Learning 2.0-Web2.0 Applications for Learning solutions
Click here to load reader
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Learning 2.0-Web2.0 Applications for Learning solutions
- 1.Training 2.0
Web 2.0 Applications for Learning Solutions
What do YOU hope to get from this session?
3. 4. Or is Thishow you feel???
5. I think new technology is:
Really cool. I try out as much as I can, and love every minute of it.
Sometimes useful for learning, but I wait to try it until its proven.
A real pain. I try to avoid wasting my time with it as much as possible.
6. Newtechnology means
Blog readers, Wikis, Social Bookmarking
Twitter, Social Networks, Mobile apps
Waves, Simulations, Augmented Reality
7. Web 2.0
8. Web 2.0 is not a new type of technology, its just a marketing term.
9. Web 1.0 allowed information to be Publishedin new ways.
10. Web 2.0 allowed information to be Sharedin new ways.
11. Learning is about making connections.
Web 2.0is about making connections.
12. Web 2.0 requires two significant shifts in thinking
From communication to conversation
From getting value to sharing value
13. How has Web 2.0 changed your work or your life?
14. Dont forget: You can copy-paste this slide into other presentations, and move or resize the poll.
Jane Harts top learning tools for 2009.
16. Web 2.0 tools give us new ways to achieve the same end results.
17. Start by figuring out where you want your learners to end up.
18. Tools for remembering.
19. If your learners can find it, do they really need to remember it?
20. Tools for understanding.
21. Remembering and understanding wherever you are.
22. How has the ready access of information changed your training design?
23. Tools for analyzing and evaluating.
24. Tools for creating.
25. You need a process for evaluatingtechnology tools.
Define / verify your strategic focus
Scan for tools to meet needs
Focus and Scan / Scan and Focus
26. Costs 27. Competition 28. Functionality 29. Usefulness /usability 30. Ignore 31. Monitor 32. ImplementEvaluate
33. What other tools are you using?
34. Tools for connecting.
35. Jane Harts Social Learning Definitions shows social learning primarily in cases of individual and self-directed learning.
36. MY top 5 tools for social learning:
37. Reality check the way social learning helps me is not easily built into a course.
38. How do you use the connections between learners to help with learning?
SocialMedia / Learning / Networks
Changing Role ofInstructional Designers
Tony Karrers hot topics in learning.
40. Once upon a time
Which was taught in hopes of achieving
Expertise is more widely distributed.
The amount of information available is increasing.
43. Findingthe right information is harder than ever.
Results 1-10 of about 2,320,000 (0.10 seconds)
The role of the trainer is changing to coach /archeologist / leader.
45. The Future of the Training Department
46. How has your increasingly complex environment changed the work you do?
47. Social Networking
Communicating with others
Collaborating with others
Social Learning Environment
48. What sort of social learning environment already exists at Lilly?
49. Collaborative Learning
for people who cant walk by my desk and buy me a cup of coffee.
Jim Coffey, Caterpillar
50. Emergent practices allow organizations to develop and capture new ways of doing things.
51. Social learning environments need to be seeded and weeded .
52. Content creation should be part of peoples day job
53. Web 2.0 doesnt change the way we Learn-Brain Rules still apply.
54. Im never joining your little birdie cult.
55. Social Media Adoption Curve
56. 57. How can you tap into that network to help your customers?
58. Thank You