Living with a Peaceful Mind
Embed Size (px)
Life keeps getting faster and more complex. Along with that comes stress. Many of us do not have time or the skills we need to balance our lives and cultivate a peaceful mind. Of course, we can have a peaceful mind in those moments of grace while we are on vacation but how can we do it while going about our busy lives? This month, I am happy to share another mini-seminar with you: How to Live With a Peaceful Mind. Take a few minutes to peruse and then enjoy integrating these simple, practical and easy tips in your day-to-day life.
Transcript of Living with a Peaceful Mind
- Paramahansa Yogananda, a great spiritual master of India advises us to be Actively Calm and Calmly Active.
- While calm is not the be all and end all of our personal and spiritual development, a calm mind is easier to master.
- Calm breath balanced and healthy lifestyle (negativity, unnecessary stimulation, superfluous needs)
- Pay attention to your state of mind and cultivate attitudes and actions that make your mind peaceful.
- thoughts attitudes actions purpose Align your thoughts, attitudes and actions to your purpose.
- A few years ago, I travelled to India on a winter sabbatical to participate in a two-month meditation retreat. Our days were dedicated to meditation and lectures given by Baba, a loving, compassionate and wise monk. On New Years Eve, as we sat in the lecture hall, Baba recounted a story from the Bhagavad Gita. Arjuna, faced with what seemed like an insurmountable challenge, fell into fear, doubt and confusion. This escalated into despondency. Baba paused, looked up at us and asked, How much of your time and energy are spent in fear, doubt and confusion? I experienced a transformational realization, set my New Years resolution and never looked back. * fear, doubt and confusion
- doubt confusion fear
- Adopt a pro-active and self-empowered mindset
- Take care of your body Get regular exercise and fresh air Eat a healthy diet of fresh, unprocessed foods. Avoid too much spice, salt, sugar and stimulants (coffee, tea and energy drinks).
- Take care of your mind: Relax Observe the change in your state of mind Take 3-5 deep, full and relaxed breaths hint: do not try this while on the telephone Stop negative thinking in its tracks Hint: your body it will tell you when a negative reaction or emotion has been triggered because youll feel tension or other uncomfortable sensations When that happens, take a deep breath, acknowledge the emotion, the reaction that triggered it and let them go after all, you will be much more effective through mastering your emotions than being controlled by them.
- Take care of your soul and spirit: Define and align to your higher purpose.
- Take it a step at a time. Do not expect to get there in one day. But try to always aim in the direction of a balanced and peaceful mind. www.margotbordenpsychotherapy.com 2014
- PSYCHOTHERAPY: Identify and align to your essence bringing harmony, congruence, spirit and success into your life. Body-Mind: Clear up core emotional and subtle issues. Cognitive: Identify and eliminate negative thoughts and beliefs. Educational: Develop self-knowledge, selfacceptance and practical life skills. EAST-WEST EXECUTIVE COACHING: Facing a challenge in bridging the East-West divide? Let us help you 'succeed, optimize, humanize your east-west business experience'. Margot Borden Sessions available in-person or online in Paris, Scottsdale & Mumbai in English, French and Hindi.