Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Laughter Yoga
- 1. Laughter Yoga and Heart by Hatice Oncel
2. Why? Children laughs ~300 times Adults laugh~ 20 times http://i.pbase.com/u/hamery/large/349287.1535347_IMG1.jpg 3. Can laughter be healing?
- L ife threatening disease arthritis
- Massive doses of vitamin C &10 minutes watching comedy show
1979 Norman Cousin s 4. http://www.moviejini.com/tvjini/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/laughter-yoga-session-with-dr-kataria.jpg Dr. Madan KatariaMumbai, India in 1995 5. 6. Bethan Jones http://www.physedandrec.ualberta.ca Dr.B illyS trean Laughter Yoga Instructors 7. 8. 9. http://www.laughteryogaonthephone.com/ Gaga Barnes -2006 20 minutes 10. Social Benefits Strengthens relationshipsAttracts others to usEnhances teamwork Mental Health Benefits Adds joy and zest to lifeEases anxiety and fearRelieves stressImproves mood Physical Health Benefits Boosts immunityLowers stress hormonesDecreases painRelaxes your musclesPrevents heart disease Benefits of Laughter 11. Michael Miller, M.DUniversity of Maryland Medical Center
- Research about Laughter & Heart
- November 15, 2000
- 150 healthy person and 150 non-healthy, heart disease
- Peoplewith of heart heart disease was less laughing~40 %
- than the others with no problem disease
- endorphins which is chemical releasing when we laugh
- If you were eating in a restaurant with some friends and the waiter accidentally spilled a drink on you, would you
- (a) not find it particularly amusing
- (b) be amused but not show it outwardly
- (c) smile
- (d) laugh
- (e) laugh heartily
Laughter Survey 13. A score of 53 or more may mean you have additional laugh protection against heart disease Number of people Total score 14. Univers i ty of Maryland Medical Center in 2005.
- Drs.Goel, Miller, Mangano, Park, Plotnick, and Vogel
- 20 healthypeople , avarage age was 33.
- blood flow slowed 35%went down in 14 of 20 after they watched a movie which causestress .
- blood flow increased 22%went up in 19 of 20 volunteers after they watched a movie which cause a laughter.
15. www.centurahealthinfo.org/.../images/en/9367.jpg Heart attack Coronary Artery Disease Endothelium :the inner lining of blood vessels L aughter maintain the endothelium healthier 16. Jun SugawaraandTakashi TarumiFindings
- L aughter effects last 24 hours
- D epressing caused blood vessels contrasted about 18 percent and harmed the vessels
17. Heart Benefits for Diabetes
- Laughter group hadincrease good cholesterol levelsthan Control group
- a lower risk of cardiovascular disease for diabetes patients
Lee Berk, DrPH, MPH Stanley Tan, MD, PhD 20 Patients with highblood pressure and high Cholesterol levels Laughter Group Control Group 18. L augh a day keeps thed octorandthe cardiologist and the psychiatrist away 19. Thank You 20. References
- Chertok, M.( 2009, November 17).Laughter yoga and heart disease.Retrieved February 5, 2010, from http://www.laughteryoga.org/lyblogs/marlene-chertok/162-laughter-yoga-and-heart-disease
- Cousin, N. (1789 ).Anatomy of an illness as perceived by the patient :Reflection on healing and regeneration . New York, NY: W.W. Norton & Company,Inc
- Crawford, B.,Levitt, E.B.,& Newman, G. F.( 2009, March 9)Laughter isgood for your heart . Retrieved February 5, 2010, from www.umm.edu/news/releases/laughter. .htm
- Krupa, D.(2009, April 17).Mirthful laughter, coupled with standard diabetic treatment, raises good cholesterol and may lower heart attack risk . Retrieved February 9, 2010, from http://www.the-aps.org/press/releases/09/14.htm
- Miller, M., Mangano, C., Park, Y.,Goel, R., Plotnick, G. D, and Vogel R. A. (2006, February).Impact of cinematic viewing on endothelial function . Retrieved February 5, 2009, fromhttp://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1860773/?tool=pubmed