Requirements Of Halal Food Material ¢â‚¬¢ mammalians such as cow, goat,...
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Requirements Of Halal Food Material ¢â‚¬¢ mammalians such as cow, goat,...
REQUIREMENTS OF HALAL FOOD MATERIAL
2. Requirements of Materials for Halal Production
3. Requirements of material supporting document
Halal Certification of MUI a process to get halal
certificate through several stages proof that
- production process,
- halal assurance system
fulfilling the requirements of LPPOM MUI
• Tracing the original source of material by using halal material documents assessment
• Verification/observation during on site audit • Laboratory analysis (if needed)
need guidance LPPOM MUI published HAS 23201 : “Requirements of Halal Food Materials”
How to proof that materials fulfilling criteria?
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS OF MATERIALS
1. Not derived from pork or its derivatives 2. Not contain material derived from pork or
its derivatives. 3. Not a khamr (alcoholic beverage) or khamr
derivatives that are physically separated. 4. Not contain khamr (alcoholic beverage) or
khamr derivatives that are physically separated.
5. Not blood, carrion, and parts of the human body.
6. Not contain blood, carrion, and parts of the human body.
7. Materials is produced in porcine free facilities
8. Not mixed with haram (unlawful) or najis (impure/filth) materials that can be derived from additives, processing aids, and production facilities.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS OF MATERIAL (CONT.)
9. Materials that have possibility to be produced in the same facility with material from pigs or their derivatives must be supported by a pork free facility statement
10. Coding system of materials - source of materials must be traceable - guarantee that material with same code, have same halal status
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS OF MATERIAL (CONT.)
REQUIREMENT FOR ANIMAL DERIVED MATERIAL
1. Halal Species Animal
2. Must be slaughtered according to Islamic Law proven by a halal certificate from MUI or
recognized halal certifier body
1. Do not cause infection and intoxication to humans.
2. Ingredients of growth media additives, and processing aids do not contain materials from pork or its derivatives.
3. The growth media of microbial materials that are obtained without separation from its media, must consist of pure and halal materials.
REQUIREMENTS OF MICROBIAL DERIVED MATERIAL
REQUIREMENTS OF MICROBIAL DERIVED MATERIAL (CONT.)
4. Microbial materials that are obtained by separation from the growth media, if the ingredients of growth media are haram (unlawful) and najis (unclean) as long as not derived from pork and its derivatives, they must be purified according to Islamic rule (tathhir syar'an) in its downstream process
5. Recombinant microbes not contains gen from pigs or humans
• Alcohol/ethanol can be used as processing aids or disinfectant as long as :
- not harmful for human - not produced by khamr industry
• Ethanol level which is allowed : - End consumer products : undetected - Intermediate products : < 1 %
REQUIREMENT OF ALCOHOL/ETHANOL
• By products of khamr industry or its derivatives in liquid form that are physically separated from khamr cannot be used.
• By products of khamr industry or its derivatives that are in solid form like brewer yeast, can be used after washed until there is no anymore smell, taste and odor of khamr
• By product of khamr industry or its derivative can be used if it has been reacted further to produce new compounds through chemical or biotransformation reactions (using enzymes or microbes).
REQUIREMENTS OF KHAMR BY- PRODUCTS
SOURCE OF FUSEL OIL
Alcoholic Non distilled alcoholic drinks drinks process process
Fusel oil as by product (containing : ethanol, butanol, isoamyl alcohol,
water and secondary alcohol)
FUSEL OIL DERIVATIVES
Isoamyl alcohol Isovaleric acid oxidation
reacted with acid
Isoamyl acetate Ethyl iso-valerate Isoamyl butyrate Amyl iso-valerate etc… etc…
Reacted with alcohol
3. REQUIREMENTS OF MATERIALS SUPPORTING DOCUMENT
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS OF DOCUMENT
1. Halal certificate
- MUI or certifier approved by MUI
- still valid
2. Flow process chart, technical specification, Certificate of Analysis (CoA) and statement of pork free facility issued by the manufacturer, not by suppliers/distributor.
3. Document of laboratory analysis if required.
GENERAL REQUIREMENT OF DOCUMENT (CONT.)
4. Flow process chart explain detailed process and mention all of material(s) used (raw materials, additives, and processing aid) which are clearly halal.
5. Technical specification inform description of products or process or original sources on each materials that are clearly halal.
6. If flow process chart or technical specification need supporting document which explain material used, so the connectivity among the documents must be clear through the statement from the manufacturer of related material
1. Info the source of enzyme from the manufacturer of the enzyme
2. statement from the producer of maltodextrin about the consistency of using the enzyme
REQUIREMENTS OF MATERIAL DOCUMENTS BASED ON TYPE OF MATERIAL
Materials that must be supported by
• Materials derived from animal that must be slaughtered
• Material which is difficult to trace its halal status or material contain materials which is difficult to trace
• Material which the manufacturer could not provide the information of its ingredients , such as flavor
MATERIALS THAT MUST BE SUPPORTED BY HALAL CERTIFICATE (CONT.)
• Material which contains complex materials, if reviewed from its critical points and complexity of its production process
• Material which after reviewed by LPPOM MUI still could not determined its halal status
MATERIALS WHICH DOES NOT NEED DOCUMENT
• Pure inorganic chemical substance.
• Fresh plant materials and whole dried plant materials
• Pure mining material.
• Fresh milk, egg, and honey
• Fresh and frozen aquatic animal
RAW MATERIAL ORIGIN FOR FOODS, DRUGS, COSMETICS
MISCELANEOUS : (MINERAL, SYNTHETIC, MIXTURE)
Document for Material From Plants :
1. Halal certificate from MUI or halal certifier body approved by MUI for plant materials which : a. using additives/processing aids derived
from animal / animal derivatives b. containing complex ingredients which its
sources are difficult to be traced.
2. Flow diagram of production process.
3. Laboratory analysis (if needed)
Source of enzym?
Source of discoloring agent?
Porcine free resin?
Requirement of halal logo
Should be checked on packaging label
Document Document for for Materials From AnimalMaterials From Animal 1. Halal certificate from MUI or halal certifier approved by MUI
for materials as follows : • mammalians such as cow, goat, sheep and poultry such as
duck, chicken • complex materials such as fish processed products which
contain critical materials such as flavor, MSG etc • dairy products which have possibility to contain/use
processing aids from animal /its derivatives e.g cheese, whey and lactose
2. Flow diagram for materials which not contained animal derived additives/processing aids.
3. Laboratory analysis (if needed)
Possibility of using animal derived material
Need a Halal Certificate
Document of Materials Document of Materials from Microbial Processfrom Microbial Process
1. Halal Certificate For microbial products which have possibility to use media from animal /animal derivatives.
2. Flow Diagram which states the composition of media Refreshing media, inoculums development media, production media , processing aids including its sources and purification methods.
3. Laboratory Analysis (if needed).
Document Miscellaneous Material • Mineral Material Information of source of materials
• Synthetic if contain animal materials halal certificate.
• Seasoning • halal certificate if contain animal materials • flow diagram is accepted if the source of ingredients are
pure plant such as garlic powder.
• Vitamin Halal certificate if contain animal derivatives / microbial materials.
Using Porcine Gelatine
Materials knowledge on halal (food) ingredients is an important point to support scientific judgment step on halal certification