Monday, May 6, 2019 Happy Belated Birthday to Mrs. Joiner ... › 383e › 05 › 06...
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Monday, May 6, 2019 Happy Belated Birthday to Mrs. Joiner ... › 383e › 05 › 06...
Monday, May 6, 2019
Happy Belated Birthday to Mrs. Joiner, Brooke Moulton, Logan Niehaus and Julianna Tongco All NEW items for each day are highlighted
1) A big shout out to Mr. Blackmore. Last Week on Wednesday, May 1st was National Principal’s Day. If you see Mr. Blackmore please thank him for all he does!
2) Another shout out to all of our teachers on National Teacher Appreciation week. Please thank your teachers for all they do!
3) Attention students who requested the book Miracles From Heaven, please come to the library at your convenience.
4) Congratulations to both the choir and the band for receiving a Division I rating at Large Group contest Friday night. Please join us at our concert Tuesday the 7th at 7:00 to the hear the music we performed and
a few extra selections. 5) The Carlisle Girls Track and Field team came out victorious in a tight team battle for the 3rd straight year
over ADM to retain their title as conference champions. After winning the first conference title in school history
two years ago, the Wildcats are now back-to-back-to-back RRC champions.
1st Place Finishers:
400 & 800 Meter Run – Ainsley Erzen
1500 & 3000 Meter Run – Megan Sievers
Shuttle Hurdle – Delaney Schnathorst, Morgan Lose, Cam Mesecher, Jocelyn Haack
2nd Place Finishers
1500 & 3000 Meter Run – Ainsley Erzen
100 Meter Hurdles – Jocelyn Haack
Discus – Meredith Hoffman
Long & High Jump – Adelynn Ahartz
4x200 Meter Relay – Delaney Schnathorst, Tristine Viers, Meredith Hoffman, Paige Mercer
3rd Place Finishers
800 Meter Run – Megan Sievers
400 Meter Hurdles – Jocelyn Haack
4x400 Meter Relay – Cam Mesecher, Meredith Hoffman, Lexxi Link, Jocelyn Haack
Sprint Medley Relay – Delaney Schnathorst, Natalea Statler, Paige Mercer, Cam Mesecher
Distance Medley Relay – Ashleigh Hyde, Tessa Orput, Lexxi Link, Megan Sievers
6) Congratulations to the Wildcat boys track & field squad on winning their third straight Raccoon River conference title. The Cats scored 176 points. RRC Champions: Nolan Brunsen (110m high hurdles and 200m dash),
Trenton Beck (long jump), Kolby Fritz (800m run), Shuttle hurdle relay (Tranton Beck, Karson Dunn, Nic Goodhue,
Nolan Brunsen), 4x800m relay (Ethan Schlichte, Nate Norton, Tristen Kessler, Kyle Miller). RRC Runner-Ups:
Jacob Imhoff (200m dash) and Hayden Amos (discus). RRC 3rd Place: Trenton Beck (high jump), Quincy Griffin
(400m dash), 1600m distance medley (Karson Dunn, Sam McPhee, Justin Neely and Jon Flaws), 4x200m relay
(Jace Vollstedt, Nic Goodhue, Hung Hoang and Jacob Imhoff), 4x100m relay (Jace Vollstedt, Nic Goodhue, Karson
Dunn Hung Hoang), 4x400m relay (Quincy Griffin, Jacob Imhoff, Kolby Fritz and Nolan Brunsen).
7) Thank you to Fellowship Christian Athletes who hosted another pancake breakfast on Friday, May 3rd. It was delicious and much appreciated.
8) Student Council election process for the 2019-2020 School year has begun. See Ms. Hillebrand in room 84 for applications for officer or class representative. Applications are due by Monday, May 6. Elections for officers is
Wednesday, May 8. 9) There will be an Art Fundraiser at Stadium View on Wednesday, May 8. Please see below for more details.
10) Please join us as we recognize our senior performers at the following events: May 10th - Soccer and Golf at home (soccer doubleheader vs. Grand View Christian at 5 p.m.)
G/B Soccer in between boys and girls games (approximately 6:30 p.m.)
G/B Golf at halftime of the boys game (approximately 7:30 p.m.)
11) Reminder- Each year students are required to complete tasks related to career and college planning to earn .25 elective credit for graduation. Students must complete tasks in the system Naviance Student to earn their
credit, https://student.naviance.com/carlislehs. Please see below for more information.
12) You can now order Boys Golf clothing. Feel free to purchase if you would like. All clothing has "Carlisle Wildcats" embroidered so that the clothing is not sport specific. https://carlislewildcats2019.itemorder.com/
13) Any current 9th-11th graders interested in the healthcare field, check out this great summer opportunity at Drake University July 25-27th! BullD.O.G.S. in Healthcare introduces students to careers in the health professions
by educating them about opportunities in health sciences and exploring different pathways using hands-on lab
experiences and more. For more information about the program goals, activities and requirements, visit the College
of Pharmacy and Health Sciences website.
14) Attention students who are interested in being lifeguards at the Carlisle Aquatic Center: The YMCA will be offering lifeguard certification classes starting in February-June. Spots fill up fast after spring break so don’t delay.
Please see below for more details.
15) Do you want to learn how to pay for your child’s college? Join the Iowa College Access Network and find out how. Copy and paste this link and learn more: http://www.icansucceed.org/
16) To order your 2018-2019 yearbook please copy and paste the following link www.yearbookordercenter.com and use code 3332. Sales open until end of April. Cost is $50.00.
1) Carlisle After Prom is selling Carlisle Wildcats pop sockets for $5. You can pick yours up in the High School or Activities Office or reach out to JeanAnne Kompsie – 515-822-2940.
2) Parents and students: the following link contains information about the dangers of vaping and Juuls: https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/infographics/youth/pdfs/e-cigarettes-usb-flash-508.pdf
3) If your student needs to take Drivers Education, Street Smarts Drivers Ed holds classes at Carlisle High School in the C3 Room. The following sessions are available: April 1-May 2 (Mondays and Thursdays from 6-9
pm), June 10-July 1 (Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays from 7-10 am). New session: July 15 – July 30 (Monday –
Thursday 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM). Go to the following link to register for upcoming classes or to check for alternate
locations: http://www.streetsmartsdriversed.com or call 515-279-1112.
4) The Carlisle Schools Food Pantry is open on the first and third Thursday of the month from 4-6 pm. Now enter at the east entrance of the elementary building. Please do not arrive prior to 3:45 pm to allow our students and
buses to safely exit the facility.
1) Senior Awards Night will be held on Tuesday, May 14th at 6:30PM. 2) The Baccalaureate service will be held on Wednesday, May 15 at 7:00 pm in the High School Auditorium.
3) Reminder: All scholarships can be found here by clicking on the link below. http://carlislehighschoolcounseling.weebly.com/scholarships.html
4) Graduation Picture order forms are in. Please come to the office to pick those up. 5) Attention Seniors - senior portraits for the yearbook are past due. If you have not submitted yours, please email
Mrs. Flaws as soon as possible at: email@example.com.
6) Order your graduation materials at www.jostens.com. 7) Graduation will be held on Sunday, May 19, at 2 pm.
Follow Carlisle High School on the Official Twitter
Account @CarlisleHighSch. Follow to get updates and
announcements from CHS. Go Cats!
Follow all of our Carlisle Activities on Twitter
GO WILDCATS! @chswildcatpride For info about scholarships, recruiters, and important
dates and news you need to know follow your counselors
on Twitter @2CHScounselors
Jostens link to order graduation announcements/cap
& gown/ class rings:
For important information from the CHS Guidance
Office, please check out their blog at:
https://mx.technolutions.net/mpss/c/GgE/jM0HAA/t.2q9/tuYtRzwEQTebvCpJAvhGTA/h0/lQ2E4Hr8ya8PKnN005tox-2FpoRDI7DtC7vPepxT4LoVhKyp6pRkiclmq6L-2BQvF38SF5sRUVIIUuRwZDpfE1vYdQ-3D-3D https://mx.technolutions.net/mpss/c/GgE/jM0HAA/t.2q9/tuYtRzwEQTebvCpJAvhGTA/h0/lQ2E4Hr8ya8PKnN005tox-2FpoRDI7DtC7vPepxT4LoVhKyp6pRkiclmq6L-2BQvF38SF5sRUVIIUuRwZDpfE1vYdQ-3D-3D http://www.icansucceed.org/ http://www.yearbookordercenter.com/ https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/infographics/youth/pdfs/e-cigarettes-usb-flash-508.pdf http://www.streetsmartsdriversed.com/ http://carlislehighschoolcounseling.weebly.com/scholarships.html mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.jostens.com/ http://www.carlislecsd.org/ https://twitter.com/chswildcatpride http://www.jostens.com/ http://carlislehighschoolcounseling.weebly.com/
See below for District Activities: (as listed on http://www.raccoonriverconference.org.)
Date: Time: Versus: Location:
Monday, May 6 Tuesday, May 7 Wednesday, May 8
Chicken Strips Hot Dog Cheese / Taco Pizza
Mashed Potatoes French Fries Corn
Green Beans Mixed Vegetables Romaine Salad
Dinner Roll Strawberries Mandarin Oranges