PR Plan for School Cafeteria (Yonsei Univ. Korea)
Embed Size (px)
학교 구내식당 PR Plan을 위한 프레젠테이션 파일입니다.
Transcript of PR Plan for School Cafeteria (Yonsei Univ. Korea)
- Final PR Project Presentation Yonsei University Co-Op Goods/ School cafeteria, Meal services 2013-1 Public Relations Professor Park Nohil Team Banana Milk (Lee Dongchan, Han Sam, Park Minsun, Park Sangeun, Ahn Hyeji)
- 2013-1 Public Relations Professor Park Nohil Contents . Organization Introduction . Defining PR Problems . Planning and Programming . Action and Communicating . Evaluating the Program
- . Organization
- 1 What is Yonsei Co-Op Goods? () -Established December 1994 Purpose: -Educational support for students and faculty. -Established a healthy consumer culture. Whats under this organization: -School cafeteria, souvenir shop, stationery shop, printing stationsetc. -Well be focusing on the School Cafeteria for our project
- 1 What is Yonsei Co-Op Goods? ()
- 1 Cafeteria -The organization began to have direct control over the cafeteria since 1983 -The first cafeteria was (Ha-yan saem) -Some of the cafeterias are subcontracted under Samsung Everland
- . Defining PR Problems
- 2 The problem 1) Before we start - The foundational vision of the Yonsei Co-ops cafeterias were to provide educational support while allowing students to receive healthy and satisfying meal services. Today the cafeterias no longer truly represent their original mission and are gradually becoming a place for students to choose when theyre faced with no other alternatives. So we will use various methods to identify the problems in order to improve the current standards of the cafeteria.
- 2 Research Method 2) Research Method Informal Research - FGI (Focus Group Interview) - 1:1 Interview Formal Research - Online Survey - Offline Enquete
- 2 Informal Research FGI (Focus Group Interview) - 2013 / 5 / 27 17:00 p.m. ~ 18:00 p.m. - Participants : 6 people (Yonsei students majoring in communication) - A free discussion meeting about the cafeteria.
- 2 Informal Research 1:1 Interview - Interviewer : two members of team bananamilk - Interviewee : 8 Yonsei students (various major and nationality) - Topic : stereotypes about the cafeteria, frequency of visit, overall perspective, possible change/hopes for the future.
- 2 Formal Research Online Survey - Google docs survey - 2013 / 5 / 27 ~ 5 / 28 - Total sample : 75 (person) - Anonymous survey
- 2 Formal Research Offline Enquete - Location : Yonsei Student Union - Total sample : 87 (random person who had a meal in the cafeteria) - 2013 / 5 / 28 17:00 p.m. ~ 18 p.m. - Questioned regarding their satisfaction level for the days visit to the cafeteria
- 2 Situation Analysis SWOT Analysis
- 2 Research Result 3) Problem Statement -Students generally perceive that cafeteria food is cheap but bit expensive compared to cafeteria food in other universities. - But people still visit because it is conveniently located and easy to use when there are no other alternatives - There are no special factor representing dissatisfaction, but also no special factor that shows satisfaction. Overall, there is a lukewarm attitude. -In conclusion, it is important to reinforce and enhance the positive perceptions about the cafeteria.
- . Planning & Programming
- 3 Goal Statement Convenience Quality of Foods Cleanness, Hygiene Quality of Foods Price Etc. According to the research results, students perceptions and attitudes toward the cafeteria are not that negative. Many actually think of the place positively. However, the main image of cafeteria is still remained as a place where you can visit to grab a quick bite of food between your classes= very lukewarm We are trying to improve the cafeterias overall image to be more positive. Strongly favored because of convenience and price. When you visit the cafeteria, which factor(s) cater to your satisfaction, in comparison to your visits to other restaur- ants outside the school?
- 3 Goal Statement Our goal is to transform the cafeteria into : 1) a welcoming place you can easily and comfortably visit alone or with friends; the friendly and pleasing environment that make s you want to spend more time in and visit more often. 2) an organization that is within your (the students) reach and can communicate directly. (unlike many other schools administrative offices) by the end of 2013
- 3 Target Public - Target public = Yonsei Undergraduate Students @ Sinchon Campus they are the most frequent/ majority of the visitors of cafeteria they are accustomed to communicating via Social Network - Specifying Target Public Segment based on their attitude and frequency
- 3 Objective - Setting different objectives for each target segment Segment A : maintain a positive relationship and achieve customer loyalty behavioral changes that are expected to create viral aftereffects Segment B : improve their perceptions & attitudes perceptional changes that could affect their behavior further after exposure to the campaign
- 3 Objective - Setting different objectives for each target segment Segment C : offering triggers to make them take action!! remove obstacles they may have and offer them incentives to motivate their visits to the cafeteria Segment D : improve their perceptions & attitudes in order to preclude them from making negative remarks and worsening the reputation, improving their perception is essential for us
- . Action & Communication
- 4 Action and Communicating Enjoyable & Communicative Cafeteria Action Communication 1. Improve Atmosphere 3. Hold Events 4. Menu-related 1. Make Channels 2. Make a Slogan
- 4 Action 1. Action Program 1) Improve Atmosphere A. Staff Training Explanation : Staff should greet the visitors with a genuine smile and a welcoming statement. Ex) Have a nice meal! Effect : -Improve Closeness -Change perception (Negative->Positive) -A friendlier environment
- 4 Action B. BGM (background music) Explanation : Playing music at cafeteria Effect : -Give enjoyable feeling -Can be a Trendy Space, or the it place for students
- 4 Action C. Interior Enhancements Explanation : -Decorate the wall with students photos -Put on photos of the menu/ food on the wall Effect : -Can be a Interesting experience for the students Because this can help the cafeteria transform Into a more hip and fun place to hang out
- 4 Communication 2. Communication Program 1) Make Channels A. Open the Cafeterias Facebook Page Explanation : -To hold events -To announce news -To interact more with students -To introduce the menu Effect : -Feeling of closeness -Communicating with students -Giving positive image
- 4 Communication B. Facebook Events Explanation : -Hold various events using Facebook -All friends and fans can participate Effect : -Allows direct communication -Offer incentives for motivation -More fans=more likes, shares, comments -Can reach a bigger audience
- 4 C. Create a board on the wall Explanation : -Inform news about cafeteria -Make a space for students dissatisfaction messages Effect : -Can Communicate with students -Give positive perception through Improving stated dissatisfactions Communication
- 4 2) Make a Slogan Ex) Can you taste Yonsei Explanation : -Use it repeatedly through the Communication channels -Make sure the slogan comes to represent the organization Effect : -Give positive perceptions to the students -Enhance school pride while motivating more visits at the same time Communication
- 4 3) Hold Events A. Take pictures of students! Explanation : Take pictures of students once a month & hang them on the wall Effect : -Motivate more visitors to come in -Give an enjoyable experience -Feeling of closeness -Image of a friendly hang-out spot rather than just a school cafeteria Communication
- 4 4) Menu-related Improvements A. Seasonal Menu Explanation : Operation of Seasonal Menu Ex) summer : NaengMyeon Effect : -Increase visitors -Prevent students from getting tired Of trying the same food Communication