July 2014 Medical Coding Q&A Webinar
Embed Size (px)
The July 2014 Q&A Medical Coding Webinar from www.codingcertification.org discussed several topics of interest to medical coders including Botox injection, Billing and Coding, Advance Beneficiary Notices (ABNs), Photo of EVAR (Endovascular Aneurysm Repair), CPC Exam Prep: Overview of RVUs (Relative Value Units), Certificate vs. Certification, and Cardio Codes 92920 – 92978: Stents and Stuff. It was announced that CodingCertification.Org will be offering a course in HCC coding (Hierarchical Condition Categories); stay tuned for more information as it becomes available! Also, in September 2014, CodingCertification.Org will offer for the first time ICD-10-PCS for inpatient medical coding. This addition to CodingCertification.Org product line will allow coders who are preparing for the AHIMA CCS certification to obtain all the necessary curricula from CodingCertification.Org. CodingCertification.Org’s current product line was reviewed. Attendees’ questions on various coding topics were answered. Presenters were Laureen Jandroep, CPC, CPC-I, CMSCS, CHCI and Alicia Scott, CPC, CPC-I. Boyd Staszewski hosted this webinar.
Transcript of July 2014 Medical Coding Q&A Webinar
- Coding Certification Q & A Webinar- July 2014
- Twitter Chat (optional but fun!) Twitter Chat Service is up http://tweetchat.com/room/ccochat log in to your twitter account first then login to tweetchat It automatically puts our hashtag #ccochat on all messages
- Stay to the End For... A giveaway and your AAPC CEU Index Code for 1 CEU
- Poll Poll - How many CCO webinars have you attended?
- Tracy Gallier-Mitchem passed CPC 6/26/14 Sandi Steele passed CPC 6/28/14 Urvashi Gupta passed CPC 7/17/14 Perry Barnhill passed CPC 7/21/14 Peggy Williamson passed CPC 7/2014 Anyone else out there who passed recently? Congratulations to...
- Medical Terminology & Anatomy Course (MTA) Physician Based Coding Course (PBC) (CPC course) Facility Based Medical Coding (FBC) (CPC-H course) Review Blitz Video Package (included in PBC) Mini-Mock Practice Exams CEU Classes (On Demand) ICD-10-CM MiniCourse or ICD-10 FULL Course Medical Billing Course (PBB) http://CodingCertification.Org/Products Quick Outline of Product Lineup
- Medical Terminology & Anatomy Course (MTA) 40 CEUs! Review Blitz Video Package (CPC Blitz) 17 CEUs! CEU Classes (On Demand) ranging from 1 - 4 CEUs each ICD-10-CM Mini Course 8 CEUs! ICD-10-CM Full Course 37.5 CEUs! Facility Based Coding Course (FBC) 30.5 CEUs! Physician Practice Manager (PPM) 6.5 CEUs! http://CodingCertification.Org/Products Other CEUs from CCO!
- We are proud to announce that CCO will be offering a course in HCC coding in the near future. Stay tuned for details. Coming Soon New HCC Course!
- For those wanting to become a certified professional medical auditor - CPMA we have started a new class on Wednesday nights starting July 2nd until September 9th. It is not too late to join in. Announcing New Auditing Course! http://go.codingcertification.org/medical-auditing-course-cpma
- Tamara Lucus CPC, CPC-H, CPC-I, CPMA Your Physician Based Medical Auditing Instructor:
- And another new course is coming! http://go.codingcertification.org/icd-10-pcs-procedural-coding-system-course Class Starts in September
- Poll Interested in any of our new courses coming out?
- Botox Injection* What is the difference between Lefort I, II, III from each procedure? Also is botox injection part of the procedure? What is cpt code for the botox injection? ANSWER
- Poll Poll - What coding credential do you HAVE?
- What is the difference between Billing and Coding? Do they overlap? ANSWER Billing vs Coding*
- What is an ABN? What is an ABN? ANSWER
- Poll Poll - What region of the country are you from?
- This was a pretty large section of guidelines in the CPT book that I assume you didn't have on your radar at the time you made the video. Codes 34841 - 34848. ANSWER Photo of EVAR
- Poll Poll - What coding credential do you WANT?
- CPC Exam Prep: RVU The higher the code the higher the RVU? Can you explain the value? 46045 - 5.87 45300 - 0.80 -Debbie ANSWER
- What is the difference between a certificate in coding vs being certified? ANSWER Certificate vs Certification*
- Hi Laureen - can you review the new cardiovascular code changes in range 92920 - 92978? ANSWER Cardio Codes 92920-92978 - Stents & Stuff*
- ICD-10-CM Mini Course 40 hour course equivalent using Carol Bucks Step-by-Step Medical Coding ICD-10-CM Full Course **Payment Plan Now Available** 80 hour course equivalent using Understanding ICD-10-CM text by Bowie ICD-10-CM Practice Exams ICD-10 Prep CCO Style
- CCO eBooks!
- Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/CodingCertification http: Help Us Get The Word Out
- Follow us on Twitter Subscribe and leave a comment on YouTube Your Testimonials! http://www.codingcertification.org/testimonials Help Us Get The Word Out
- Blitz Video Package or 2 CEU Webinars or 1 Hour Session with Laureen Free Drawing! Your Choice of: http://random.org
- Questions in the Chat? HELP!
- Questions In The Chat ANSWERS
- Questions In The Chat Q. I'm not sure if I am understanding how CEU's work. I keep hearing something about them being good for 2 years. Even though I am not certified yet am I able to apply the CEU's to my certification once established? Thank You Sharon Q. This is my first time - how do I submit to AAPC for CEU's? Joan
- Questions In The Chat Q. I am only interested in outpatient coding and debating between CPC-H and CCS. I am CPC, what would be your suggestions? Cawandra Q. Im trying to learn hospital coding inpatient I dont know where to go to learn Im cpc. Tyeasha
- Questions In The Chat Q. Where can a person find all the new updates for CPT and ICD-9 for 2014 without purchasing a new book right now?
- Questions In The Chat Q: I've taken the certification and didn't pass twice any suggestions?
- Questions In The Chat Q. Do you have training for taking the professional billing certification test? Melodie
- Questions In The Chat Q. After I complete CPC exam and start looking for a position, what computer program will I need to know. Are there simulated programs I can learn at home while I'm job-hunting? I'm thinking this while make getting the job and fitting into it a bit smoother. Thanks! Ellen
- Thanks For Being With Us!