Learning About Learning And Thinking About Thinking
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Learning About Learning And Thinking About Thinking
- 1. Learning About Learning And Thinking About Thinking By Dorai Thodla
2. We Live In a Complex World Did You Know (video)? 3. What Does It Mean?
- We Need to Learn Better
- We Need to Learn to Learn
- We Need to Improve Thinking
- We Need to Spend time Thinking about Thinking
- Learning and Thinking Tools
4. How People Learn (Deloitte Study) 5. Different Ways You Learn 6. Learning Styles Differ 7. Next Generation Learning Tools
- MIT Sketchboard (video)
- Siftables (video)
8. Thinking 9. Why Do We Think?
- Because we cant help it
- Reaction (to events)
- To make a living
- To solve problems
- To help others
- To generate ideas
- To Create (products)
- To Win
- To Learn
- To Improve
- To gain Knowledge
- Because it is Fun
10. 11. 12. Thinking and Problem Solving 13. Problem Solving
- What is 19 x 21
- What is the last digit of 3 ^ 2002
- Role of knowledge?
- Role ofthinking?
14. Thinking and Intelligence 15. Multiple Intelligence Howard Gardner Verbal/Linguistic:This intelligence is related to words and language, both written and spoken, and dominates most Western educational systems . Logical/Mathematical:Often called scientific thinking, this intelligence deals with inductive and deductive thinking/reasoning, numbers and the recognition of abstract patterns. Visual/Spatial:This intelligence, which relies on the sense of sight and being able to visualise an object, includes the ability to create internal mental images and pictures. Body/Kinesthetic:This intelligence is related to physical movement and the knowings and wisdom of the body, including the brains motor cortex, which controls body motion. Musical/Rhythmic:This intelligence is based on the recognition of tonal patterns, including various environmental sounds and sensitivity to rhythm and beats. Naturalist:This intelligence deals with the recognition, appreciation and understanding of the flora and fauna of the natural world. Interpersonal:This intelligence operates primarily through person to person relationships and communication. Intrapersonal:This intelligence relates to inner states of being, self-reflection, metacognition (thinking about thinking) and awareness of spiritual realities. 16. Thinking and Emotion
- Emotion affects thinking
17. Thinking and Attitude Brick Layer Story 18. Thinking and Ideas The outcome of thinking? 19. Ideas Trigger Ideas 20. Ideas Trigger Ideas (ex: MP3 Player) 21. Idea Pyramid Thinking about Ideas Filter based on interests, goals, research Free Thought.No judging, no selection. Write all ideas down Prototyping, Implementing, Testing Actionable FilteredIdeas Lots of crazy ideas 22. Thinking And Learning 23. Group Think 24. Thinking Tools
- Concept Maps
- Argument Maps
- Idea Logs
- Annotation Servers
25. Idea Logs, Blogs, Wikis
- Idea Logs
- A simple notebook or document to store your ideas
- Private (selectively shared)
- Blogs can be public or private
- Share Ideas and get feedback
- Claim territory
- More powerful than simple documents or blogs
- Interlinked Pages (hypertext)
26. Call for Action
- Keep an Idea Log (your secret)
- Start a Blog (Thinking Aloud)
- Keep aWiki (Explore Ideas, Resources)
- Try Tools (Web Marks, Annotations)
- Map your Mind
27. A Few Things to Think About
- Do you know what you know?
- Do you know what you do not know?
- What is your TQ (thinking quotient)?
- What is your CTQ (collective thinking quotient)?