Mc donald's india
Embed Size (px)
This ppt shows how mcdonalds india management is carried out.
Transcript of Mc donald's india
- McDonalds India McDonalds India
- Submitted By: Siddhant Agrawal
- About the Company: The McDonald's Corporation is the world's largest chain of hamburger fast food restaurants, serving around 68 million customers daily in 118 countries. Headquartered in the United States, the company began in 1940 as a barbecue restaurant operated by Richard and Maurice McDonald. There are over 310 McDonald's restaurants across the country today.
- History of the Company: McDonald's India opened its first restaurant in 1996. Locally owned by Hardcastle Restaurants Pvt Ltd (HPRL) and Connaught Plaza Restaurants Pvt Ltd (CPRL). Time Line: Launch of First McDonald's Restaurant - 1996 Introduction of Happy Meals - 1997 Introduction of Drive thru - Kalamboli restaurant 2001 Launch of Delivery - Bandra restaurant in 2004 Introduction of Happy Price Menu - 2004
- About the Owner: In India, McDonald's has two Indian entrepreneurs: Amit Jatia, Vice Chairman, Hardcastle Restaurants Pvt. Ltd, which has been awarded a Development Licensee status by McDonald's Corporation, U.S.A, spearheads McDonald's operations in West & South India. McDonald's restaurants in North & East India is managed by Vikram Bakshi's Connaught Plaza Restaurants Private Limited, which is still a Joint Venture with McDonald's Corporation.
- Products in India:
- Mission Statement "McDonald's brand mission is to be our customers' favourite place and way to eat."
- Vision Statement McDonald's vision is to be the world's best quick service restaurant experience. Being the best means providing outstanding quality, service, cleanliness, and value, so that we make every customer in every restaurant smile.
- Core Values: We place the customer experience at the core of all we do. We are committed to our people. We believe in the McDonald's System. We operate our business ethically. We give back to our communities. We grow our business profitably. We strive continually to improve.
- Business Strategy Introduction of Vegetarian Burger in Indian Market such as McVeggie and McAloo Tikki. Targets some specific set of audience like kids, youth and the young urban family. Introduces new toys in Happy Meal every week to target the kids. Special discounts and promotional offers are given to generate more customers. Happy Price Menu.
- Business Environment Suppliers Competitors Customers Publics Intermediaries
- Corporate Social Responsibility Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC). Commitment to Children. Light up your life, Adopt a child Educational workshops Hand in Hand Saving Sight Programme.
- Energy Saving Initiatives Initiatives for Water Conservation A Greener Neighborhood I Care for Eye Care
- Human Resource Strategy Organizational Structure. Job Analysis and Job Evaluation. Recruitment and Selection Process. Management development(Training and Development). Motivation Performance management and Appraisal. Reward and Employee Benefits.
- Marketing Mix Product Place Price Promotion
- SWOT Analysis
- Strengths Flexibility and Innovation in products Supply Chain Management Affordable Prices Centralized Customers Support Service Lot of restaurants across India
- Weakness Limited Menu Inefficiencies in Home delivery Global Warming Negative Publicity High Employee Turnover
- Opportunities Expansion Out-of-Home Breakfast Better Home Delivery Environmental Friendly Packaging Increasing demand for healthier food.
- Threats Religious and political confrontation. Changing Customers preferences. Threats of New Entrance. Lawsuits against McDonalds. Trend towards healthy eating.
- PEST Analysis
- Political The business operation of an organization is always influenced by the policies of state and its government. In India, McDonalds business is also under the control of governments rules and regulations The main issue of controlling food business is health and other issues are license, employee laws, tax issues etc. Political instability of local state is also affects McDonalds business.
- Economic All companies are affected by ongoing global economic slowdown. McDonalds India faces different scale of tax and revenue measurement. McDonalds also faces difficulties because of international currency fluctuations especially in its global food distribution. Local economical condition is also responsible for affecting McDonalds operation.
- Social The life style of people is being changed and the demand of this change affects McDonalds. In India, Hindu people prefer vegetable, Muslim people avoid pork. To fulfil the customers expectation, McDonalds needs to research the market and also needs to provide effective food menu.
- Technological The impact of technological innovation is also considerable to meet the customers expectation. As all existing food chains for instance, KFC, Pizza Hut etc, compete each other, McDonalds has to ensure the all technological access to influence the customers. Modern and speedy distribution channels, easy and quick payment facility, customer entertaining equipment in store, wireless internet facility in all stores etc. can help McDonalds to keep on its success.
- Achievements The Most Respected Company for four consecutive years (2003-2006) in the Food Services sector, by Businessworld. The Most Preferred Fast Food Outlet 2006 & 2007 by Awaaz Consumer Award hosted by CNBC. Star Retailer the Consumer Way, Food Services Retailer of the Year 2006 & 2007, 2008 by Franchise. Retailer of the Year Award for catering services (2004-2006) at the Images Retail Awards.
- The Amity Corporate Excellence Award in 2007 & 2008. The Most Wanted Brand of the Year Award 2003 & 2004 by Franchising Holdings India Ltd. The Most Admired F & B Retailer of the Year: QSRs Foreign Origin The Golden Spoon Awards by Images Retail. The Company with the Best Corporate Conscience 2008 by Business & Economy Value for Money brand 2010 by Pitch Magazine The most trusted family restaurant brand in the country award in 2009, 2010, 2011 by Readers Digest Food service retailer of the year 2011 and 2012 Star Retailer Awards
- Competitors Subway Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC). Venkys. Pizza Hut. Dominos. Locally owned fast food restaurants.
- Corporate Social Responsibility Corporate responsibility is a core value at McDonald's. Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Commitment to Children Light up your life, Adopt a child Educational workshops Care for Environment