Primary research - audience research
Embed Size (px)
RESULTS OF MY PRIMARY AUDIENCE RESEARCH
Transcript of Primary research - audience research
- 1. Primary Research- Audience research. I done a audio description of my target audience research results, I also added key notes to summarise what was said in my audio desription,.
- 2. Key points in my audio description: simple closed question 88% are between the ages of 13-25 key element to finding out my target audience allows me to categorize my target audience 4% between ages of 26-30 8% were 30+ Assure elements meet criteria of age13- 25 (primary target audience), not 26+
- 3. Key points in my audio description: 68% are female 32% male gender audience gender fairly even but sways more towards women I should use female models more often on my front cover still use neutral colours, not pink for girls and blue for boys as audience is at an older age there is less of a clear division in gender.
- 4. Key points in my audio description: 28% said they attend slightly often 24% said they attend quite often 16% said attend moderately often this means in total 68% of my target audience attend musical performances least once a year compared to the 32% which attend music performances not at all often tells me I should have regular features in my magazine on live performances
- 5. Key points in my audio description: my magazine will be a consumer magazine will be able to give my audience information on the products they like least popular were designer brands such as mojo with only 5%, prada with 0% and bobby brown with 11% my audience aren't into designers and are more into high street fashions river island with 38% or Nike, apple and Maybelline with 27% most likely prefer this brand as they are more affordable and majority of my younger target audience, will be students so will be on a budget Knowing brands means I know what they would be interested in buying- include adverts on products from these brands but also know know what prizes Theyd be most interested in winning to encourage them to enter competitions in my magazine
- 6. Key points in my audio description: helped me to find out what stories my target audience wants to see so I can make sure I include such stories so my audience will buy my magazine. the results were pretty close so I shall include all stories 28% want to see serious stories 33% want to see gossip on celebs in the mag 42% want to see information on upcoming concerts 42% on different artists Because information on upcoming concerts and information on different artists had a higher percentage then the others I will use stories like these as my double page spread and use more strap lines on my front cover on upcoming concerts and different artists.
- 7. Key points in my audio description: Found out what websites my target audience regularly use so I can create a multi platform magazine to relate to my young modern audience. make a connection between these websites and my magazine I will know where is best to promote my magazine. most of my target audience use multiple social networks therefore I will use multiple social networks within my magazine, . Most popular facebook with 87% , twitter with 66% and instagram with 41% therefore I shall make accounts for all these networks and include the contact information for them on my flannel panel on my contents page so it is clear and easy for my audience to contact us tumblr however I will not include as only 20% said they use it. 75% of my target audience use google and 79% use youtube tells me I should promote and advertise my magazine on google or post extra videos about features on my magazine on youtube By using social networks and websites I can keep my audience interactive, important element for this modern day participatory culture where my target audience can 'tweet' or 'hashtag us ideas. a common element of magazines today - it helps the producers to constantly find out what their audience wants to see. the audience are no longer consumers they have instead become prosumers and help with ideas in the production of the magazine with their suggestions
- 8. Key points in my audio description: 0% said DAILY so I would definitely not produce it daily as I would only loose profit 24% said WEEKLY - still a low percentage of my target audience 32% said they would purchase it MONTHLY 44% would purchase it YEARLY Very close these percentages to one another so I would publish it in-between the two e.g. every 3 months or every 6 months Target audience dont wish to purchase a magazine very frequently need to make a good profit so need to publish it often enough to make that profit
- 9. Key points in my audio description: asked this question to see how they purchase their music so I know how to advertise music in my magazine e.g. downloadable or on a cd. iTUNES 39% ONLINE 39% means almost 80% of music is downloaded via the internet or an app only 21 % get CDs - most likely because of the age of my audience audience grew up around the time where there was advances in technology therefore I will include access to music online as a key element to my magazine as I know it will relate to my target audience but they are un likely to go out and buy a CD
- 10. Key points in my audio description: Asked this question to establish how much my target audience are willing to pay None were willing to pay 4 OR 5 Because stereotypically those under 25 do not earn much money as the majority are students 20% voted 1, 32% voted 3 Almost half,48% voted 2 therefore my cover price 2 as it is affordable for my target audience Although I have devotion to my magazine it is not a fanzines magazine so my main aim will be to make a profit on it this is why I chose 2 instead of 1.
- 11. Key points in my audio description: open question to find out what artists and bands my target audience want to see few artists such as Ed Sheeran have been by 2 or 3 applicants as artists they listen too majority chose a selection, I highlighted a selection Which shows my target audience enjoys artists from a wide range of decades e.g. Stevie Wonder to you me at six this supports my idea of bringing modern artists singing cover songs of older songs, bringing the old with the new.