Kanchanaburi is one of the most famous natural, cultural and historical province of Thailand
Embed Size (px)
If you are interested in traveling in the natural, cultural as well as the historical province of Thailand! Please take a look at this ppt because it will help you more about the information of Kanchanaburi province.
Transcript of Kanchanaburi is one of the most famous natural, cultural and historical province of Thailand
- Members of group
- 1.Ms.Tipaporn Hngorsakul Id.52623433006
- 2.Ms.Radtiyakorn Khampong Id. 52623433011
- 3.Mr.Apisit Namkod Id. 52623433017
- 4.Ms.Wanida Phoothongkan Id. 52623433019
- 5.Ms.Khanaporn Limpanich Id. 52623433022
- Overview of western Thailand
- The western Thailand is the fifth largest region of the country.
- The terrain is high mountains and steep river valleys. Western Thailand hosts much of Thailand's less-disturbed forest areas. Water and minerals are also important natural resources; the region is home to many of the country's major dams, and mining is an important industry in the area. It is a place where there are various kinds of gemstones.
- It is divided into 5 provinces : Phetchaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Ratchaburi, Tak and Kanchanaburi.
- The highest point is Khao Yai or Khao Yai Highland, which high from the sea level around 2,190 metres. It is located on the Middle Tha-Non Thong- Chai Mountain Range.
- The most important mountain range is Ta-Naw-Sri- Mountain Range ,which is the connection from Tha-Non-Thong-Chai Mountain Range. The meeting point of two mountain ranges is the west of Kanchababuri. It is the boundary between Thailand and Myanmar. It runs from Kanchanaburi to Ratchaburi to Petchaburi to Prachuap khirikhan to Chumporn. It is long 834 kilometers.
- Another mountain range is Southern
- Tha-Non-Thong-Chai Mountain Range which runs from Tak to Kanchanaburi at Kwae Noi River.
- There are 3 important rivers are Kwae Noi River , Mae Klong River and Petchaburi River.
- The most largest province is Kanchanaburi.
- The most smallest province is Ratchaburi.
- Geography of Kanchanaburi
- The province is located in the west of Thailand, and is situated 129 km from Bangkok and covers a total area of approximately 19,483 km being the countrys third largest province after Nakhon Ratchasima and Chiang Mai.
- Neighboring provinces are Tak, Uthai Thani, Suphan Buri, Nakhon Pathom and Ratchaburi. In the west it borders Kayin State, Mon State and Tanintharyi Division of Myanmar. Kanchanaburi is subdivided into 13 districts.
- it is covered with timber and evergreen forests. The district covers the source valleys of the rivers Kwae Yai and Kwae Noi ("River Kwai"), which merge at the city Kanchanaburi and form the Mae Klong River there.
- Mountians :
- There are many mountains in this province such as:
- Panommarn Mountain, Kaew Mountain, Poo Leab Mountain, Nom Nang Mountain and Yai Yoi Mountain.
- There are 4 important rivers in this province are Kwae Yai River, Kwae Noi River , Mae Klong River and Lam Ta Poen River.
- There are 4 important waterfalls are Erawan Waterfall, Sai Yok Yai waterfall, Sai Yok Noi waterfall and Huay Ka Min waterfall.
- General information
- The seal of the province shows the three pagodas, located on the Bantadthong Mountain . They gave the name to the mountain pass to Myanmar, called " Three Pagodas Pass .
- The provincial flower is
- the Night-flowering Jasmine.
- The provincial slogan is A province of ancient
- community, three pagodas pass, precious stones, River Kwae Bridge, Minerals and waterfall resources.
- Local Culture
- - Folk Culture and Traditions :
- Ram Yoei is a local dance of
- the Kanchanaburi local people that
- has been performed for more
- than 500 years. They perform
- Ram Yoei on Songkran Day and New Year, etc. This play is still popular nowadays in Panom Thuan district.
- - Lifestyle : Most of the local rural people work in the field of agriculture. Even though most of them are of Thai ancestry, there is also a lot of Mon and Karen blood around.
- - Events & Festivals:
- 1. Mineral Water and Waterfall Bathing Day :
- held at Hin Dat Hot Spring, at the beginning of November. In the festival, there are booths of agricultural products and tourism exhibition of Amphoe Thong Pha Phum .
- 2. Boat and Raft Peoples Day :
- held every year at the
- beginning of November at
- Song Khwae Road near the
- riverside in front of the city of
- 3 . River Kwae Bridge Week
- - Local Food : Kanchanburi is a province famous for its freshwater fish. There are jungle food restaurants illegally selling imported meat of endangered animals from Burma, such as deer etc., the government does in no way support the trade.
- How to access there
- By car : Drive along to Petchakasem Road or Boromratchachonnanee Road and then you will pass Nakhonchaisri , Nakhonpathom Province , Ban Poong , Tha Ma Kaa, Tha Muang and arrive to Kanchanaburi Province. It is located around 129 Kilometers from Bangkok. It takes approximately 1.30 hrs to get there.
- By train: There is a train from Bang Kok Noi to Kanchanaburi 2 times per day. It departs from Bang Kok Noi at 7.40 a.m. and 13.50 p.m. It takes approximately 4 hrs to get there.
- How to access there
- By republic bus : Depart from the Southern Bus Terminal to Kanchanaburi by republic bus. It will depart every 20 minutes from 5.00 a.m. 22.30 p.m. It takes approximately 2 hrs to get there.
- Tourist Attractions
- River Kwae Bridge Week Festival
- held every year around the
- end of November until the beginning
- of December to commemorate the
- significance of the Death Railway and
- the Bridge over the Kwae River taking
- place in World War II.
- Type of attraction is temporary festival to commemorate to the historical place.
- How to access there : From Kanchanaburi town
- By car: Depart from Kanchanaburi town to the north by take the highway no.323 around 4 kilometers and then turn left aroun 400 meters. You will see the label which makes you know where is the bridge.
- By Train: Take the Kanchanaburi Namtok Route and then get off at Kwae Yai Bridge Railway Station.
- SWOT Analysis
- Strength: There are many activities to do in this festival so; the tourists will enjoy their time over there.
- Weakness: It should be creating some new activities for attract more tourists.
- Opportunity: The festival held on a well-known location so, there are many tourists come to joy the festival.
- Threat: According to this festival held on the bridge so, when tourists visit there they should be travel carefully.
- Krasae Cave
- This cave has been as temporary accommodation for prisoners of war when the dead railway from Thailand to Myanmar was built. The cave connects with the Kanchanaburi- Namtok railway route. Krasae cave is located in Sai Yok District which is approximately 55 kilometers from Kanchanaburi town.
- Type of attraction is
- natural attraction.
- How to access there :
- By train: Take the
- Kanchanaburi Namtok
- railway route and then
- get off the train at Tham Krasae Railway station.
- By car: Depart from Kanchanaburi town go ahead to Gang Siean intersection and then go straightto Sai Yok District. Drive along the highway no.323 until you see the kilometer stone no.29-30. Then you will see the cave.
- SWOT Analysis
- Strength: There is a Buddha image inside this cave so, it can easily to attract the tourist visit there because they can enjoy sightseeing the cave and also pay respect to the Buddha image.
- Weakness: There is no stalagmite and stalactite so; some people like to visit another cave.
- Opportunity: According to it is located in a good location so, the tourists will enjoy beautiful scenery from the Kaw Noi River.
- Threat: Some people dont like to visit there because it is far from the Kanchanaburi town.
- Erawan National Park
- Erawan National Park fo