Mc seminar mtb mle
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Mc seminar mtb mle
- DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION Bridging the GAP and Raising the BAR Through Balanced Multiliteracy Education PresentedbyJohnMedina
- The Whats, Whys and Hows of Mother Tongue- Based Multilingual Education (MTB-MLE)
- THE WHATS
- THE WHATS? Mother Tongue Second Language Bridging Multilingual Education Mother Tongue- Based Multilingual Education Mother Tongue Instruction
- WHAT IS MOTHER TONGUE? Mother tongue. The language(s) that one has learned first; referred to as first language (L1), home language or heritage language. Language of the childs home his thoughts are encoded in this language.
- WHAT IS SECOND LANGUAGE? Second Language (L2). A second language learned after L1. A second language learned at school for formal educational purposes.
- WHAT IS REGIONAL LANGUAGE? Regional Language refers to the lingua franca or the commonly spoken language of a region
- WHAT IS BRIDGING? Bridging is the process of transitioning from learning one language to another. It also refers to the use of L1 as the initial medium of instruction, gradually introducing increasing amounts of instruction in L2, until either L1 is phased out entirely, or both L1 and L2 are used as media of instruction.
- Early-exit transition. The mother tongue or L1 is the medium of instruction (MO1 for 2-3 years, then switch to L2 and/or L3 as MO1 Late-exit transition. The mother tongue or L1 is the medium of instruction for 5-6 years or more, then switch to L2 and/or L3 asanMO1.
- WHAT IS MULTILINGUAL EDUCATION? It is term adapted by UNESCO in 1999 to refer to the use of at least three languages, the mother tongue, a regional or national language and an international language in education. It is education, formal or informal in which the learners mother tongue and additional language are used in the classroom.
- Mother tongue-based multilingual education is education, formal or non - formal, in which the learners mother tongue and additional languages are used in the classroom. Learners begin their education in the language they understand best - their mother tongue - and develop a strong foundation in their mother language before adding additional languages. WHAT IS MOTHER TONGUE-BASED MULTILINGUAL EDUCATION?
- WHAT IS MOTHER-TONGUE-BASED MULTILINGUAL EDUCATION (MTB-MLE)? MTBMLE is a learner-centered, active basic education which starts in the mother tongue and gradually introduces one or more other languages in a structural manner, linked to childrens understanding in their first language or mother tongue.
- WHAT IS MOTHER-TONGUE INSTRUCTION? generally refers to the use of the learners mother tongue as medium of instruction for teaching and learning. covers both the teaching of and the through teaching the language. considered as foundation of quality and relevant education.
- MULTILINGUAL EDUCATION is a structured program of language learning and cognitive development providing a strong educational foundation in the first language successful bridging to one or more additional languages enabling the use of both/all languages for life-long learning
- MULTILINGUAL EDUCATION is based in the childs own known environment and bridges to the wider world. Known to Unknown
- MULTILINGUAL EDUCATION Meaning based education enables students to learn well because they understand what the teacher is saying.
- MULTILINGUAL EDUCATION Using the culture the child knows enables immediate comprehension from which new concepts can be built going from the known to the unknown.
- MULTILINGUAL EDUCATION Reading in the mother tongue enables immediate comprehension
- THE WHYS
- THE WHYS? Language Acquisition Language Learning Benefits of MTBMLE Legal Foundations of MTBMLE
- STATEMENT FROM PRES. NOYNOY AQUINO My view on this is larger than just the classroom. We should become tri-lingual as a country; Learn English well and connect to the world. Learn Filipino well and connect to our country. Retain your mother tongue and connect to your heritage."
- MOTHER TONGUE AS MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION AND AS A SUBJECT Mother Tongue shall be used as a medium of instruction and as a subject from Grades 1 to 3. English or Filipino shall be used from Grades 4 to 10. DepEd Order 31, s. 2012
- Why should the early graders be taught (in all subjects) in their MotherTongue first?
- MULTILINGUAL EDUCATION The purpose of a multilingual education program is to develop appropriate cognitive and reasoning skills enabling children to operate equally in different languages - starting in the mother tongue with transition to Filipino and English.
- DEFINE THE GOALS/PURPOSES OF EDUCATION AS YOU SEE THEM prepares students to be responsible, mature, and productive citizens who will uphold the pride of the nation and their parents
- WHAT DO PARENTS SAY ABOUT THE PURPOSE OF SCHOOLING? I send my child to school to learn English.
- HOW DO TEACHERS GENERALLY TEACH ENGLISH? Through teaching reading of
- WHAT IS THE NUMBER ONE STATED DIFFICULTY FILIPINO TEACHERS FIND IN THE CLASSROOM TODAY? Lack of Reading Comprehension
- Togetherreadthisparagraph Melek aksara adalah kemampuan untuk mengidentifikasi, mengerti, menerjemahkan, membuat,mengkomunikasikandanmengolah isi dari rangkaian teks yang terdapat pada bahanbahancetakdantulisanyangberkaitan denganberbagaisituasi.
- Readanddiscussthisparagraph. La Rpublique des Philippines est un pays constitue d'un archipel de 7 107 les dont onzed'entreellestotalisentplusde90%des terresetunpeuplusde2000seulementsont habites, alors qu'environ 2 400 les n'ont mme pas reu de nom. On distingue troiszonesgographiques:Luon,lesVisayas etMindanao.Luonestl'lelaplusvasteetla plusseptentrionale,etquiabritesacapitale, Manille, et la plus grande ville du pays, QuezonCity.
- Learning Language One does not learn in a language that he does not understand. When a beginning learner thinks, he uses the language that he grew up with.
- May 9 na gamgam sa sanga kan bayawas. Naglupad si 6 na gamgam. Pirang gamgam an natada sa sanga kan bayawas? There are 9 birds on the branch of a guava tree. 6 birds flew away. How many birds were left on the branch of the guava tree? Lets read this:
- Good Morning Children! I am Miss Arce I am your English teacher FIRST DAY IN GRADE 1 CLASS What is my teacher saying?
- THE LANGUAGE QUESTION Pupils do not understand what their teacher is saying, and therefore they cannot follow the lesson. Why? Because the language in school is one that they can hardly understand. The school language is NOT their language.
- All children CAN learn to read to read with understanding within the first few years of schooling . . . in a language that they use . . . in a language that they understand.
- LANGUAGE ACQUISITION AND LANGUAGE LEARNING How does one acquire a language? How does one learn other languages?
- LANGUAGE ACQUISITION AND LANGUAGE LEARNING Language Acquisition natural way of acquiring a language does not necessitate a formal study happens naturally at home and in the childs immediate environment good models would help a child acquire a language well.
- LANGUAGE ACQUISITION AND LANGUAGE LEARNING Language Learning the process of acquiring another language in a more formal way. usually this happens in school various approaches are employed in order for the learner to learn another language.
- LANGUAGE ACQUISITION AND LANGUAGE LEARNING In school . . . there should be a smooth transition from a childs home language to learning a seco