Recipe for Recruiting Success: Serve Up a Compelling Employment Brand with Glassdoor, Jobvite and...
Embed Size (px)
Learn more about building your employer brand in this webinar with Glassdoor, Jobvite and Financial Engines!
Transcript of Recipe for Recruiting Success: Serve Up a Compelling Employment Brand with Glassdoor, Jobvite and...
- Recipe for Recruiting Success: Serve Up a Compelling Employment Brand Marie Norman Director, Talent Acquisition July 31, 2014 11am PT / 2pm ET
- Webinar Tips for Attendees You can connect to audio using your computers microphone and speakers. Or, you may select Use Telephone after joining the Webinar. All lines will be muted to avoid background noise. You can ask questions at any time by typing them into the Questions Pane. Information provided in this presentation is general in nature, is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as investment advice. Views and opinions of the speaker are expressed as of the date of the recording, and do not necessarily represent the views of Financial Engines. Any such views are subject to change at any time based on market or other conditions. Financial Engines disclaims any liability for any direct or incidental loss incurred by applying any of the information in this presentation. Consult your tax or financial advisor for information concerning your specific situation.
- Agenda Why Employment Brand Matters Differentiate yourself Who is your audience Know what others are saying Define and work towards your objective Where Do We Go From Here? Create agent/ambassador culture Be mobile friendly Drive employee reviews - Social media sites (LinkedIn, Twitter, Glassdoor) Stay connected and network Establishing Your Brand Build story Key partnerships Tools & resources
- About Jobvite Because recruiting is all we do, Jobvite uniquely understand the demands of your role and developed a solution to increase overall effectiveness. Viral. Collaborative. Intelligence.Social. 40M Jobseekers / 250K+ Jobs Source: Jobvite, 2014
- About Glassdoor 6Mcontent 300Kcompanies 15Mjobs 190countries Most trusted and transparent place for todays candidates to search for jobs and research companies 23Mmembers Member growth over 5 yrs 48% of job seekers use Glassdoor (Source: Software Advice, Jan 2014)
- About Founded in 1996 by a Nobel Prize-winning economist Personalized, independent investment management and advice through the workplace using proprietary, scalable technology Offered to 9.1 million participants Serves 149 of FORTUNE 500 companies Manages 778,000 accounts worth $92 billion Half of members have balances less than $54,000 Source: Financial Engines Data Warehouse as of March 31, 2014
- Why Employment Brand Matters What is an Employer Brand? A set of expectations, memories, stories and relationships that, taken together, account for a consumers decision to choose one product or service over another Name, term, design, symbol, or any other feature that identifies one product from others To impress indelibly
- Who is Your Audience? CANDIDATE OPINIONS CORPORATE BRAND CULTURE EMPLOYEE OPINIONS
- Know What People Are Saying of job seekers say that employee ratings and reviews are influential when deciding where to work of job seekers are more likely to visit a companys career site after they view its profile and read employee reviews of job candidates read online reviews before forming an opinion about a company over Glassdoor Site Survey , Oct 2013 .
- Engaging Your Employees 14% - Feedback & Reviews 52% - Family & Friends 5% - Company Website 2% - Recruiter (Harris Interactive, Jan 2012, survey commissioned by Glassdoor) .
- Define & Work Towards Objective Attract, engage, and retain talented candidates and employees Sends the right message to the right candidate at the right time! Build a relationship and establish a connection Project a positive image of your organization as a great place to work Foster employee commitment and understand company value proposition and goals
- Establishing Your Brand Build Your Story What are key points to convey to your audience? What do you want them to remember? 1 Customize Highlight milestones, accomplishments, unique attributes, etc. Be transparent with pros and cons. 2 Tell It Identify & leverage different communication channels. Keep tone simple & memorable. 3
- Key Partnerships
- Story Development (Tools & Resources)
- Where Do We Go From Here? Contests Incentives Gamify Create excitement and involvement
- Create Brand Agent Culture Identify and nurture relationships with internal & external followers committed to the brand. Incent, reward and acknowledge brand agents. Solicit and collect feedback on what others think about your brand. Generate action plans. Promote culture to new followers (new hires, customers, vendors, community groups, etc.).
- Mobile Recruiting Friendly Why Do It? said they will use mobile devices to search for jobs at least once a week of career sites do not support a mobile option to apply for a job of employees who planned to look for new jobs in the next 12 months cited their mobile devices as critical job-search tools Glassdoor and iMomentus Survey 2014
- Drive Employee Reviews Leverage Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Glassdoor) to introduce and promote your brand to passive & active jobseekers. Encourage employees and candidates to submit reviews on , like you on , tweet or favorite you on .
- Stay Connected & Network Build talent community groups Make sure they know the elevator pitch (story) Keep in touch with candidates (coffee mtgs, blog updates, mixers, etc.) Promote stories of your company & employees Foster, reward & recognize ambassadors & agents 1 2 3 4 5
- Wrap Up