of facility tour interviews (staff/client testimonial) video news release promotional event
- optimizing video for social sharing & search keyword tags & titles embeddable post x-platform branded linked invite feedback image: jaygoldman
- local advertising word of mouth, amplified. image: Mario Sixtus
- image: wEnDaLicious join the conversation happening online today about your business
- need some in your pocket? think: social + mobile
- image: nan palmero become georelevant.
- (cross platform) each venue user checks into with Foursquare is pushed to friends on multiple social networks
- that's a lot of earned media/word of mouth P2P promotion nice work @tifffanyandco! cross platform Foursquare + Facebook
- image: fazen best practices in social media marketing stretch your content & networks cross-platform multiplying the touchpoints.
- Questions? hope you get in touch. @sidneyeve about the author SidneyeveMatrix,PhD. Queen'sNationalScholar,Film&Media@Queen'sUniversity Online:MatrixMediaFX.com+SidneyeveMatrix.com ThankyoutoAlexandraMacgregorfor researchanddesignassistance. Contentsofthispresentationincluding imageshaveCreativeCommonsAttribution NoncommercialShareAlike3.0Licenses. social media design + build