Let us tell you a story - Social Media Paradox
Embed Size (px)
Brands often struggle to match their own perception of themselves with that of their customers. This deck introduces the concept of "Social Media Paradox" which pin points why brands often end up in a mess when it comes to social media and how some brands completely weave social media into the fabric of their own systems. After reading this story, we request you to share your own learning with us and tell us whether your brand have been able to solve this paradox as yet? Tweet to us #SocialMediaParadox
Transcript of Let us tell you a story - Social Media Paradox
- Let us tell you a story!!
- But before that
- Bring along your teddy Polish your eyeballs Clean out earwax
- There was a little boy, Alex. Only son of his parents.
- Alexs parents pampered him with all sort of things and had high hopes from him.
- Alex grew up into an intelligent boy, always getting top grades, was good in sports All in all an ideal student.
- Having followed a fixed set of rules all his life, when Alex entered college he found it a bit difficult to make friends as he always considered himself better than others
- As time went by, Alex scaled new heights but became over-confident of his abilities
- Also, he never cared for what others have to say about him; He assumed what he was doing was right!!
- Hence, Alex never bothered to change himself and remained what he was Overconfident, Successful and Awesome !
- This was what Alex thought of himself
- Years after, Alex went to his college reunion party, where they played a game where one has to name one like and one dislike about everyone in the room
- Alex came back disheartened from the party after he came to know what his friends used to think of him and even then they had the same opinion
- Detached Unapologetic Arrogant Unfriendly
- What went wrong???
- Possibilities Alex didnt listen; Alex never adapted himself; Alex was always hell-bent on his own procedures and methodologies;
- In simple words.. Alex took his opinion of himself to be the worlds opinion.. And that was the biggest mistake of his life!
- Now lets do a simple exercise..
- Replace Alex with Your Brand
- Replace Alexs parents with Decision makers of your brand
- Replace Alexs friends/colleagues with Your customers/clients
- What did you realize??
- Do you think you are being perceived by your customers just the way you want??
- What is this perception gap?
- This gap is the branding divide which occurs due to one common syndrome contracted by brands very often, better known as
- THE SOCIAL MEDIA PARADOX
- Lets have a look at two cases where the paradox has been solved and one where things are still weak!
- PARADOX SOLVED Oreo has weaved social media into the fabric of their business, it has blended so well into their system, which has placed them in the first-mover category. Image Source
- PARADOX UNSOLVED What they had thought about themselves? What customers thought about them? McDonalds turned out to be Alex here! Image Source
- What do you think?? Have you solved the paradox yet??
- Share with us your learning.. Tweet to us #SocialMediaParadox
- The Story Teller http://www.linkedin.com/in/iprashantjain @bigtimefoodie
- ABOUT SIMPLIFY360 SIMPLIFY360 IS THE WORLDS FIRST INTEGRATED ENTERPRISE SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM. OFFERINGS INCLUDE: SOCIAL MARKETING SUITE FOR AGENCIES SOCIAL CONTACT CENTRE FOR BPOS SOCIAL COMMAND CENTRE FOR ENTERPRISES. www.simplify360.com
- Leaders use Simplify360 Clients Partners World wide Brazil and LatAM Malaysia Qatar USA India Singapore & India Saudi Arabia Worldwide Korea
- THANK YOU CONNECT WITH US