NAVIGATING THE NEW COMMUNICATION LANDSCAPE: U.S. NAVY and SOCIAL MEDIA.
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of NAVIGATING THE NEW COMMUNICATION LANDSCAPE: U.S. NAVY and SOCIAL MEDIA.
- Slide 1
- NAVIGATING THE NEW COMMUNICATION LANDSCAPE: U.S. NAVY and SOCIAL MEDIA
- Slide 2
- Over 50% of Americans are on Facebook
- Slide 3
- CNN has named Facebook as its next big competitor
- Slide 4
- Google is the #1 trafficked site on the internet, but people spend much more time on Facebook.
- Slide 5
- SOCIAL MEDIA ALLOWS THE USER TO MANAGE INFLUX OF INFORMATION.
- Slide 6
- With the advent of social media our communication landscape has shifted.
- Slide 7
- Organizational control of communications is an illusion.
- Slide 8
- Chief of Naval Operations key moment with respect to social media
- Slide 9
- Slide 10
- Audiences talking to Audiences
- Slide 11
- Content must reach people on a human level or offer something cool to fans that they can pass along to friends.
- Slide 12
- Todays communication landscape demands dialogue.
- Slide 13
- 13 I was reached by Navy Times to comment. I told them that if there are Sailors out there who are slipping, they are the exceptions not the rule. I also said I have full confidence that if our Chiefs see a problem, they correct it; because that is what Chiefs do. I'd like to go a little further than that here. This is not a fleet-wide issue. It is not a trend or an epidemic. Our Sailors, around the Navy, look as professional as they ever have and they take great pride in all our uniforms. And make no mistake about something else: I stand behind my Chiefs. - A portion of MCPONs FB note addressing a query from Navy Times regarding Sailors not wearing their uniforms properly.
- Slide 14
- Risks and considerations for participation in social media.
- Slide 15
- Official Navy Website www.navy.mil Navy Social Media Directory www.navy.mil/socialmedia Navy Social Media Resources Page www.chinfo.navy.mil Navy Emerging Media on Slideshare www.slideshare.net/USNavySocialMedia Where you can find THIS brief! LT Lesley Lykins Director Emerging Media Integration (OI-54) Department of the Navy, Office of Information Office:(703) 695-6915 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org@navy.mil Jessica Faller Deputy, Emerging Media Integration (OI-54a) Office: (703) 692-4718 Email: email@example.com@navy.mil