Psd photoshop vol.3 no. 11
Embed Size (px)
dele un linke a esta dirección para mi niña que va a cumplir un año http://goo.gl/Bh0oNA
Transcript of Psd photoshop vol.3 no. 11
- .PSD PHOTOSHOP VOL.3 NO.11 ISSUE 11/2010/(23) SECRETS OF PHOTO RETOUCH by Ylenia Peronti, Tina Foster and Soffa Gsladttir PHOTO RETOUCH. BECOME A MASTER
- 2 .psd 10/2010 | www.psdmag.org/en While youre geting ready for your winter holidays, we encourage you to nd some time to release the creative juices. This month we focused on photo retouch: Tina Foster shares with you her experience in this area, Ylenia Peronti teaches how to make a beauty retouch and Soffa Gsladttir how to make a landscape even more beautiful. But of course, its not all! Benot Ladouceur decided to show you some matte painting and Natalia Voloshyn & Benjamin Delacour want to give you some inspiration by their photomanipulation tutorials: Dark Thoughts and Creating a Cyborg. You can also dicover the Vanishing Point lter, see some works of Narendra Keshkar and...just check whats more in our December issue! Magdalena Mojska Editor in Chief firstname.lastname@example.org
- Creating a Cyborg 4 Benjamin Delacour Narendra Keshkar 14 The Renery 16 Benot Ladouceur My experience with retouching 24 Tina Foster Beautiful Landscape 26 Soffa Gsladttir Beauty retouched 32 Ylenia Peronti Vanishing Point 36 Tomasz Lisikiewicz Dark Thoughts 42 Natalia Voloshyn Creating a Dreamy Flying Land 46 Narendra Keshkar 3 .psd 11/2010 | www.psdmag.org/en
- 4 .psd 11/2010 | www.psdmag.org/en Photoshop CS4 | avanced | 90 min
- CREATING A Benjamin Delacour Im a graphic designer with over 10 years experience. Passionate of graphics design and picture alteration (retouch), I work today as a freelance designer for widely renowned organizations. My spare time is devoted to Photoshop, one of my favorite tools by far! 1 1: THE BASE After selecting the photo you want to transform into a cyborg, start with opening a new document with fol- lowing parameters: 30 cm wide by 40 cm high at 300 pixels and RGB. Copy your photo into this new docu- ment, and position it in the center. 5 .psd 11/2010 | www.psdmag.org/en
- CREATING A CYBORG .psd 11/2010 | www.psdmag.org/en6 2 3 2: ADJUST THE FORMAT In my case, picture lacked fur on both sides, so I duplicated and enlarged it to have more of it on both sides. Then with a Mask I removed the inside of the mask to leave the base image undistorted. You may have to adjust the brightness with Curves to match the two layers. I blurred the layer with the new fur to give it a volume as if it were more of it in the front. 3: MAKE-UP To give cheeks more volume we will have to add a little white to them. To do that well use large brush and reduced Opacity. Then on the new layer we add little bit of pink on cheeks, also in harsh light. Adjust the layers opacity to complete the cheeks. Choose a light blue and a layer set to Color. Add color over the eyelids to enhance the look. Do the same for the lips and soften the selection with a mask after copying it to a new layer. Use the Plastic wrap lter and select the layer mode to Hard light. It will give more contrast and there will be more reections.
- CREATING A CYBORG .psd 11/2010 | www.psdmag.org/en7 4 5 4: THE LOOK With the Pen make a path to select the eye. Copy on a new layer and set its mode to Density, than adjust the opacity to settle the effect. Draw two circles on the iris of the eye. Choose a white brush with a width smaller than the size of the iris. On a new layer with the selected path in the Window tracks options you will nd the option Contour plots uncheck it. Simulate the pressure and accept. You have just created two white circles on the iris. Switch the layer mode to Overlay. I did the same but with black to mark the edge of the iris. 5: SKIN Copy and duplicate layers by moving the new layer icon. Flatten it to get a new working basis. Clean the skin with the Stamp tool and Spot Healing Brush tool. Duplicate this layer and apply the blur lter. With a mask limit its effect to the skin of the face. Keep up the edges. Now you have the original layer and the layer with the smoothen skin. You can use the Spot Healing Brush tool to smooth out some details.
- CREATING A CYBORG .psd 11/2010 | www.psdmag.org/en8 6 7 6: LIGHTS AND COLORS Create a new folder and name it Light. In this folder you can place different layers to illuminate the model and to give it different colors. I added yellow fur set to Bright light at 20% Opacity. I added the blue in the picture with a broad brush in color mode set to Density. Then I adjusted the Opacity to 15%. I also added black on the edges with a layer mode set to Multiply and white on the upper face with a layer mode set to Overlay. 7: CONTRASTS DETAILS Add a layer settings Brightness/Contrast and adjust the Contrast to 24%, and the Opacity to 25% to mitigate the effect. Add the Curves adjustment layer and play with different settings to obtain a green and blue atmosphere that ts well with our theme of Science Fiction. I also added a layer with black hair to less visible at the bottom and another layer in which I painted in white on the collar to make it shine.
- CREATING A CYBORG .psd 11/2010 | www.psdmag.org/en9 8 9 8: LIPS Now we will darken the lips. To do it, open new layer, select a brush and paint the lips with black. Set it to 60%, as shown. On a new layer I added on eyes and lips some white with a ne brush to add reections. I duplicated this black layer and set it to the Color mode at 100% Opacity to desaturate the lips while keeping the reections visible. I added a little black on another layer to erase the last faults. 9: CUTTING With the Pen tool draw rectangular shapes that follow the natural line of the face to break it into several pieces. Get your rst selection line and complete it with black on a new layer. Add a drop shadow to this layer. Repeat the selection, complete it with white and move the new layer down. This will give the impression that the skin was cut. By holding [Ctrl] and clicking on this layer, retrieve the selection of the white layer and using the Eyedropper paint colors of the surrounding skin. You can also add some black to give more volume. Repeat these steps on all of the lines that cut out the character. Remember to respect the general direction of the light.
- CREATING A CYBORG .psd 11/2010 | www.psdmag.org/en10 10 11 10: REFLECTIONS AND DETAILS. On a new layer add the black nish for the crossing of face cuts. Take the Pen and draw shapes that follow the curves of the edges of the cuts. Fill them with white and add outer glow layer effect. Soften the edges if necessary with a Mask. I also lled the nostrils with black and white reection to restore volume. Fill a layer with black at 50%. Add noise and pass the layer mode to Overlay. Set the Opacity to dene the grain achieved with the noise. 11: OPENING To accentuate the Cyborg, make a circle on a new layer and distort it so that it follows the line of the face. Set the Opacity to 50%. Duplicate the layer and then move it under the previous layer to create a white outline. Select the outline and erase the circle that we created in the rt step here. It will create the depth effect. Duplicate this layer and blur it slightly to Brighten.
- CREATING A CYBORG .psd 11/2010 | www.psdmag.org/en11 12 13 12: OPENING VOLUME By recovering the selection of the rst circle, create a new layer above the previous one and with a broad brush add the gradient with white top and black bottom. Keep the selection on a new layer and add a shadow on the top of the circle. Move the selection and the new layer lled with black up, to retrieve the selection of the rst circle and delete the extra pixels. Set the Opacity to 50% and youll get a cut in shadow on the top of our opening. 13: DEPTH Group the layers from the rst round in a folder and duplicate it. With the Transformation tool, reduce the size of the le copied to create a second circle inside the rst one. By recovering the selection of the rst circle I created a new layer lled with black that I enlarged. To dig inside, I used the menu Selection>Modify>Contract which reduced the selection. Now you just need to cut the pixels inside the circle. Adjust with the Transformation tool if needed. Finally, with the use of mask layers I created a line that split the small circle.
- CREATING A CYBORG .psd 11/2010 | www.psdmag.org/en12 14 15 14: FINAL ADJUSTMENTS Add an adjustment layer to adjust the Saturation of the color mask of the Cyborg. The goal is to desaturate the mask against the skin. I added a Photo Filter adjustment layer to change the overall color of the picture with a sepia tone to 35%. I then nished with a layer of Brightness/Contrast to strengthen once more the contrast of the image. 15: FINAL STEP To nish up, atten your image and duplicate it one last time using the Plastic wrap effect with an Intensity of 5 on a detail and smoothing in order to achieve a soft effect. Add a layer mask and invert the black to clear plastic packaging. Then with a white brush at 50% Opacity paint robot parts on the mask. This will highlight the effect only on selected parts of the image. You just go over the layers mode lighter color. Thats it!
- 1. Please introduce yourself to our readers. Im a 26 year old artist from Indore, Indi