scoil- Web view Rainbow write the words that you know using 3 or 4 different coloured pens or...
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of scoil- Web view Rainbow write the words that you know using 3 or 4 different coloured pens or...
A) Listen to and revise the sounds and at
B) Click on and then on letters s,a, t
Think! What word do you hear when you say the sounds s,a, t slowly together?
· Repeat the sounds together many times and speak faster while you are doing it.
· This is called blending.
You hear the word sat.
· Now think of some sentences using the word sat.
· Maybe you could write a sentence and draw a picture.
· Piece of art
· Picture of animal
· April on calendar
· Go on a hunt around your house and find objects that start with each sound
· If you can’t find them, you can draw them
· If you can find other objects beginning with the sounds that’s great
· Now mix up all the objects and put them into a bag or a box
· Take them out one by one and start making sets of objects that begin with the same sound
· When you are finished, return the objects to the bag
· Close your eyes and pick out an object.
· Try to guess what it is with your eyes closed.
· Make the sets again.
· This time one of you close your eyes while the other swaps some items in the sets.
· Now open your eyes and try to guess which item is in the wrong “sound” set?
· You could also remove an item from some sets and guess what item is missing. What sound does it begin with?
Write some tricky words and tape them onto a variety of toys. Hide the toys around the room and tell your child when they are HOT (getting close to the hidden toy) or COLD (moving further away from the toy). When they find the toy, they tell you what the tricky word is.
Listen to the story and look at the words while you are listening. You will know some of the words . Look out for the words that you know.
· What words did you know in the story?
· Did you see any words hiding in other words?
· Rainbow write the words that you know using 3 or 4 different coloured pens or pencils. Simply hold them all at the same time and write the word, or use them one after the other to trace over the word.
· What sounds did you know in the story?
· Can you write the words with those sounds?