Internet Marketing 101
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Internet Marketing 101
- 1. Internet Marketing 101 Leon Kadoch Hardie:. Information Architect / Web consultant Panama City, Republic of Panama www.tupolitica.com / www.leon-kadoch.com [email_address]
- a vast computer network linking smaller computer networks worldwide (usually prec. by the). The Internet includes commercial, educational, governmental, and other networks, all of which use the same set of communications protocols.
- the act of buying or selling in a market.
- the total of activities involved in the transfer of goods from the producer or seller to the consumer or buyer, including advertising, shipping, storing, and selling.
4. Internet Marketing
- Part of marketing that defines:
- Online services.
5. Internet Marketing Strategies
- Website Design
- Content (Images, Videos,and Text)
- Link Exchange Programs
- Directory Listings
- Advertising Campaigns
- Search Engine Optimization
- Email Marketing
6. Your Audience 7. Easy comes, easy goes
- Theres NO easy money
- Internet is Full of Scam, hence
- Dont believe all miraculous methods of making easy money online
8. Key for Success !
- A GoodBusiness Model
- ProductMUSTbe good
- GREATweb design
- Strategyaccording toBudget
9. 10. Website Development
- 1 stStep of the Online Strategy
- Elaborate good content
- User friendly website
- Too many websites on the internet
- Users should find the website
- Search Engines
- Directory Listings
11. Search Engines
- #1 Resource for Finding Information Online
- 98% of Internet users use them
12. Search Engines
- 60%of Internet users search using Google
13. Understanding Search Engines
- Search engines index billions of websites and rank them according to complex algorithms that assess a pages accessibility, its relevance based on specific search terms or keywords, and importance indicated by the number of sites that link to it
14. Search Engine Optimization
- Work done to a website to let it get noticed and ranked (highly) by search engines.
- Studies show most search engineusers dont scroll past the first page of results.
- Goal:First page of search results
- Building a website using search engine friendly coding techniques that minimize the use of Flash and frames
- Researching appropriate search terms called keywords or keyword phrases that fit the target market
- Incorporating keyword-rich content into a websites domain name, meta tags,title tags, alt tags, headings and overall content, andensuring that content is updated regularly.
- Submitting the website address to search engines
- Developing a reciprocal linking strategy with other websites to grow quality inbound links to the site
16. Types of Search Engines
- Crawler-based search engines
- Usage of Crawlers to define the existence and relevancy of the submitted site.
- They crawl relevant content, keywords and links.
- Patterns of repetition will define the purpose of your site
- Human-powered directories
- Better known as Directories and require you to submit your URL and wait for the editors results.
- Results will depend on the perception and relevancy of your site.
- Some are PAID submissions , and others are FREE
18. Growing Inbound Links
- The morequality inbound linksyour website has, the more likely it is to be labeled as relevant or important by the search engines.
- An SEO package should include the development of aquality linkingstrategy
19. Online Advertising
- Graphical banner advertisements, pop-ups and text based ads
- Ads on third party websites designed to encourage users to click through to your site to learn more and, ultimately, to buy. These ads can be set up for a fee pay-per-click, payper-lead, pay-per-sale or they can be part of a reciprocal ad exchange with an online partner, where you place your partners ad on your website in exchange for your partner doing the same.
- Paid advertising in search engines
- Search Enginesmade possible the availability to buy guaranteed search engine listings through the purchase of keywords.
- Google Adwords
- Google Sponsored Links
- Publishing on Third-Party Websites.
- Another, often overlooked, but cost-saving method of marketing your business online is by publishing editorials in third-party e-zines, e-newsletters and on information-based websites. Just as editorials in offline media can help position you as an expert in your field and drive readers to your website, providing articles written (or ghost-written) by you to targeted online media can also drive traffic to your website, often with no out-ofpocket expense. Just remember to include a short biography that outlines what you do and a link to your website at the bottom of each article you publish.
- Permission-based Email Marketing
- Low Cost and Effective
- Send messages to your target market, directly.
- Drives Traffic to your website / phone line
- Send Sales Letters, or newsletters
21. Negative Part
- Spam filters, good option.
- Unsolicited Advertising
- Filtering Legitimate Marketing Mails, problem.
- Ensuring High Delivery Rates
- Permission Based Emails = Solution
- Spam filters are filtering HTML emails
- Text-based messages with a text link , will do better
22. Other Resources 23. Leon Kadoch Hardie:. Information Architect / Web consultant Panama City, Republic of Panama www.tupolitica.com / www.leon-kadoch.com [email_address]