MYPLATE THE CALORIE TRACKER. WHAT IS THE MYPLATE APP? An application you can download on your...
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of MYPLATE THE CALORIE TRACKER. WHAT IS THE MYPLATE APP? An application you can download on your...
- Slide 1
- MYPLATE THE LIVESTRONG.COM CALORIE TRACKER
- Slide 2
- WHAT IS THE MYPLATE APP? An application you can download on your phone or on your tablet. Tracks you daily caloric, fat, carbohydrate and protein intake. Tracks the amount of calories you burned daily through exercise. Goals and progress are based on height, weight, gender and age. [The] Calorie Tracker can help you reach your diet, weight loss and fitness goals by tracking your daily calories and exercise. LIVESTRONG.COM
- Slide 3
- PROFESSIONALS WHO CAN USE MYPLATE Doctors Nutritional counselors Trainers Therapist Nutrition is Important in the health care field!
- Slide 4
- BENEFITS OF MYPLATE Knowledge on personal nutrition for the patient and the professional to assess. An easy way for professionals to get patients to track their nutrition.
- Slide 5
- OTHER BENEFITS Personalized You create your profile specific to you to get the most accurate results. Large database Contains more than 1.3 million food and restaurant items. You can be specific with what you track You can chart your calories, carbs, protein, fat sodium, cholesterol, sugars and fiber. Available online (www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate) Along with the app, there is an online service you can access at home. Support groups, forums, Q&A.
- Slide 6
- HOW TO DOWNLOAD App store on your phone of tablet Search, MyPlate Install Its Free!
- Slide 7
- HOW TO USE 1. Complete the profile page Gender, height, age, activity level, weight, weight goal. The app will automatically set a calorie goal for you to reach daily based on your height, weight, gender, age, activity level and your overall goals.
- Slide 8
- DIARY TAB 2. Start to track your meals and snacks! This section shows you your calorie goal for the day, how many calories you have consumed, how many you have burned, and also your net calories.
- Slide 9
- DIARY TAB CONT. In the Diary tab, choose the correct date to start tracking your calories. Choose Breakfast, lunch diner, snack, exercise, weight, or water to start tracking your day.
- Slide 10
- DIARY TAB CONT. Simply type what you ate in the search box to find the best match (or you can enter the calories manually if you know the amount you ate). Tap I ate this in the top right corner, and the food item you selected will appear under recent. You can adjust the serving size You can view nutrition facts for that item Log every food item you eat in that day for accuracy.
- Slide 11
- PROGRESS TAB 3. View your progress! In the Progress tab, you can view the foods you have consumed daily, weekly or monthly.
- Slide 12
- PROGRESS TAB CONT. You can change the settings to view the carbs, protein, fat, sodium, cholesterol, sugars, or fiber you have consumed in total.
- Slide 13
- WHY USE THE MYPLATE APP? Easy way to track your food intake Convenient Available on your phone, tablet and online Accurate Based on your personal information Large database Personalized Specific to your personal information Makes communication easy with your doctor Tracking your calories is beneficial for your knowledge, and also your doctors.