Embed Size (px)
My trip project
Transcript of Sea traveling
- 1. Where would you want to travel?
- My two countries that I would like going to are....
- Brunei (Why?)
- finest museums
- a great scenery
- different, new and unusual. (Mosques)
- Experienced this great opportunity myself, and was able to meet AMAZING people there.
- 2. Where to go? What to do?
- Brunei- The Bandar Seri Begawan
- temples where Muslims go to
- I will take a taxi from the airport, to the temples approx. 20 minute drive. (Hotel)
- Second tour-
- Kompong Ayer - several miles along the riverside- Considered the water village. - Resembles traditional Brunei's lifestyles.
- -Also a festival I will be attending is the Anniversary of Revelation of The Koran .
- - celebrates of how Muslim was introduced to Brunei and the peace of it. Held August 27 th .
- Currency rate: $1 American- 1.29028- Bruneian
- 3. Continued..
- Festivals attending - the Phichit Boat Races (Held in Phuket, September 6th- 7 th ).
- Group of people (tourist and Thai)
- Huge boats- Begins at the Nan river , to the end of the Phichit province.
- End of race- spiritual ceremony will occur to give blessings to the Buddha, and mingle with others.
- *extra time , I will scuba dive. Islands of Ko Tao, Similan, and Surin islands. Shopping will be involved floating markets and regular markets.
- Currency= 1 American dollar, is 30 Baht
- 4. Hotels!!!
- Brunei- Centre Point Hotel, Bandar Seri Begawan.
- It serves breakfast every morning, Internet access, gym, and best of all air conditioning and a pool. ($92 per night)
- 5. Hotel- Thailand
- In Thailand I am staying at the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18. I will be there Wednesday, September 12 th , and until Sunday, September 23 rd . Approx. 12 Days . They also provide the same as the hotel in Brunei, such as; pools, gyms, Internet access, breakfast every morning, and even wake up calls. (Also $92 per night)
- 6. How to get around?
- From the airport,- a taxi to my hotel
- other tourist, Bus taking us around
- *The bus will take us, to explore the temples, including the Kompong Ayer , markets, shopping places, religious things, and the natural custom the people do here in Brunei.
- Every liter used- $ .38 - 30 liters - per car- used 60 liters = $22.80
- 7. Continued...
- Same Concept, but different places
- Taxi taking me everywhere
- From the airport, to the hotel, all the attractions, markets, temples, ceremonies.
- 8. Do's, Dont s, Safety Issues, Travel Tips
- *Goes for both countries
- Visa- Applied at the Embassy, in New York. Call them ask them for a visa, reason for it.
- In case of emergency call the embassy for help, ( my credit cards, if money was stolen from me ect.)
- -Only drink bottled water, NO tap water because immune system isnt immune to it.
- -Always be cautious- careful where putting stuff
- -Treat people with respect, but not be too nice- MYOB (mind your own business)
- 9. Continued...
- If people are fasting for their religion- dont eat in front of them
- dont have entire skin showing, if they aren't
- dont approach someone you dont, just because you are being nice. Let them approach you first.
- 10. Flights
- First- Madison- Chicago- Approx- 47mins (1 Hour layover)
- Chicago- to Tokyo= 12 hour and 37 minute flight (2 hour)
- Tokyo- Singapore= 7 hour flight ( Stay over night) (9:05 am next flight in the morning)
- Singapore- Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei- (2 hour 10m flight)
- September 8- September 24
- Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei- Bangkok, Thailand (2 hour & 45m Flight)
- Bangkok, Thailand- Tokyo- (6 hour 15m flight)
- Tokyo- Chicago- (11 hour 35m flight)
- Chicago- Madison (45 minute Flight) September 24
- 11. Overall Budget
- Hotels- Brunei- $1,380
- Hotels- Thailand- $1,104
- Flights- 3,628.80
- Spending Money (Brunei)- $900- 1,150 Bruneian
- Spending money (Thailand) $200- 2,000 Baht
- Taxis- Thailand- 300 Baht- $10
- Taxi's- Brunei- 60 liters- $22.80
- Passport- $175
- Visa- $131
- Grand Total!!= $7,551.60
- 12. Bibliography
- https://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll ( Flights )
- ( Currency Rate- Exchange )
- http://www.taxiprices.com/taxi-fares-in-asia/taxi-fares-in-bangkok-thailand.html (Taxis)
- http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5hO7eRAID23632kYUn49usbrLDzbQ (Visas)
- http://travel.state.gov/passport/fees/fees_837.html#adult_ppt (Passport)
- http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=Brunei ( Taxi )