Click here to load reader
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Nike
- 1. Organisational culture of Nike Topic of presentation
2. Nike Inc. was founded in 1962 by Bill Bowerman and Phil Knight as a partnership under the name, Blue Ribbon Sports.In 1971,it was given the Nike brand name, referring to the Greek Goddess of Victory, and the Swoosh trademark. Nike 3. Products
- Aquatic Activities
- Auto Racing
- Other athletic and recreational uses
- Outdoor Activities
The product categories include the following: 4. Leadership style
- Nikes top managements leadership style can be characterized by the team management approach.
- This style of leadership leads to relationships of trust and respect.
- Red Swooshes float across everything.
Nike has created a corporate culture rich with employee loyalty and team spirit. The Inside Culture Of Nike 6.
- Employees time out .
- Video of sports highlight.
- Weekly updates.
Nike asks its players to work by two principals above all others -- "Honesty first, and competition second. Compete with yourself not your colleagues." 7. Labour Initiative
- The minimum age of footwear factory workers should be 18
- Expansion in education programs, including junior and high school equivalency courses, for workers in all Nike footwear factories,
8. Recruitment and selection
- Hire factory workers who express an interest in educational programs.
9. Training and development
- Offer education classes
- Conduct seminars and workshops
- Increase in salary
11. The strong culture of Nike creates a strong sense of purpose and motivation among the employees which is responsible for its excellence and progress. 12. Thanks for your precious time