Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Joshua Cogan
- 1. Joshua Cogan
1st period Photo Design 2
- 2. Joshua Cogan
Born in 1976
Lives in Washington DC but travels world for his photography
Studied abroad and got his masters in anthropology
He works with both film and digital photography
Uses Nikon and Cannon cameras, along with others
Producer for bluecadet- a studio concerned with telling their clients stories and connecting them to the audience
- 3. Emmy winning
For his work with Bluecadet and livehopelove.com he received an Emmy.
Livehopelove.com is a series of documentaries
Interactive story telling with blue cadet.
He has also won a Webby Peoples Voice award
- 4. Portrait, Lacelle: Spanish Town
- 5. Sam Brown, Travel Channel
- 6. The Milk Machine
- 7. When Cogan was little his bubby (grandmother) told him stories about being on the road.
His grandfather was in the army. So he and his wife could hop in a military plane and go anywhere in the world, as long as there was room.
His Bubby traveled the world and went many different places. From her travels she brought back trinkets and gave them to Cogan.
This gave him the inspiration to travel the world.
He studied anthropology, then fell in love with photography
- 8. A Somali Herder in Ethiopia
- 9. Boxer, Washington D.C.
- 10. NaPali, Hawaii
- 11. Woodsong, Washington D.C.
- 12. Anthony Bourdain
- 13. Cherry Blossoms
- 14. After graduating with a Masters degree in anthropology, I ditched the ivory tower and took to the road with a mission: to document vanishing cultures and enrich our understanding of social issues through photography and mew media. My personal work revolves heavily around faith, culture and environment Joshua Cogan
- 15. Varanasi, India
- 16. Kuna People
- 17. Ethnic Oromo girl with her brother -Ethiopia
- 18. Rosa Parks. February 4, 1913- October 24, 2005
- 19. Description
Three blue public bus benches
White flowers placed on a bus bench tied together. They have long green stems
- 21. Analysis
Emphasis- placed on the flowers
Repetition- of the bus seats. Only one with flowers
Color/ Light- the white flowers on the blue bench. Light is shown on the flowers (adding to emphasis).
Proportion- the small flowers on the large benches
- 23. Interpretation
First glance it has little meaning until you know the tittle and more about why the picture is set up how it is.
Commemorating Rosa Parks
Reminder of what times were like and we have come away from the events that occurred
Also reminder of what Rosa Parks did, how she was miss treated over a mere bus seat
- 25. Judgment
It is a great photo
Reminder of how far we have come
Has much meaning and story behind it
Commemorates Rosa Parks fight for her rights
Its not just one picture but part a story from Cogans work
- 27. Cogan received his masters in
- 28. Cogan is what nationality?
- 29. Cogan won which award?
International Photography Award
Photography Masters Cup
- 30. Bibliography