Road Rage Section 15. What is Road Rage? ï¶ Road rage (also road violence) is the informal...
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Road Rage Section 15. What is Road Rage? ï¶ Road rage (also road violence) is the informal...
- Slide 1
- Road Rage Section 15
- Slide 2
- What is Road Rage? Road rage (also road violence) is the informal name for deliberately dangerous and/or violent behavior under the influence of heightened, violent emotion such as anger and frustration, involving an automobile in use.
- Slide 3
- Causes Environmental conditions are the main factors associated with road rage. traffic congestion anothers dangerous driving habits the weather (heat, humidity, etc.) noise levels time constraints.
- Slide 4
- Other Causes Two other causes of road rage, intrusive responses and territorial defensiveness are also closely related.
- Slide 5
- Intrusive responses are actions of retaliation to get back at another for their careless driving.
- Slide 6
- Territorial defensiveness is the act of defending ones personal space (the car) in response to another individuals driving.
- Slide 7
- Road rage is a relatively serious act; it may be seen as a violation of property rights and an endangerment of personal security.
- Slide 8
- Prevent Escalation If you are looking for protection from the road rage of others, your best protection is to: Stay in the car Do not respond with an angry gesture or action Keep a "SORRY" sign in the car and use it when needed
- Slide 9
- Questionnaire For each of the statements, write one of the following that BEST describes YOU. Never Seldom Sometimes Often Always
- Slide 10
- How much do each of these statements describe you? 1)I find myself yelling at other drivers-- whether they can hear me or not. 2)I tailgate other drivers 3)I feel exhausted after driving in traffic. 4)I get angry when other drivers pass me on the interstate highway. 5)I get angered by other drivers if they drive slower than me.
- Slide 11
- How much do each of these statements describe you? 6)How often do you weave in and out of traffic? 7)I honk my horn more than most other drivers. 8)I speed around and pass most other drivers. 9)I slam my brakes often when driving. 10)I get angered by other drivers if they drive faster than me.
- Slide 12
- How much do each of these statements describe you? 11)I find myself wishing to harm other drivers. 12)I feel that I have to "get back" at other drivers for wronging me. 13)I feel that other drivers do not know how to drive well. 14)I do not look forward to driving in traffic.
- Slide 13
- How much do each of these statements describe you? 15)I feel that other drivers are trying to make me mad. 16)I feel that other drivers are following me. 17)I have to be the first one out at the stoplight or I get angry. 18)I cut people off while driving 19)I get into shouting matches with other drivers. 20)I change lanes without using my turn signal.
- Slide 14
- Tally Never 0 Seldom 1 Sometimes 2 Often 3 Always 5 Assign the points as shown for each answer.
- Slide 15
- Results If you have a total score of: 0 to 10, you are a safe driver. 11 to 20, may be in danger of road rage. 21 to 30, you are likely to have road rage. 31 to 40, your making someone very angry every time you drive. 41 to 50, GO, GO Speed racer. 50 and above, It was nice knowing you.