Embed Size (px)
God did every good thing He had promised Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob that He would do for the Israelites.
Transcript of Joshua 21
- Exodus 21 Cities of the Levites 2-21-10
- Joshua 21 1 Then came near the heads of the fathers of the Levites unto Eleazar the priest, and unto Joshua the son of Nun, and unto the heads of the fathers of the tribes of the children of Israel; 2 And they spake unto them at Shiloh in the land of Canaan, saying, The Lord commanded by the hand of Moses to give us cities to dwell in, with the suburbs thereof for our cattle. 3 And the children of Israel gave unto the Levites out of their inheritance , at the Commandment of the Lord, these cities and their suburbs.
- North Verses 4-40 name these cities and locations.
- Levite cities in the south.
- 41 All the cities of the Levites within the possession of the children of Israel were forty and eight cities with their suburbs . 42 These cities were every one with their suburbs round about them: thus were all these cities. They were scattered, just as God said they would be when Levi and Simeon murdered the tribe of Canaanites hundreds of years before. Purpose: to serve all the people from every tribe as Priests of God.
- 43 And the Lord gave unto Israel all the land which He sware to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein. 44 And the Lord gave them rest round about, according to all that He sware unto their fathers: and there stood not a man of all their enemies before them; the Lord delivered all their enemies into their hand. 45 There failed not ought of any good thing which the Lord had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass .
- God's Word is True! He never makes promises He can't keep. God has the Power ; God has the Will to do. Isaiah 59 1 Surely the arm of the Lord is not too short to save, nor His ear too dull to hear. If there is a problem with our prayers: Isaiah 59 2 But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden His Face from you, so that He will not hear.
- When did God make the promises to Israel's fathers that He has fulfilled in Joshua 21? Over 400 years earlier. Hebrews 10 35 Cast not away therefore your confi-dence, which hath great recompense of reward. 36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the Will of God, ye might receive the promise. We can wait patiently on God, in faith, knowing that He will never fail us .
- Standing on the Promises of Christ my King Through eternal ages let His praises ring Glory in the Highest, I will shout and sing, I'm standing on the Promises of God. We stand on God's Promises in obedience to His Word. We stand patiently , trusting Him.
- Romans 10 8-11 But what saith it? The Word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the Word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus , and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved . For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on Him shall not be ashamed. To truly believe is to do. Confess Jesus as Lord!
- John 16 33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in Me ye might have peace . In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer ; I have overcome the world . The world looks for peace in all the wrong places: The only peace comes in a right relationship with our Savior and Lord , Jesus Christ.
- Psalms 30 4 Sing unto the Lord, O ye saints of His, and give thanks at the remembrance of His holiness. 5 For His anger endureth but a moment; in His favor is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning . You may be passing through a dark time; the night may seem so long. Joy will come in the morning.
- Psalms 103 8 The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy. 9 He will not always chide: neither will He keep His anger forever. 10 He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities. Psalms 126 5 They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.
- Matthew 6 31 Therefore take no thought (do not worry) , saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? 32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your Heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. 33 But seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and His Righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Seek the Giver; His gifts will come. Seek the Savior; salvation will come. Seek the Deliverer; deliverance shall come.
- Deuteronomy 28 1 And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the Lord thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth: 2 And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the Voice of the Lord thy God .
- 3 Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field. 4 Blessed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep. 5 Blessed shall be thy basket and thy store. 6 Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and blessed shalt thou be when thou goest out. God's Way is a blessed Way!
- 13 And the Lord shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the Commandments of the Lord thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them : Someone may say, "This is to Israel , not to the church ." Philippians 4 19 But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
- God has the answer to every question, The solution to every problem, The supply for every need, Healing for every affliction. Josh 21:45 There failed not ought of any good thing which the Lord had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass .