Movie analysis rahat
Click here to load reader
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Movie analysis rahat
- 1. Titanic is a 1997 American epic romantic disaster film directed, written, coproduced, co-edited and partly financed by James Cameron. A fictionalized account of the sinking of the RMS Titanic, it stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet as members of different social classes who fall in love aboard the ship during its ill-fated maiden voyage. (source Wikipedia) The Vow is a 2012 romantic drama film directed by Michael Sucsy, starring Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams. The film is based on the true story of Kim and Krickitt Carpenter. The Vow was a box office success, becoming the sixth highest-grossing romantic drama film of all time. (source Wikipedia)
- 2. Titanic Titanic opening starts of with their production logo DIGITALLY THX MASTERED. This lets the audience know what production studio developed helped develop the movie. Some movies start of using two production logos such as shown in titani.
- 3. Titanic They also gave credits to the production labels once again It also shows the facial expression of the people, perhaps that was important for the director to show to show the contrast of how they were to how they went near the end of the movie. Titanic start of showing establishing the settings through various different shots. We can see that this was set in the olden times and is also set on a ship.
- 4. Titanic The title is then introduced after showing the first few seconds of establishing the setting. We are now 1 min 38 seconds in to the movie. This is introduced now with the ocean behind it. This is because it fits in with the movie and continues on from where it left with the ship sailing off into the ocean. Here we are shown a few ships driving past, this making it seem that the ships are really important throughout the movie
- 5. The Vow Once again the movie shows the production labels before it starts, they also give the credits to the production companies. Here the was two different production labels. In both Titanic and The Vow, the music that comes along with the production labels are fixed. They are only given through the production labels and are always specific according to the specific production label.
- 6. The Vow In the very first scene, we are introduced to the main characters, we see them walking out of a cinema holding arms. This straight away highlights to the audience that they are either good friends or a couple. Mise En Scene is used very strongly here too, the women is wearing a very beautiful red coat, which represents the colour of love. The bright lights behind them help to emphasise the happiness. It also helps create the romantic atmosphere. Here we are shown parts of the setting and given an establishing shot of the place. We can see her that there is snow which is seen as romantic.
- 7. The Vow Here as the couple stand, the man kisses her on her forehead. This shows that they are a couple and not just good friends, again adding to the realism if them being a couple. Here the title is introduced, The Vow. Thus is introduced as the couple walk off.
- 8. The Vow The actors names are then shown. Its shown in a specific way to give you an insight of the characters personality etc. We also have more credits which role up, while yet introducing the characters slowly.