Merchant Banking vs Investment Banking - Investment Banking by eduCBA
Embed Size (px)
For full text article go to : https://www.educorporatebridge.com/investment-banking/merchant-banking-vs-investment-banking/ Learn the differences between Merchant Banking vs Investment Banking, its roles and responsibilities and how each one is related to the capital markets in domestic and global arena
Transcript of Merchant Banking vs Investment Banking - Investment Banking by eduCBA
- 1. Merchant Banking Investment Banking
- 2. Merchant banks and Investment banks both are the financial institutions that provide different kind of services. However there are some key differences between Merchant bank and Investment bank. Firstly we need to understand: What is meant by Investment Bank? What is meant by Merchant Bank?
- 3. What is meant by Investment Bank? Investment Bank is a financial institution that helps to government, corporate, HNI (high Net Worth) individual in raising capital. They provide services like: Research Sales and Trading Raising capital Underwriting Merger and acquisition Restructuring
- 4. What is meant by Merchant bank? Merchant Banking is a combination of Banking and advisory services. It provides advisory services to its clients like: Project Promotion Syndication of Loan Underwriting of securities Corporate Counseling Venture Capital Placement of securities
- 5. Differences between Investment Banks and Merchant Banks Basis Activity Merger & Acquisition Investment Bank Merchant Bank Traditional investment banks were engaged in the underwriting of shares and issuance of shares Merchant banks are well known in international financial activities. Investment banks assist companies in the acquisition and merges Traditional Merchant banks not assist companies in the acquisition and merges
- 6. For more information visit us at https://www.educorporatebridge.com/ https://www.educorporatebridge.com/free-courses/ https://www.facebook.com/CorporateBridgeGroup https://twitter.com/corporatebridge Thank You!!!