Population Pyramids - Global Studies
Click here to load reader
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Population Pyramids - Global Studies
- 1. Population Pyramids Demographers use population pyramids to study population composition or structure.
- 2. Not Only Do The Overall Populations Of These 3 Countries Differ Their compositions or structures differ too
- 3. Age-gender groups are called cohorts. Your cohort
- 4. Baby Boom 1946-1964 Baby Boomlet 1982-1995
- 5. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/28/us-birthrate-plummets-to-record-low/? page=all
- 6. Developing Countries Developed Countries
- 7. 1. Add Both sexes combined column to get TOTAL POPULATION 2. Divide # of 0-4 Males by Total Population to get %, graph percent on pyramid 3. Divide # of 0-4 Females by Total Population to get %, graph percent on pyramid 4. Rounding is fine 5. Repeat for each age cohort (5-9, 10-14, etc.) TOTAL POP
- 8. Country A 2015 United Nations Fast, Slow, Stable or Negative Growth Country?
- 9. Animated Population Pyramid 1950 to 2050 - China When Did the One-Child Policy Go Into Effect?