PODS: a review and the patterns for implementation Janet Sinclair PODS Association
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of PODS: a review and the patterns for implementation Janet Sinclair PODS Association
- Slide 1
- PODS: a review and the patterns for implementation Janet Sinclair PODS Association
- Slide 2
- For new attendees What is PODS? The PODS Association is a not-for-profit Organization that develops and maintains pipeline data and interchange standards for the oil & gas pipeline industry. The organization provides its members an environment to share knowledge by establishing a center of excellence for facilitating a global PODS community of practice. The Associations focus is to provide its domestic and international members a framework for leveraging industry standards in support of Information Management solutions related to onshore and offshore pipelines, gathering systems, and distribution systems as required to support the interests of its members.
- Slide 3
- Chart a path for the next 15 min Where have we been? 1 Where are we now? 2 Where are we going to? 3
- Slide 4
- PODS: how has the model grown? Began in 1998 by the Gas Research Institute (GRI) who significantly expanded the ISAT Data Model into PODS 2.0. PODS 5.0 was released December 2009. PODS 5.0 ESRI GeoDatabase was released August 2010.
- Slide 5
- PODS: how has the membership grown? Number of Members Their Locations
- Slide 6
- So where is PODS now? Strong Organization- Board, Technical Committee and Membership. Strong Model- Primarily includes pipeline centerline, construction records, operations, facilities, integrity management, geographic features, crossings, inspections, risk management, maintenance, and regulatory compliance. Quality Advancement- Latest Enhancements to the Data Model: Global Unique Identifiers (GUIDS) Cathodic Protection Facilities Comments and Reports Offshore Facilities and Inspections Inline Inspection (ILI) Regulatory Compliance Reporting High Consequence Area Analysis (HCA) Standardized Crossing Tables
- Slide 7
- 2010: what does it mean to use PODS? PODS Organization 1: You select PODS for its value Rich Content Standard Consistency Sharing Organization
- Slide 8
- 2010: what does it mean to use PODS? PODS Organization 1: You select PODS for its value Company Perceptions Philosophy Technology Paths Solutions Implementation Pattern 2:You select a way to implement it Relational Oracle Spatial ESRI Spatial
- Slide 9
- PODS: where are we going? Improve Interoperability Improve Member Knowledge Sharing Modularization of the Data Model International Modules and Units of Measure Distribution and Gathering Comprehensive Documentation Best Practices, White Papers Standardized Implementation To continue to be successful we need your assistance.
- Slide 10