Recruiting or retaining ppt
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Recruiting or retaining ppt
- 1. RECRUITING OR RETAINING Which is more important? MANASHA M MANASHA N NAVAMI RADHIKA M VAISHANAVI PISE PINKEY GUPTA
- 2. Employee Retention Employee retention refers to the ability of an organization to retain its employees. Employee retention can be represented by a simple statistic. for example, a retention rate of 80% usually indicates that an organization kept 80% of its employees in a given period.
- 3. Importance of Retaining.
- 4. Employee Recruitment The process of finding and hiring the best-qualified candidate for a job opening, in a timely and cost effective manner. The recruitment process includes - 1. analyzing the requirements of a job, 2. attracting employees to job 3. screening and selecting applicants 4. hiring, and integrating the new employee to the organization.
- 5. 1.In efficiencies: Some recruitment spend time using search and recruiting tools that do not lead to better quality candidates. 2. Internal: Narrow Ideas: Companies that use internal- only recruitment restrict potentially better- qualified candidates from outside the company. 3. External: Time and Expense: To recruit externally, you have to invest money in marketing and advertising for the position.
- 6. Introduction of the case Mr. Sasidhar was recruited in Uptron Electronics ltd, which is considered to be one of the reputed company with attractive salaries, perks etc. After certain time in job, Mr. Sasidhar hear rumors about employee retention at higher level. Ignoring all rumors, he give his full dedication to his job.
- 7. Superior started droning rough-shod with over- loaded multifarious jobs along with cut down in decision making and ill treated by seniors in front of juniors. After this the colleagues and juniors also started assigning their responsibilities to Mr. Sasidhar. Due to all work load and ill treatment , his family, social and organizational life got imbalanced. He resigned his job with one month cheque to the G.M. which surprised the administration. The administration tried to retain him but failed to do so.
- 8. Questions What prevented the G.M. from appointing a committee? The fear of facing their own flaws Company reputation will go down He did not want to lose the employees who were behind this resignation. As they must had been working in the organisation for past many year
- 9. What is wrong with the recruitment of the company? Offering high salaries with perks. Easily accepting the employees demand, initially, in recruitment process. So as to attract the more no. of candidates to enhance the reputation of the company. They should have provided an orientation period before recruiting the employee. Personality test could have been conducted to know the ability of the employee to adjust with the work Employees expectations from the organisation should have been consideration.
- 10. Why did Mr. Sasidhars resignation surprised the G.M.? Because he was the dedicated employee Despite imbalances in his family ,social and organizational life , he seemed to be calm and contented. He never used to say NO to any official work assigned to him by his seniors and colleagues. Company policy states that employee serve a notice period before resigning. But Sasidhar directly came up with resignation foregoing his one month salary which surprised G.M.
- 11. Conclusion. Finally we can say that retaining is much more important than recruiting. What's the use and benefits of recruiting quality employees if they can't be retained by the organisation in the proper manner. The purpose of recruitment is fulfilled. When the employees selected from a part of qualified applicants are retained in the company by keeping them satisfied in all aspects. They must be provided with better working conditions, better pay scales, incentives, recognition, promotion, bonus, flexible working hours etc. They should treat the employees as co- owners and partners of the company.