[Report] Is BJP Losing The Game Against AAP on Social Media?
Click here to load reader
Embed Size (px)
India has witnessed a revolution in political campaigning owing to the upsurge of Social Media wave across the country. Keeping in mind how crucial social media is for the 2014 General Elections, the tech savvy BJP, was all set to cash in on the Social Media Game. However, the unexpected new entrant, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) is riding the online wave after it gained huge support and share of voice post the Delhi elections.
Transcript of [Report] Is BJP Losing The Game Against AAP on Social Media?
- AAP vs BJP IS BJP LOSING THE GAME AGAINST AAP ON SOCIAL MEDIA?
- INTRODUCTION India has witnessed a revolution in political campaigning owing to the upsurge of Social Media wave across the country. Keeping in mind how crucial social media is for the 2014 General Elections, the tech savvy BJP, was all set to cash in on the Social Media Game. However, the Unexpected Newest Entrant, the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) is riding the online wave. Is BJP Losing the Social Media Plot Against Aam Admi Party? Lets take a look in this report. INTRODUCTION
- AAP was the most mentioned political party on Social Media this Week Aam Aadmi Party also led the race to amass Twitter Followers. AAP has been Tweeting more Frequently and Regularly as compared to BJP. Aam Aadmi Party has received mediocre attention on Facebook. BJP has more Facebook Engagement scores, AAP is catching up. BJPs YouTube engagement rates are much higher than its counter parts. KEY FINDINGS IN THIS REPORT
- THE AAM AADMI PARTY (AAP) The newest entrant in the Indian Political scenario, the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has left noticeable impressions on the Indian fabric with its remarkable political debut under the leadership of Arvind Kejriwal. The Aam Aadmi Party has a very robust and active social media presence. In this report, we will analyze their Social Media presence with the help on an analytics tool, Konnect Social.
- With more than 1.6 Million fans and about 21k supporters actively engaged with the Party, the Facebook page of AAP looks solid. The Party has been using Facebook as a channel to spread the word about their upcoming events, creating awareness amongst voters, collecting donations, making important announcements such as publishing a list of their election candidates, etc. Despite being at the centre of the Gujarat Rally Controversies, the partys Fan base is growing massively AAP ON FACEBOOK Facebook Fans 1678064 Engagement 21443 % of Fans Engaged 2.41
- AAP ON FACEBOOK
- With a total Fan base of more than 549469 followers, AAP is all ready to set its foot firmly in this elections season. They are very active in Tweeting or interacting with their Fans through Retweets. They party creates various Hashtags like #AKasksModi #AKinGujarat #AKStormsGujarat to cover the entire Gujarat Rally episode. Followers too have created a good deal of content for AAP and have used these hashtags in their tweets along with the mention. AAM AADMI PARTY ON TWITTER Twitter Followers 549469 Twitter Mentions 481 Twitter Engagement 20055 % of Fans engaged 32.82
- AAM AADMI PARTY ON TWITTER
- AAP has been using YouTube for the last 3 years. The party has uploaded umpteen number of videos that present Arvind Kejariwals Political Speeches, Election Rallies, Media Interviews, Official Party Statements, Survey Findings, etc. By this means, the newest entrant has received more than 41.5 Lakh video views by now on its YouTube channel. Today, it is evident that traditional TV watching among youngsters have gone down, internet video viewing has been on the rise. AAPs strong YouTube presence will definitely help them to make their mark in the online space. AAM AADMI PARTY ON YOUTUBE YouTube Subscribers 40146 YouTube Engagement 18758 Video views 4,157,332
- AAM AADMI PARTY ON YOUTUBE
- There is a growth in the negative sentiments prevailing around Aam Aadmi Party on Social Media AAP - MEDIA MENTIONS AND SENTIMENT ANALYSIS
- A deeper look at why and where the party was being mentioned in the online media throws up scores of online articles and Tweets around AAPs recent conflict with the BJP workers in Gujarat. AAP - MEDIA MENTIONS AND SENTIMENT ANALYSIS
- WHAT TRIGGERED ONLINE NEGATIVE SENTIMENTS IN THIS TIME FRAME? People Tweeted how AAP supporters had clashes with BJP campaigners hours after Arvind Kejriwal was held in Gujarat where he had gone on a four-day visit to scrutinize the growth that has been claimed Modi. There were media mentions about an FIR being lodged against the AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal for allegedly violating the Model Code of Conduct in Kutch. Twitteratti also talked about the arrest of Ashutosh and Shazia Ilmi as well as 14 AAP workers who were charged of rioting, damaging public property. At the same time, Reliance Infrastructure Limited (R-Infra) filed a Rs.100-crore defamation suit against the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) allegations made by the party against the company were false and defamatory in nature. All these Factors have backed the creation of online negative sentiments surrounding the party during the time of research
- The Bharatiya Janata Party the one of the most prominent political parties in India, has always pioneered the use of internet and technology in communicating and engaging with the masses specially the youth in India. Right from having, an interactive website, to a dedicated volunteers dashboard, mobile apps, extracting the most out of Google Hangouts, Facebook Page, Twitter handle, YouTube Page, Whatsapp they have not missed a single trick from the book to make sure that they connect with the masses at multiple touch points with a unified tone of messaging and engagement. BJP has a very strong and active presence on major social media networks i.e. Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. THE BHARATIYA JANATA PARTY (BJP)
- Facebook Fans 2575732 Facebook Engagement 160995 % of Fans Engaged 4.94 BJP ON FACEBOOK
- BJP ON FACEBOOK With more than 25,75,732 Fans and around 1,60,995 active participants, BJP has a very Strong presence on Facebook. BJPs Fan base is almost double the size of Aam Aadmi Partys Facebook community. A mere quick look on to the fan page reveals how powerfully BJP has portrayed its brand identity on Facebook, and how effectively it is engaging its fans. The party uses Facebook to create awareness about partys latest programs, campaigns and to hold the attention of young voters in various initiatives. They also try to integrate and promote their offline campaigns in the Online Media
- BJP ON FACEBOOK
- BJP ON FACEBOOK
- BJP ON TWITTER With more than 382k followers on Twitter, BJPs Twitter handle is abuzz with live event updates, campaign hashtags, retweets from senior party leaders and awareness drives. The party has made good use of Twitter hashtags to keep their followers engaged. It trends on twitter almost every single day with either BJP or #NaMo4PM, #NaMo, #NaMoinHP or NaMo in a particular City. However, the follower base as well as engagement levels of @BJP4India on twitter is lower as compared to Aam Aadmi Party. Twitter Followers 382419 Twitter Mentions 481 Twitter Engagement 21835 % of Fans engaged 21.38
- BJP ON TWITTER
- The BJP has done a better job on YouTube than other political parties. The YouTube channel for the party, started in 2010 houses a collection of 5000+ videos. BJP has also launched YUVA, an internet TV channel for the Indian youth. BJP tries to engage the Indian youth on various political, health, economics, current affairs & cultural issues and most importantly the voice of Young India on this channel . Apart from these programs, the party has live webcasts of its rallies and other events on Yuva TV. BJP ON YOUTUBE YouTube Subscribers 44808 YouTube Engagement 71644 Video Views 6,223,223
- BJP has also used YouTube features such as annotations, featured playlist, Tags, Descriptions, Titles and Captions in an effective manner. Great Content and an optimized channel are helping them drive a lot of traffic to their YouTube channel. BJP ON YOUTUBE
- The mentions for the party have a neutral, negative as well as positive sentiment. BJP - MEDIA MENTIONS AND SENTIMENT ANALYSIS
- A purported tweet against Narendra Modi attributed to BJP leader Sushma Swaraj has resulted in the party boycotting all panel discussions on NDTV and its BJP supporters accusing the channel of attempting to create a split in the party through false news. They party received Massive support on Social Media after the boycott Narendra Modi also welcomed the 100 million new voters and sought blessings from people of India, which contributed to the increase in positive sentiments this week. BJP - MEDIA MENTIONS AND SENTIMENT ANALYSIS
- COMPARISON AAP VS BJP ON SOCIAL MEDIA AAP vs BJP
- The Indian National Congress leads the engagement