Mary McKnight: Inbound Marketing Presentation
Click here to load reader
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Mary McKnight: Inbound Marketing Presentation
- 1.MARY MCKNIGHT INTERNET MARKETING DIRECTOR FUEL RECORDS, EMI PRIVATE CONSULTING CONTACT INFO: [email_address] PHONE:: 321-442-3872 HTTP://WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/MARYTMCKNIGHT HTTP://FRIENDFEED.COM/REBLOGGIRL HTTP://TWITTER.COM/REBLOGGIRL Intro to Inbound Marketing Mary McKnight, email@example.com
2. 2009 State of Technology Mary McKnight, firstname.lastname@example.org 3.
- Outbound Marketing
- Inbound Marketing
The Shift in the Sales Process Mary McKnight, email@example.com 4. Where do leads come from? If 51% of your leads come from your online efforts, 51% of time and money should be dedicated to your online strategies.Mary McKnight, firstname.lastname@example.org 5.
- On Page SEO
- Off Page SEO
- Domain & URL structure
- Title tags & meta data
- Rich, relevant content with strong internal and external linking
- Backlinks from authoritative domains with quality anchor text
SEO 16% of leads Mary McKnight, email@example.com 6. Search Volume
- Google :: 70.93%
- Yahoo :: 16.58%
- Bing :: 8.91%
- Ask :: 2.54%
- AOL :: .28%
- *Data from Hitwise.com2009 Search Study
- *Chart from SEOmoz2009 Ranking Factors
Mary McKnight, firstname.lastname@example.org 7. What is natural first page Google placement worth?
- 1. 56% of clicks
- 2. 13% of clicks
- 3. 10% of clicks
- 4. 4% of clicks
- 5. 5% of clicks
- 6. 3% of clicks
- 7. .4% of clicks
- 8. 3% of clicks
- 9. 1% of clicks
- 10. 3% of clicks
Mary McKnight, email@example.com 8. Finding the right keywords
- Make sure the keywords you are targeting have value.
- Use research tools likeSEO Books Keyword Tool
- Determine the traffic value of #1 position for a prime keyword using this formula ::
- Total Daily Traffic for Keyword x 56% = Total Estimated Traffic to Site
- Ex. 159 x 56% = 89 visitors per day from Google
Mary McKnight, firstname.lastname@example.org 9.
- Database Collection
- Outbound Efforts
- Website/blog RSS feed
- Facebook fans and groups
- Specialized db of past clients & prospects
- Only send something when you have something important to say
- Group contacts based on interest or type and message them with targeted content
- Always include a call to action that links back to your lead generator
- Keep messages short and use accepted copywriting practices
Email Marketing 14% of leads Mary McKnight, email@example.com 10. Fast Facts
- 80% of consumers subscribe to permission-based email messages from companies.
- 71% of U.S. online marketers have used email marketing in the past 12 months, and an additional 12 percent plan to use it within the next 12 months.
- U.S. Internet users spend 15% of total Internet time one mail.
- JupiterResearch forecasted that email marketing spending will grow to $2.1 billion by 2010 in the United States.
- According to Forrester, the value of the email marketing market will grow by 12% per annum, hitting $2.3 billion in 2012.
- Email has among the highest return on investment (ROI) index of all marketing channels.
Mary McKnight, firstname.lastname@example.org 11. Resources
- Be sure to include a link to your property search and lead generator in the signature line of your email (this link is 10 times more likely to be clicked than a link to your homepage)
- Make your email signature a call to action! The best call to actions are specific like search 143K homes for sale in Orlando today or save $120K on recent foreclosed homes now
- Graphical call to actions are 10 times more likely to be clicked than text links on both email and your website
- Touch or drip email campaigns of 8 emails per year create 30% more business per annum from your existing database.
Mary McKnight, email@example.com 12. Authentic Messages Create Customers Mary McKnight, firstname.lastname@example.org 13.
- Why Pay for Traffic?
- Best Practices
- Pay Per Click Campaigns on Google generate immediate targeted traffic to your site
- If implemented correctly they have very high conversion rates
- Set a budget based on keyword value
- Hire an AdWords professional (typical fee 15% of campaign)
- Direct PPC traffic to conversion landing pages, NOT your home page!
- Use split testing for ads
- Use geo targeting for ad buys
- Measure your results
PPC 13% of leads Mary McKnight, email@example.com 14.
- Conversion Page
- Conversion Paths
- Conversion pages are designed to convert visitors to customers
- They offer little text and many places to take action that result in generating a lead or a sale
- Ideally, there is little else a visitor can do on a conversion page other than take action and convert
What Kind of Pages Do You Buy Traffic To? Mary McKnight, firstname.lastname@example.org 15. Facts & Tools
- Adwords Traffic Estimator
- 28% of all search traffic in Google goes to the sponsored paid links
- The #1 position is not always the most profitable in PPC
- The combination of first page natural and paid search can increase your traffic by more than 300%
Mary McKnight, email@example.com 16.
- The Networks To Use
- Productivity Tools
- Facebook 300M
- Personal Page
- Business Page
- Twitter 44.5M
- LinkedIn 43M
- Business Growth
- 49 Amazing Social Networking Stats
- Friend Feed
- Aggregates social content
- Pushes content to Twitter
- Google Reader
- RSS reader
- Allows you to share content
- Tweet Deck
- Desktop/mobile Twitter client
- Allows you to publish to multiple accounts
Social Networking 8% of leads Mary McKnight, firstname.lastname@example.org 17. Action Items
- ALWAYS fully fill out your social profile and include your web address.
- Talk to others 12 times more than you talk about yourself
- Aggregate and distribute your content among your social profiles for efficiency
- Network UP not laterally (AKA DONT SOCIALIZE WITH OTHER REALTORS)
- Prior to the advent of online social networks, the accepted Dunbar number (average number of friends a single person can keep in touch with) was 150
- Tools like Facebook, MySpace and Twitter, when used correctly can increase that number 10 fold
- Social networks can be used effectively to drive traffic and business back to you and your website
Mary McKnight, email@example.com 18. Facebook
- Most affluent users of any social network
- 300 million users
- The largest group of users is over 25 years old
- System offers advertising, group and business page creation and the ability to segment friends for targeted messaging
Mary McKnight, firstname.lastname@example.org 19. Facebook Strategies
- Personal Page (Wall)
- Business Fan Page (customized withwww.Involver.com )
- Local business or real estate group with regular messaging
- Continued friend acquisition
- Organize your friends into lists so you can message them appropriately
- The name of the game is sharing things that interesting to your industry and business and to you personally!
Mary McKnight, email@example.com 20. Twitter
- 44.5 million users
- 1382% growth in usage from Feb 08- Feb 09
- 81% are 25+ years old (median age 31)
- 58% have a college degree
- 53% female
- 35% live in urban areas
- 55% live in suburban areas
- 83% of users earn more than $30K/year
- 10% of users earn more than $75K/year
- * Twitter Statistics
Mary McKnight, firstname.lastname@example.org