Interactive Mobile Messaging: A Next Generation Communication Strategy that Works
Embed Size (px)
Learn why interactive text messaging provides greater value and improves customer service through low-cost, actionable conversations that are fully-automated.
Transcript of Interactive Mobile Messaging: A Next Generation Communication Strategy that Works
- 1. Interactive Mobile Messaging: A Next-Generation Communication Strategy That Works
- 2. Why Interactive Text Messaging Is Critical To Your Organization
- 3. Why Alerts Matter
Alerts can serve as the customers financial nervous system and touch almost every aspect of banking.
Alerts will introduce customers to mobile banking and payments.
Financial alerts are conversation-starters with customers.
Timely alerts can deputize the customer.
Alerts can build customer trust.
- 4. Javelins Five-Year Forecast for Financial Alerts
62 Million Online Households Will Receive Alerts by 2014
- 5. Bullish Signs for Mobile Banking
More banks are offering it.
Consumers are switching banks for it.
8% of switchers in first quarter!
Affordable data plans.
Demand for downloads.
Range of products and
- 6. 2 of 3 Consumers Consider Alerts Useful
Usefulness of Alerts to Detect Fraud and Manage Finances
- 7. Most Consumers Want to Share Responsibility for Protecting Their Accounts
Consumer Attitudes for Who Bears Primary Responsibility for Account Security
- 8. All Generations View Alerts as Effective Fraud-Fighting Tools
Usefulness of Financial Alerts to Prevent Fraud (by Generation)
- 9. What Is Slowing Consumer Adoption Of Mobile Alerts?
- 10. Seven Critical Flaws of Alerts
Not useful enough
Not woven into everything an FI does
Headache to set up and tailor
Not timely enough
Not actionable enough
Not safe enough
- 11. Early-Stage Volatility: Preferences for Alerts Shift Over Time
Most Valuable E-Mail or Text Alerts (2007-2009)
Consumer ratings for four alerts plunged 8-16 percentage points from 2008.
- 12. Hispanics and Asians are Growth Segments; Multilingual Programs Help Remove Barriers to Entry
2010 Javelin Strategy & Research
U.S. Demographic Projections
Pew Research Center U.S. Population Projections 2005 2050 February 2008
- 13. How to Identify Which Mobile Alerts Can Add Customer Value And Reduce Costs
- 14. Consumers Desire to be Contacted Through Various Channels
- 15. Six Segments That Show Significantly Higher Use of Alerts
Usage of Alerts in Previous 30 days (By Market Segments)
iPhone users are pace-setters once again.
- 16. Moneyhawks are Heavy Users of Banking Services
Figure 6: Services Used in Past 30 Days Cumulatively (Moneyhawks vs. Consumers)
- They receive alerts at least quarterly.
- 17. They comprise 23% of respondents.