Online Therapy - Go Online With A Counseling Psychologist
Embed Size (px)
Online therapy, or e-therapy, is a new tool in mental health treatment that, according to John M. Grohol, Psy.D., is basically “Internet-mediated technology to foster a helping relationship online.” Through online therapy, a counseling psychologist provides general support for people with relationship problems and other daily worries.
Transcript of Online Therapy - Go Online With A Counseling Psychologist
- 1. www.helpingpsychology.com Online Therapy | Go Online With A Counseling Psychologist
- 2. www.helpingpsychology.com Online therapy , or e-therapy, is a new tool in mental health treatment that, according to John M. Grohol, Psy.D., is basically Internet-mediated technology to foster a helping relationship online.
- 3. www.helpingpsychology.com Through online therapy, a counseling psychologist provides general support for people with relationship problems and other daily worries.
- 4. www.helpingpsychology.com Via e-therapy, a psychologist uses e-mail, video conferencing, messaging and online chat options to provide psychological support and help. These therapists are able to help provide the necessary treatments as they are able to reach the patient at a level which was not explored until now.
- 5. www.helpingpsychology.com The focus of this modernized therapy varies from person to person. Some clients want to partake in in-depth sessions, while others just want to check in with a therapist from time to time.
- 6. www.helpingpsychology.com The most obvious advantage of online therapy is the fact that therapy can be provided to people who do not have access to regular psychological help.
- 7. www.helpingpsychology.com Another advantage is that online therapy is not as expensive as regular therapy and many people also claim it to be more effective, as it is far easier to write or message your fears to someone you cant see.
- 8. www.helpingpsychology.com Writing or talking to a counseling psychologist through the virtual world seems to be far easier for people who see the Internet as the best solutions provider.
- 9. www.helpingpsychology.com
- Online therapy, however, does have somedrawbacks.
- The most obvious is the fact that therapists cannot answer
- to crisis situations.
- 10. www.helpingpsychology.com What it is not:
- A cure for mental disorders;
- Traditional psychotherapy;
- Diagnostic tool
- Building coping skills;
- General coaching;
- Relationship building
- 11. www.argosy.edu www.HelpingPsychology.com Helping Psychology Is Sponsored By