LCAA7755 Guide £575,000 Pink Moors, St Day, Redruth ... glazed bifold doors opening into:-...
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of LCAA7755 Guide £575,000 Pink Moors, St Day, Redruth ... glazed bifold doors opening into:-...
Ref: LCAA7755 Guide £575,000 The Old Dairy, Pink Moors, St Day, Redruth, Cornwall, TR16 5NL FREEHOLD
Situated in a quiet rural hamlet convenient for Truro, Falmouth and Treliske Royal Cornwall Hospital, a delightful double fronted, recently refurbished detached cottage with
4 bedroomed accommodation with sleek contemporary interiors yet retaining both character and charm plus the wonderful asset of a newly built DETACHED 1
BEDROOMED ANNEXE together with generous landscaped rear gardens plus further outbuildings backing onto fields.
Ref: LCAA7755 2
SUMMARY OF ACCOMMODATION MAIN HOUSE: Ground Floor: reception hall/snug, sitting room with woodburning stove, kitchen/dining room with sliding doors opening to rear sundeck, utility room, bedroom 4/study, shower room, wc. First Floor: 3 double bedrooms, family bathroom. DETACHED ANNEXE: Open-plan sitting room/dining room/kitchen, double bedroom, en-suite shower room. Outside: parking for numerous vehicles, decked sun terrace, timber office/studio, large aluminium framed greenhouse, storage shed (attached to annexe), raised flower beds and borders, raised vegetable beds, large level areas of lawn, children’s play area. DESCRIPTION
• The availability of The Old Dairy represents an incredibly exciting opportunity to acquire a wonderful family home with the fantastic asset of a superb newly built 1 bedroomed detached self-contained annexe.
• The Old Dairy itself is thought to date back originally to the 1600’s but in recent years underwent a significant schedule of refurbishment
Ref: LCAA7755 3
plus extension and now provides delightfully presented, well proportioned double glazed, oil fired central heating accommodation under a slate roof, in good order throughout having recently been rewired, replumbed and redecorated.
• Reception rooms include a good sized sitting room with woodburning stove, a secondary sitting room/playroom, a fantastic kitchen/dining room with sleek white units with a thick American walnut worksurface with space for an eight seater dining table and bifold doors opening onto a sunny decked terrace and the formal gardens.
• Four bedrooms – three double bedrooms and a well appointed family bathroom on the first floor plus a fourth double bedroom/study on the ground floor with en-suite shower room.
• The wonderful asset of a newly built (2018) detached timber framed, SELF- CONTAINED ANNEXE quietly located in the rear garden with beautifully appointed spacious accommodation including a wonderful open-plan sitting room/dining room/kitchen with open vaulted ceiling and bifold doors opening to the garden plus double bedroom and contemporary en-suite shower room. The annexe provides excellent ancillary accommodation perfect for dependent relatives, guests, teenagers, etc., but also has planning permission for 10 weeks per annum to be used as an income earning holiday let which the owners let through Airbnb generating a lucrative and useful letting income. (For further details contact Lillicrap Chilcott).
• The gardens and grounds are delightful, landscaped with a beautiful decked sun terrace to the rear with raised flower beds ideal for entertaining, barbecues, al fresco dining, etc. The gardens extend to the rear and are of good sized of approximately ¼ of an acre with large area of level lawn bounded by mature tree and hedge borders backing onto fields and includes a children’s play area, greenhouse, raised vegetable beds and are ideal for families with children and green fingered plantsmen alike.
• Gravelled parking area for 5/6 cars plus timber office and outbuilding/workshop.
• The Old Dairy is located in the quiet rural hamlet of Pink moors with little or no passing traffic ideal for families with children and yet highly accessible, just a short drive from the A30 giving fast access around the county with a multitude of north coast beaches and even the coastal resort of St Ives within a 30 minute drive.
LOCATION The hamlet of Pink Moors is conveniently located and within easy reach of good village amenities which include post office, two butchers shops, stores, cricket, football and rugby pitches and just a 3 minute walk away from an award winning family pub. The cathedral city of Truro is five miles distant and is Cornwall’s capital city and has the widest range of facilities and services within the county, the cobbled streets of the city are filled with a mix of local and national retailers, cafes, restaurants and offices offering professional services. The recently constructed Lemon Quay Piazza is overlooked by a flagship Marks & Spencer store and The Hall for Cornwall theatre, whilst there is also a multi screen cinema, museum and many sports clubs and teams throughout the city. There are highly regarded primary, secondary and private schools in the area. Truro has a station on the main Penzance to Paddington line with trains to London taking around 4½ hours.
Ref: LCAA7755 4
A few miles to the north west of the property is the north Cornish coast and a number of spectacular golden sand beaches including Perran Sands, Trevaunance Cove and Porthtowan and of course all giving access to the South West Coastal Footpath. Porthtowan with its fantastic golden sand surfing beach becomes ever more popular year on year with its renown Blue Bar which lies just above the beach, is a perfect place to eat and drink whilst watching the waves in the evening sun. The Old Dairy combines that very rare blend of house, excellent annexe and large established gardens in an accessible location ideal for those looking for a family residence close to Truro, the north Cornish coast or Treliske Royal Cornwall Hospital. Early viewing highly recommended by the vendors sole agent to avoid disappointment.
THE ACCOMMODATION COMPRISES (all floor plans and dimensions are approximate) From a gravelled parking area a panelled entrance door into:- SNUG / RECEPTION HALL – 14’7” x 11’3”. Wooden double glazed window to the front, staircase with handrail and glazed screen ascending to the first floor with large understairs storage cupboard, ornamental fireplace with granite lintel and slate hearth with alcove shelving and cupboards to either side, high level cupboard housing electricity fuse boards and electricity meter, engineered oak flooring, contemporary upright radiator. Door to bedroom 4/study (see below). Open archway through into:-
SITTING ROOM – 14’ x 12’. Wooden double glazed window overlooking the front, feature fireplace with cast iron woodburning stove set on a brick and slate hearth with granite lintel over. Wood panelling to dado level, radiator, fitted TV shelf, engineered oak flooring, wall light. Opening through into:- KITCHEN / DINING ROOM – 20’10” x 11’. Fitted on four sides with a comprehensive range of white base and eye level cupboards providing excellent storage with solid black American walnut worksurfaces over with inset Franke 1½ sink and drainer unit with chrome mixer tap over, solid walnut splashbacks, electric Smeg range with five ring hob, glass splashback with brushed steel Smeg extractor hood over. Integrated Smeg dishwasher, island unit with solid walnut worksurfaces over, opaque glazed display cabinets, radiator, inset halogen downlights. Natural slate flooring, space for upright fridge/freezer, double glazed double doors and sliding tri-fold double glazed doors both opening and looking out onto rear
Ref: LCAA7755 5
sundeck and enclosed formal garden beyond. Space for six seater dining table, oak latch door opening into:- UTILITY ROOM. Fitted on one side with shelving and solid walnut worktop housing Firebird Enviromax oil fired central heating combi boiler, space and plumbing for washing machine, space and plumbing for dryer. High level shelving, coat hooks, shoe shelving, natural slate flooring, oak door opening into:- ‘JACK AND JILL’ SHOWER ROOM. Wooden double glazed window to the side, fitted with contemporary white sanitaryware including wall mounted wash hand basin with chrome mixer tap and Fired Earth tile splashbacks, low flush wc, shower cubicle with retractable glazed shower screen and Mira Go electric shower. Chrome heated ladder style towel rail, inset halogen downlights, extractor fan, natural slate flooring door into:- STUDY / BEDROOM 4 – 10’5” x 8’9”. Wooden double glazed window to the side, radiator, oak latch door into reception hall/snug.
FIRST FLOOR LANDING. L-shaped, smoke detector, inset halogen downlighters, wall light. Doors into:- MASTER BEDROOM – 14’ x 10’ max. Wooden double glazed window overlooking side fitted with a row of fitted wardrobes providing excellent shelving and hanging space. Part barrelled ceiling. BEDROOM 2 – 15’8” x 8’5” extending to 11’4”. An L-shaped room with two wooden double glazed windows overlooking side with window seats, radiator. BEDROOM 3 – 9’ x 8’5”. Wooden double glazed window to side, inset halogen downlights, radiator. FAMILY BATHROOM. Fitted with contemporary white sanitaryware including low flush wc, broad wall mounted wash hand basin with chrome mixer tap and Fired Earth tiled splashbacks, bath with chrome mixer tap and additional mixer shower attachment over. Chrome heated ladder style towel rail, tiled cabinet with storage underneath, wall mounted cabinet, wooden double glazed windows overlooking rear gardens,