Embed Size (px)
Search Engine Optimization, also referred as SEO, Website Promotion, Internet Marketing, Web Marketing is the process of making your website or webpage to rank high in search engines.
Transcript of Seo Guide
- Your Guide to the world of Search Engine Optimization Copyright 2008 TisIndia.com
- -2- About Us Tis India is a Delhi-based IT firm delivering high quality, cost effective, reliable result- oriented web and e-commerce solutions on time for a global clientele. Professionalism, Skill and Expertise are the tools we use to make the web work for your business bringing in maximum return on your investment in shortest possible time. We have delivered on IT projects of varying complexities for our very demanding and Internet savvy clients spread across the globe. We develop unique web solutions which ensure increased efficiency and competitive advantage for your business and thus to your end users. We specialize in web design & development, search engine optimization and web marketing, eCommerce, multimedia solutions, content writing, graphic and logo design. We build web solutions, which evolve with the changing needs of your business. We have a highly capable team of web consultants, creative designers, content writers, programmers and web marketing professionals who know how to deliver results. We treat each of our clients individually and therefore we do not offer set prices on any service. While we have competency and skills at par with the best in the world, following four are the core highlights of TisIndia, which constitutes TisIndia Advantage. Disclaimer: To the best of our knowledge all the info in this ebook is correct. We strive for accuracy, but cannot be held responsible for any errors that may occur. We do NOT take any responsibility for anything outside of this ebook. If you visit, use or otherwise engage in any program, website, software or other that is linked through this ebook you are doing so at your own risk. TisIndia has no control or ownership over any programs, websites or software listed in this ebook and therefore TisIndia.com will not be held liable for their performances. Copyright 2008 TisIndia.com
- -3- TABLE OF CONTENTS 1) Introduction 4 2) SEO Friendly Design 5 3) Benefits of Article Submission 9 4) How to Write a Press Release 11 5) Basis SEO Techniques 13 6) Search Engine Optimization Tips 14 7) Social Media Optimization 16 8) Link Bait 18 9) Vertical search Marketing 19 10) 11 ways to make your website SEO friendly 20 11) Keyword Research Analysis Tips 22 12) Recommended SEO Tools 24 13) PPC Advertising Tips 26 14) Effective Pay Per Click (PPC) Advertising 28 15) Fake Page Rank 30 Conclusion Further Readings Copyright 2008 TisIndia.com
- -4- 1) Introduction Search Engine Optimization, also referred as SEO, Website Promotion, Internet Marketing, Web Marketing is the process of making your website or webpage to rank high in search engines. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is marketing by appealing to machine algorithms to increase search engine relevance and ultimately web traffic which results in more leads and sales and a global reach. SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. Search Engine Optimization is an ongoing process of getting high placement in search engines at search phrases, relevant to the web contents. SEO or Search Engine Optimization strategy is implemented step by step and is constantly monitored and revised in response to the fast changing and ever evolving web technologies and applications. Basic of Search Engine Optimization: How Increase Site PR? To know the way of how to increase site PR firstly we should know what is PR. Google PR is the way of shows the importance of web page. No anybody can give guarantee that he can give high PR within one day or one week. Obtaining high PR is an ongoing process, which is going step by step. If you are looking for to got high PR then you should consider on these following things: Web Design & Content Meta Tags Link Popularity Search Directory Submission Article Submission Web Design & Content: Search engine friendly web design and content are the primary needs of effective Search Engine Optimization. You should avoid more programming at your web page. Web contents must be related to the site contents. It should be good without spelling mistakes and users interest. Meta Tags: Meta tags are the important factor of on page optimization. The major Meta tags used in web promotion are Title, Description, Keywords and alt. Title should be including your main keywords. It should be related to your page contents. Copyright 2008 TisIndia.com
- -6- In our work, we have found an unusually high amount of unnecessary code though, and I guarantee that if you think your web pages do not have unnecessary code in them, youre probably lying to yourself. This is largely due to the high number of websites built in Macromedia Dreamweaver and Adobe GoLive. These programs are notorious for inserting massive amounts of unnecessary code, making your web pages look much cluttered to search engine spiders. A good idea is to have one of our SEO experts examine your web pages for unnecessary code and make recommendations. They are among the best in the business. Youd be truly amazed at the impact it has on your site load time as well as your search engine rankings. Lastly, try to avoid using too many tables on a web page, as overuse of tables is not good for seo purposes. A great alternative for using tables that web designers rarely consider is the use of div tags. All too often must I tell someone that their website must be re-created from scratch during a consultation because it was not designed with search engine optimization in mind to be performed upon the websites completion? I have written this article in an effort to help web designers create websites that are not only search engine friendly, but that which makes it possible for a search engine optimization team to promote a web site that he or she has created upon its completion. This is by no means an exhaustive list of criteria, but rather a set of guidelines to follow when performing the initial development of a site. Beware of issues with FLASH and SEO Do not uses flash unless the designer is capable of producing a site that pulls the content in via XML. Search engine robots are able to index XML content, however getting the robot to associate that XML content with the flash file that is using it is a bit tricky and most designers that learned the old school way of building a flash site are not aware of such modern techniques in Flash. The other option is to build two versions of the site, one in flash and one that is HTML, however this is not very cost-effective and if the search engines are driving traffic to the HTML site, more than half of the sites visitors will never even see the Flash version. A good Flash designer should also be able to tell the difference Copyright 2008