Linked In Secret Twin
Embed Size (px)
how to remove a duplicate profile from LinkedIn
Transcript of Linked In Secret Twin
- 1. or How to remove a duplicate profile on LinkedIn Hey! Thats my secret twin!
2. It Happensand it can be fixed
- Has this happened to you?Youreworking on your LinkedIn profile, look at thePeople You May Knowbox and your name is there!How did this happen?andWhat do you do?
3. Relaxand research
- First, click on the name and review the profile.Could it be a coincidence - someone with your same name?Is it asecret twin ? It happens in soap operas!(remember Viki Buchanan and Niki Smith?)
- Okay. Kidding aside, you realize it is you. Most likely you accepted an invitation to join LinkedIn and never touched the profile again.
4. Solution #1
- You can close yoursecret twinLinkedIn profile on your own if you remember your email address and password connected to that profile.Click onSettings , thenClose Your Accountlocated in the Personal Information section.
5. Still need help?
- Because most people cannot remember the password and email address for thesecret twinprofile they are in a bind. Not to worry, gather a little information and LinkedIn can close yoursecret twinprofile.
- Theres a few easy steps to follow that I have mapped out with pictures. Hang in there, well get this done
6. Solution #2: Ask LinkedIn for help
- Look up yoursecret twinprofile on LinkedIn and make note of the web address in the Public Profile section.
- Armed with your info, click onHelp
- In the search box type close account then click thesearchbutton
- When the results appear so will a second tab titledAsk Customer Service . Click on it.
- You are now on the Submit Your Question page.Fill in the required fields as follows:
- Email: enter theemail addressyou use for your active LinkedIn account
- Subject:enter duplicate account
- Question: enter please close duplicate account created in error:
- ClickContinueat the bottom of the page.
- A confirmation screen will come up with a tracking number. Save this number.I expect it will take LinkedIn a week to complete your request.
- LinkedIn continuously updates their website - If the steps have changed please let me know.
- If you are successful shedding yoursecret twinplease share your story with me!
- If youre stuck Im here to help:Staci Daley:[email_address]