Random Dalton’s Law Ideal Gas Combined Relationship 50 40 30 20 10 20 30 40 50 10 20 30 40 50 10...
of 27 /27
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Random Dalton’s Law Ideal Gas Combined Relationship 50 40 30 20 10 20 30 40 50 10 20 30 40 50 10...
- Slide 1
- Slide 2
- Random Daltons Law Ideal Gas Combined Relationship 50 40 30 20 10 20 30 40 50 10 20 30 40 50 10 20 30 40 50 10 20 30 40 50
- Slide 3
- Is the relationship between temperature and pressure direct or inverse? Relationship 10 Points Direct
- Slide 4
- If the volume of a gas increases, what will happen to the pressure? Relationship 20 Points The pressure will decrease.
- Slide 5
- As the temperature decreases, the pressure will ? Relationship 30 Points Decrease
- Slide 6
- A balloon is placed into a freezer at a much colder temperature than the balloon, what will happen to the volume of the balloon? Relationship 40 Points It will decrease.
- Slide 7
- Under constant volume and pressure, what will happen to the temperature inside a container if more gas is added to it? Relationship 50 Points The temperature will decrease.
- Slide 8
- If I have 5.6 liters of gas in a piston at a pressure of 1.5 atm and compress the gas until its volume is 4.8 L, what will the new pressure inside the piston be? Combined 10 Points 1.75atm
- Slide 9
- At 189 K, a sample of gas has a volume of 32.0 cm 3. What volume does the gas occupy at 242 K? Combined 20 Points 25.0cm 3
- Slide 10
- A cylinder of gas has a pressure of 4.40 atm at 25C. At what temperature, in C, will it reach a pressure of 6.50 atm? [remember to convert to K first then back to C!] Combined 30 Points 167 C
- Slide 11
- The sample now has a volume of 392mL at a pressure of 0.987 atm and a temperature of 21C. What was the original temperature (in C) of the gas, if the volume was 379 mL and the pressure was 0.992 atm? Combined 40 Points 12.7 C
- Slide 12
- A piston containing argon gas, o originally in a volume of 3.50 L at 650. mmHg and 75C is heated to 358C and a pressure of 875 mmHg. What is the change in the volume of the piston? Combined 50 Points 4.79 L
- Slide 13
- Oxygen gas is collected at a pressure of 123 kPa in a container which has a volume of 10.0 L. What temperature must be maintained on 0.500 moles of this gas? Express the temperature in degrees Celsius. Ideal Gas 10 Points 23C
- Slide 14
- How many moles of chlorine gas would occupy a volume of 35.5 L at a pressure of 100.0 kPa and a temperature of 100. C? Ideal Gas 20 Points 1.15mol
- Slide 15
- What is the volume of a balloon if it contains 3.2 moles of helium at a temperature of 20.0 C and 2.0atm? Ideal Gas 30 Points 38.5L
- Slide 16
- What pressure in atmospheres would be required to contain 100.0 g of SO 2 gas in a 25.0 L container at a temperature of 100. C? Ideal Gas 40 Points 1.91atm
- Slide 17
- What mass of nitrous oxide gas (N 2 O) is contained in 20.0 L balloon at a pressure of 110.0 kPa and a temperature of 25 C? Ideal Gas 50 Points 39.1g N 2 O
- Slide 18
- If the partial pressures of the three gases in a tank are 35 atm of O 2, 15 atm of N 2, and 25 atm of He, what is the total pressure inside of the tank? Dalton's Law 10 Points 75atm
- Slide 19
- If the total air pressure is 0.99atm, the partial pressure of carbon dioxide is 0.17atm, and the partial pressure of hydrogen sulfide is 0.12atm, what is the partial pressure of the remaining air? Dalton's Law 20 Points 0.70atm
- Slide 20
- Whats the partial pressure of carbon dioxide in a container that holds 7mol of carbon dioxide, 4mol of nitrogen, and 8mol of oxygen and has a total pressure of 3.14atm? Dalton's Law 30 Points 1.16atm
- Slide 21
- If I place 3mol N 2 and 4mol O 2 in a 35L container at a temperature of 25 C, what will the pressure of the mixture of gases be in atm? Dalton's Law 40 Points 4.88atm
- Slide 22
- Two flasks are connected with a stopcock. The first flask has a volume of 7L and contains N 2 at a pressure of 1.75atm. The second flask has a volume of 9L and contains O 2 at a pressure of 2.35atm. When the stopcock between the flasks is opened and the gases are free to mix, what will the pressure be in the mixture? Dalton's Law 50 Points 2.09atm
- Slide 23
- What do you do with a dead chemist? Random 10 Points Barium
- Slide 24
- If a gas sample has 32% oxygen at a total pressure of 1.02atm, what is the partial pressure of oxygen? Random 20 Points.326atm
- Slide 25
- Name one device that was discussed in class that can be used to measure pressure. Random 30 Points Barometer or Monometer
- Slide 26
- What is assumed to be constant in the combined gas law? Random 40 Points The number of moles of gas.
- Slide 27
- What interaction is the cause for the pressure of a gas? Random 50 Points The collisions between the gas particles and the sides of the container.