1. #STAFFING #HIRETOWIN Mobile Recruiting Essentials for Staffing Firms Mobile recruitment today and what recruitment firms can gain from these trends, tips and insights Alex Charraudeau Media Solutions Consultant
2. #STAFFING #HIRETOWIN Alex Charraudeau Ex-recruiter 6 years as a recruitment marketing guy Web design, development, brand strategy, search marketing, email marketing, social media strategy At LinkedIn I help recruiters get the most out of LinkedIn ABC (Always be connecting) LinkedIn Twitter Google+ 2
3. #STAFFING #HIRETOWIN Mobile Recruiting Essentials for Staffing Firms Introduction to mobile and mobile recruiting What recruitment companies say about mobile The 3 Mobiles: Social Sites, Apps and Mobile Websites 5 tips for a successful mobile strategy 3
4. #STAFFING #HIRETOWIN Mobile Recruiting Essesntials: 4
5. #STAFFING #HIRETOWIN 5 Introduction to Mobile State_Of_Digital_Advertising_Q1_2014_Webinar _comScore DAA LA Syposium: Marketing to the Multi-Platform Majority _comScore Top Sites by Visitor TrafficTop Apps of 2013 (Average Monthly Visitors) Smartphone Apps accounted for 85 percent of internet time spent on phones in 2013. 84 percent of Americans watch online video, with Millennials spending 48 percent more time with online video than average. As of December 2013, 56 percent of U.S. digital media consumers constitute the multi-platform majority.
6. #STAFFING #HIRETOWIN 6 Social Network Breakdown US Digital Future In Focus 2014_Page 8_comScore
7. #STAFFING #HIRETOWIN Introduction to Mobile Recruiting 7 49% Mobile recruiting is NOT a top priority for our company 29% We dont know where to start with mobile recruiting 20% Our career/recruitment site is optimized for mobile 20% We are looking to invest in mobile recruiting tools for our talent acquisition team 18% Our job postings are optimized for mobile 13% We have invested adequately in making our recruiting process mobile-friendly LinkedIn Global Recruiting Trends survey 2013, 3300 talent acquisition leader responses from 19 countries 7
8. #STAFFING #HIRETOWIN Introduction to Mobile Recruiting The top downloaded apps when you search for Jobs on Android Some have had over 10,000,000+ downloads 8
9. #STAFFING #HIRETOWIN LinkedIn mobile traffic has grown from 8% in 2011 to over 43% at the beginning of 2014 Introduction to Mobile Recruiting 9 2011 8% 2012 19% 2013 30% 2014 43+% 30% of LinkedIns monthly unique job viewers are looking at jobs on mobile devices 1/3 of job views come from mobile 124+ profiles are viewed every second on a LinkedIn mobile LinkedIn Earnings call October 2013 and Q1 2014
10. #STAFFING #HIRETOWIN 10 What Recruitment Companies Say About Mobile Jenny Potter Marketing Manager Aspire Global Networks Mobile is becoming increasingly important in recruitment and this is reflected in Aspires stats over the past year. Mobile traffic has gone from 12% traffic coming to us via mobile this time last year to over 25% now. First and foremost a mobile site needs to be easy to navigate and quick to load. 2013 2014
11. #STAFFING #HIRETOWIN At Aspire all candidates registered on our desktop sites can quickly and easily apply to roles from their mobile, saving them from having to move devices and potentially forgetting to return later. 11 What Recruitment Companies Say About Mobile Jenny Potter Marketing Manager Aspire Global Networks
12. #STAFFING #HIRETOWIN 12 What Recruitment Companies Say About Mobile Claudine Edwards Marketing and PR Manager Oliver James Associates Looking for a new job while being currently employed can be tricky so job seekers are increasingly looking to be able to search for new opportunities away from prying eyes. This is where mobile devices come in to their own and offer the option for private job searching. In the last year, visits to our website via mobile devices have definitely risen.
13. #STAFFING #HIRETOWIN 13 What Recruitment Companies Say About Mobile Claudine Edwards Marketing and PR Manager Oliver James Associates The mobile version of ojassociates.com is geared solely towards job searching and application, to further aid job seekers we have added quick apply widgets such as Apply via LinkedIn. Since launch we have seen an increase in mobile applications as well as overall visits from mobiles and tablets which now account for around 12% of all of our traffic.
14. #STAFFING #HIRETOWIN 14 What Recruitment Companies Say About Mobile Kim Pasteau Marketing Manager Lawrence Harvey Group We recognize the urgency and necessity to take full advantage of mobile recruiting, the statistics and information on the trend cannot be ignored. Improving the users experience via mobile and tablet is of the utmost importance, especially as we are talking about reaching a huge percentage of active and passive candidates. With 70% of people accessing the internet from mobile devices, its imperative that we in the recruitment business are not left behind the curve and optimize our websites accordingly.
15. #STAFFING #HIRETOWIN 15 What Recruitment Companies Say About Mobile Special thanks to our contributors!
16. #STAFFING #HIRETOWIN The 3 Mobiles: Social Sites, Apps and Mobile Websites 16
17. #STAFFING #HIRETOWIN The 3 Mobiles: Social Sites, Apps & Mobile Websites 66% of internet users have used a mobile for social. 64% have used a tablet. 200 million users send over 400 million tweets daily, with nearly 60% of tweets sent from mobile devices. 30% of jobs viewed on LinkedIn are seen from mobiles. Mobile daily active users of Facebook were 556m on average for December 2013, an increase of 49% year-over-year. 17 http://techcrunch.com/2014/01/21/instagram-is-the-fastest-growing-social-site-globally-mobile-devices-rule-over-pcs-for-social-access/ http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/sep/12/twitter-ipo-stock-market-launch http://investor.fb.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=821954
18. #STAFFING #HIRETOWIN The 3 Mobiles: Social sites, Apps & Mobile websites Building an app is different than having a mobile optimized website. People will have to download your app from either your site or from an app store. These enable you to have your branding on their devices and push messages and notifications direct to their mobile devices. 18
19. #STAFFING #HIRETOWIN The 3 Mobiles: Social Sites, Apps & Mobile Websites Mobile websites can either be a different version of your website or can dynamically resize to a mobile screen this is called a responsive site. Mobile websites dont need to be downloaded. Mobile sites should be faster to load than your normal site and therefore help with your search engine rankings from a mobile. 19 http://searchengineland.com/breaking-the-mobile-speed-barrier-for-seo-gold-179927 http://m.kellyservices.us/ushome/
20. #STAFFING #HIRETOWIN 20 Easy Flow to Follow Kelly Services http://m.kellyservices.us/ushome/
21. #STAFFING #HIRETOWIN 21 Firms of All Sizes Are Embracing Mobile Strategies Mark/Ryan Associates www.markryan.net
22. #STAFFING #HIRETOWIN The 3 Mobiles: Social Sites, Apps & Mobile Websites Having a mobile website substantially decreases your bounce rate. Mobile optimized sites have a bounce rate of 26% - lower than most standard desk top sites (46.6%). Site engagement increased by 56% in terms of time on site and page visits increased by 65% when presented with a mobile site. 22 2013 Mobile stats of 4MAT.com clients with a combined Visits of over 80,000 on 4MAT Mobile Platform
23. #STAFFING #HIRETOWIN 5 Tips for a Successful Mobile Strategy 1. Do your research 2. Build your foundations 3. Outbound reach and inbound attraction 4. Think conversions and workflows 5. Analyze, review, improve 23
24. #STAFFING #HIRETOWIN 1. Do Your Research Speak to your candidates are they using their mobile for jobs / their career? Do actual research poll your database Dont waste your time! Look at your Google analytics (go to Audience, Mobile, Overview) Internal audit on time, resources and competence Is this worth your time? Speak to your LinkedIn contact about mobile usage in your market 24
25. #STAFFING #HIRETOWIN 25 1. Do Your Research LinkedIn Daily Mobile Averages 15 million Profile views 1.45 million Job views 44 thousand Job applications http://blog.linkedin.com/2014/04/18/the-next-three-billion/ 25
26. #STAFFING #HIRETOWIN 2. Build the Foundations Build a mobile optimized website If you are a recognized brand with a high volume of jobs or need to manage a workforce then consider an App Post jobs to LinkedIn Use employee branding on LinkedIn Share content that is easy to consume on mobiles Make application processes frictionless 26
27. #STAFFING #HIRETOWIN 27 In 2012 we have surpassed our original goal for Dominos e-commerce, when they announced that over nearly 60% of all sales are now being ordered online. In 2012 Dominos surpassed their original goal for e-commerce, when they announced that over nearly 60% of all sales are now being ordered online. Dominos now takes 20% of digital sales from mobile devices, and reported that m-commerce shoppers tend to buy more frequently and loyally. http://www.futureplatforms.com/our-work/dominos-pizza/
28. #STAFFING #HIRETOWIN 3. Outbound Reach and Inbound Attraction Redesign your job alerts for mobile inboxes Think about sending SMS job alerts Be creative with messaging Apps like WhatsApp (social and messaging app usage grew by 203% in 2013) Share content that is image heavy Share your job postings to your LinkedIn followers 28 http://mashable.com/2014/01/14/mobile-app-use-2013/