M.P. Chapter - Indore. Exports of Top 15 States of India
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of M.P. Chapter - Indore. Exports of Top 15 States of India
- Slide 1
- M.P. Chapter - Indore
- Slide 2
- Exports of Top 15 States of India
- Slide 3
- Slide 4
- Slide 5
- The Major Industrial Areas in the State Bhopal Indore Raisen Harda Mandideep Dewas Pithampur Khandwa Jhabua Dhar Ujjain Mandsaur Ratlam Jabalpur Sehore Shajapur Satna Gwalior
- Slide 6
- Group Related Development at Important Places
- Slide 7
- Events Organized at Indore DATEEVENTS ORGANISED 17 th May 2013Seminar on Export Promotion Provisions under Foreign Trade Policy (FTP), Export Finance & Letter of Credit (L/C) - Indore 20th July 2013Workshop on How to Become a Successful Exporter Indore 18th Sept 2013Workshop on How to Become a Successful Exporter - Indore 8 th Oct 2013Exporters Meet - Indore 6 th & 7 th Dec 2013 Two (2) Days Certificate Course on INTERNATIONAL TRADE - Indore
- Slide 8
- Actual Inc &Exp against Meetings/Seminar held at Indore for FY 2013-14 as on Nov 2013 NoMeeting / Seminar/ WorkshopActual Income SponsorshipActual Expenses Surplus / Deficit Rs. 1.Seminar on Export Proc at Indore 17.5.13 8010-20876(-)12866 2.Workshop at Indore dt 20.7.1325586-25363223 3.Workshop on How to become Successful Exporter dt 18.9.13 14982-19759(-)4777 4.Stakeholders Consultative Mtg- Study on MP - Exporters Meet at Indore dt 8.10.13 -30000 + 25000 530751925 TOTAL4857855000119073(-)15495 (As informed Air fare chrages of VP & RC dt 8.10.13 Rs 11742/- has been Debited to Stakeholders Consultative Mtg-Study on MP)
- Slide 9
- Proposed Events in 2013-14 & 2014 - 15 For existing and new exporters from M.P. following Seminars and Workshops will be very useful. 1) 2 Days Certificate Course on INTERNATIONAL TRADE 2) Potential of Trade with China 3) Doing Business with Gulf Countries 4) Export Schemes and Benefits for Small Exporters 5) Scope of Service Exports from M.P. 6) How to Export New Products in Traditional Markets(US, Europe & Russian Markets) 7) How to enter Japanese Market 8) India and South East Asia Trade (Thailand, Malaysia, Burma etc)
- Slide 10
- Contd 9) Global Entry and Promotion Strategies for Indian Business 10) Benefiting from Logistics and Shipping Strategies 11) Importance of Packaging in Exports 12) How to Plan Export Marketing Strategies 13) Workshop on How to become successful Exporters 14) Workshop on International Terms of Payment and practical aspect of Letter of Credit 15) How to Participate in International Exhibitions 16) Workshop on Plant Protection, Quarantine & Storage for Agro produce
- Slide 11
- Contd We can also have export promotional programs for the sector specific trade like:- 1. Pharmaceuticals, 2. Ready made Garments 3. Herbal exports, 4. Commodity Exports (Soya bean, Lentils) 5. Chemicals 6. Handicraft - Stuffed Toys etc.
- Slide 12
- Places where we Propose to Conduct the Events INDORE (Dewas, Khandwa, Dhar, Pithampur, Ujjain,) BHOPAL (Mandideep, Sehore, Raisen, Harda, Shajapur, Hoshangabad) RATLAM (Mandsaur, Neemuch, Jhabua) JABALPUR (Katni, Satna, Rewa, Chhindwara) GWALIOR
- Slide 13
- Calendar of Events January - March 2014 EVENTDATEPLACE Workshop on Global Entry and Promotion Strategies for Indian Business 18 th January 2014Indore Seminar on Export Schemes and Export Benefits for Small Exporters 25 th January 2014Indore How to become a Successful Exporter 2 nd February 2014Neemuch Seminar on Export Schemes and Export Benefits for Small Exporters 8 th February 2014Bhopal Seminar on Export Schemes and Export Benefits for Small Exporters 22 nd February 2014Jabalpur Potential of Trade with China 8 th March 2014Indore Seminar on Export Schemes and Export Benefits for Small Exporters 29 th March 2014Gwalior
- Slide 14
- Few Common Issues Faced By Exporters CONNECTIVITY BY RAIL Being a land locked state and no proper route of rail transport, exporters in Madhya Pradesh are facing immense difficulties in carrying out the export/import activities. CONTAINERS BY ROAD In view of poor connectivity and non availability of racks from Ratlam exporters are forced to dispatch the cargo by road transport to Mumbai which in turn cost them heavily. Till the Pithampur is connected with Ratlam by railway line the racks should be made available from Indore. KNOWLEDGE UPGRADATION Many exporters are not aware of various government incentive schemes as well as lack the knowledge of exports and are mainly dependent on CHAs for their exports.
- Slide 15
- Contd INLAND CONTAINER DEPOT (ICD) ICD services are not up to the mark there are delays in sending of consignments. Hence exporters prefer sending directly to the ports at Gujarat and Mumbai. COLLATION OF IMPORT EXPORT DATA There is no agency to collate import export data hence it is difficult to actually analyze the volume of total import and export from the state of M.P. The data available with the ICDs is insufficient. INSUFFICIENT INFRASTRUCTURE IN INDUSTRIAL ZONES No proper infrastructure is available in the industrial zones. Road conditions are very poor, No proper drainage system available due to which the units are flooded with water heavy water logging during rainy season resulting huge losses to the industries.
- Slide 16
- Contd OPENING UP OF FOOD PARKS AT INDORE In view of largest production in the Malwa and Nimad region of spices Government must consider opening up of Food park at Indore. MULTI-STORY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX State Government should permit construction of multi story buildings under the Industrial Zones for promoting small scale industries viz; Readymade garments, packaging, pharmaceuticals & engineering units which require smaller space. STAMP DUTY ON MORTGAGE OF PROPERTY FOR LOANS Stamp duty of 1.5% on mortgage of property for bank loans is very high in M P in compare to other states that are following slab wise structure. As such Government must consider this issue and make it at par with other states.
- Slide 17
- How FIEO Can Serve The Exporters In Madhya Pradesh We can start arranging seminars and upgrading knowledge of exporters/manufacturers on how to start export and various incentives available from the government for the exporters. Can explore districts like Bhopal, Gwalior, Jabalpur, Mandsaur, Neemuch. As it will explore more and more districts for seminars/ workshops/ certificate courses we will tie up with the associations and chamber of commerce of that particular district and invite their members so these exporters could be targeted for membership.
- Slide 18
- Contd FIEO will regularly take up the policy, banking and infrastructural issues with the concerned departments. We can arrange a BSM in Indore which is a commercial hub of Madhya Pradesh. We should start capacity building programs for the government officials in Madhya Pradesh on the same line as we have been doing in Gujarat.
- Slide 19
- FIEO Madhya Pradesh Membership With the help of awareness programs in various districts of Madhya Pradesh, FIEO can enhance its membership base in M.P. Period Total Paid Members Revenue Generated Growth % (Increase over the last year) 1 st April 2012 15 th Dec 2012 22413,94,417 x 1 st April 2013 - 15 th Dec 2013 23316,20,43023%
- Slide 20
- Revenue Generated Revenue Generated - FromNo.Amt % Increase over the last year Certificate of Origin + APTA + SAPTA Issued from 1 st May 10 th December 2013 17123,404x New Members Admitted from 1 st April 2012 15 th December 2012 352,88,621x New Members Admitted from 1 st April 2013 15 th December 2013 655,35,513 86%
- Slide 21
- Requirement Of Manpower & Earmarked budget for Workshops and Seminars As FIEO is planning to expand its membership base and operations in Madhya Pradesh this can happen with arranging various awareness programs and open houses. Hence, there would be requirement of additional staff in Indore office. Earmarked budget for expenditure at least for next two years for workshops/seminar since being a new chapter at MP.
- Slide 22
- THANK YOU