1. CASE STUDY FACEBOOK 12 DAYS OF HOLIDAY JOY APP PAK MAIL
2. C L I E N T : Pak Mail is a franchise model packing and shipping store akin to the UPS Store (but dont tell them I said that). They provide packing and shipping services for both residential and commercial customers and manage shipments of all size (from small package to freight) while working with a number of different carriers to provide their customers with the best possible option. They pride themselves on their superior customer service.
3. C H A L L E N G E : While Pak Mail has excelled throughout the years at point-of-sale customer interaction and traditional forms of marketing, with the inux of new technologies they were quickly falling behind the times. They knew they had to do something. So they consulted Xuma.
4. C H A L L E N G E : At the time, Pak Mails presence in the social space was almost nonexistent. They had the beginnings of a Facebook page but didnt know how to build their presence beyond their corporate employees, franchisees and most loyal customers. They knew that this is somewhere that their brand needed to live and to thrive but they couldnt build that presence on their own.
5. I D E A : Our goal was a basic onebuild Pak Mails Facebook following while increasing engagement with their current fan base. But how would we do that? Enter the Pak Mail 12 Days of Holiday Joy Facebook Application. The idea was simple, for every day for the 12 days leading up to Christmas (Pak Mails busiest holiday) we would give away a prize. The catch? Facebook followers didn't know what we were giving away. Instead, we posted a clue that they had to submit their guess to. From those guesses with the correct answers, we selected a winner.
6. C A M P A I G N : Instead of merely posting the clue on our wall and asking people to guess, we developed a Facebook Application that housed all the days of the promotion. The app not only made the promotion fun and engaging, it also allowed us to collect email addresses from anyone who participated so we could add them to our email database.
7. C A M P A I G N : In addition to the application, we ran an extensive Facebook advertising campaign including a combination of sponsored stories, page post ads and newsfeed ads. All the ads were geotargeted to only appear in markets that had a Pak Mail store nearby. The newsfeed adsand sponsored stories were further targeted towards Pak Mail's core customer base.
8. R E S U L T S : The app was more successful than even we anticipated. Not only did we successfully engage Pak Mail's existing followers, we also increased their followers by a huge margin.
9. R E S U L T S : Increased Facebook likes from 60 to over 1,000 in 12 days 829 customer emails were collected 504 players returned to play more than once
10. A D V E R T I S I N G R E S U L T S : 528,059 total impressions 4,317 total actions 4,743 total clicks 0.9% click-thru rate
11. R E S U L T S : But the quantitiative results only go so far, we also were able, for the rst time in Pak Mail's history, toengage with their core demographic in a social media environment. We brought Pak Mail into the 21st century and laid the groundwork for them to continue interacting with their current followers while growing their following. In fact, the app was so successful, Pak Mail signed off on executing threemore promotions of the same scope in 2014.